Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

but what if ur not in AP classes ..u become chop liver? JA has been steady with its academics..there is no bell curve over the years...I had my grandmother helpin me with my home work she's a genius..and now she's helpin my niece, nephews and cousins

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Sun :) and I hope we don't see you on VJ for at least a week once your fiance gets here! :devil:

He's probably thinking the samething. He complained the whole time I was in Jamaica on my Blackberry, but yet he sat and watch Kung-Fu movies all friggin day. What do you expect. LMAO :lol:

LMAO!!! I was going to say the same thing - our dear Sunny who logged into VJ withing 24 hours of landing in JA?!?!?! We love you and your likkle BB!

:yes: This place is probably more addictive than crack. :rofl:

Jonsie!!

maxwell is my other baby daddy !! Although I do not approve of him cutting all his hair off.. I almost cried when I saw it :o ..

he is coming to Dallas and I hear the tickets go all the way up to $175?? I had no idea he was so popular..

Rass! Mi naah pay dat fi see Maxwell, when nuttin new released from what, 2001? 2002? Cho! Mi did see him live some years back an mi ticket cost under $50.00, but it was worth it :yes:

Quana - I (L)(L) Maxwell. I loved his hair even more....don't like it cut. He sold out 3 shows here next month. Tickets are expensive but worth every penny. I'm not going cuz I don't have anyone to go with :crying: . Didn't want Damien to see me lose my mind ova my other man.

Jonesie - are you PG :unsure: ?

I don't like his hair either. lol I saw him a couple of years ago and he was pretty good.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
German is what is killing us this year. I am of German heritage and I still can't make heads or tails out of most of that language......just the few words dad and grandpa spoke growing up. Thank God son took it a few years ago so he can help her out.

I keep saying, why couldn't you take Italian or Spanish.....something I know!

My daughter takes Japanese 3 :blink: She probably calls us every name in the book :innocent: .

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
German is what is killing us this year. I am of German heritage and I still can't make heads or tails out of most of that language......just the few words dad and grandpa spoke growing up. Thank God son took it a few years ago so he can help her out.

I keep saying, why couldn't you take Italian or Spanish.....something I know!

OMG!!! I can't take that JG.. they offered German in my middle skool, HELL NO too darn hard to listen to let alone learn.. (no disrespect my love LOL)..

i took French instead. I know a FEW words.. then in high school latin and spanish..Made good grades, but you have to speak that stuff everyday to REALLY learn it.. I would be trilingual right now if I had taken it more seriously I guess..

Timeline

I took spanish all thru HS and 2 yrs in college..u tink mi woulda know a lick a Spanish fi hold a convo..kissteet nope...passed with A's who cares :) (as i wished i could hold a Spanish convo) :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
hEY ALL !!

Island...I must agree with lawny..u have to go to school in JA and US and see the dif..mi neva fortunate like Lawny so mi neva go no private school...mi no know if dat deh a JA but My primary school was very very well known and academics were great. HS was very good also...I was absolutely a bad exam taker and i freaked out everytime..still do..i never study if i don't get it in class (math) i'm never gonna get it..I did very well . When i came here i felt the same way Lawny does i was ahead of my class not by brilliance but what i was taught ...cause there were some pretty smart kids in my classes. I left my homework once and went to the bathroom and came back to the teacher asking me to share my answer i'm the only one that got it, imagine that at 15 coming up from JA wear a church frock and a Patois accent... There is alot more discipline in JA in my opinion. And college is very good as well if u can afford it...i would recommend college here b/c it's recognized everywhere..if u come here from JA u have to some extra work if not not the whole thing over.

Jonsie..u know why yuh belly a run right...dat dyam ORGANIC ice cream fram yesterday...mi no bodda want none...

:thumbs: I agree. A and I always talk about the differences and I feel like JA as a whole has a better education system. Children seem to be well ahead of grade level when compared to their US counterparts (like Lawns was saying) and I really like that there is still religion taught and recognized in schools in JA. Children in JA have more respect for teachers for the most part and are much more disciplined from what I have seen. I don't have any personal experience but just from what I witnessed or have heard from some teacher friends in JA I think the JA education can be better than a US education - especially in the younger years.

Timeline

sjb.. I can imagine being in ur house while she is practicing.. that would CRACK ME UP!!! what does hubby say LOL RG is always laughing when I say the few lil words I know in spanish

and girl.. i really would love to see Maxwell. i have alot of his LIVE CD recordings and it seems like it would be so fun.. I love the band.. they are bad.. Mint Conditon would be another fun concert i bet..

Erykah Badu is too ..that girl is FUNNY!!! she rolled all over the stage dancing when I saw her a couple of mnths ago..

oh and Prince too.. but I would have to sell a kidney to afford his concert...

Timeline

Quana u r hilarious..i can see ur expressions as u type :)

:thumbs: I agree. A and I always talk about the differences and I feel like JA as a whole has a better education system. Children seem to be well ahead of grade level when compared to their US counterparts (like Lawns was saying) and I really like that there is still religion taught and recognized in schools in JA. Children in JA have more respect for teachers for the most part and are much more disciplined from what I have seen. I don't have any personal experience but just from what I witnessed or have heard from some teacher friends in JA I think the JA education can be better than a US education - especially in the younger years.

:thumbs: and that's why I sent Kimora to Catholic school...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ladies. How did your SO propose to you? Was he very romantic or was is very matter of fact?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Nervous as heck..the words couldn't come out..he proposed over the phone and I didn't accept until I went to JA...hehehee..so him end up affi do it twice :devil:

Timeline
Quana u r hilarious..i can see ur expressions as u type :)

:thumbs: and that's why I sent Kimora to Catholic school...

LOL..its funny my best friend say the same thing.. she lives in DC so we usually only email (u know me and this phone LOL) and she says I can HEAR u talking in ur email.. :lol:

i hear that also about the respect for authority in JA.. I wish it was better here.. Kids have no problem cursing in front of elders or not saying excuse me or not letting women take a seat on the bus.. stuff like that..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sjb.. I can imagine being in ur house while she is practicing.. that would CRACK ME UP!!! what does hubby say LOL RG is always laughing when I say the few lil words I know in spanish

and girl.. i really would love to see Maxwell. i have alot of his LIVE CD recordings and it seems like it would be so fun.. I love the band.. they are bad.. Mint Conditon would be another fun concert i bet..

Erykah Badu is too ..that girl is FUNNY!!! she rolled all over the stage dancing when I saw her a couple of mnths ago..

When I lived in Vegas I went to a Prince concert and I have to say it was one of the best concerts that I have ever been to.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I'm used to hearing her practice but it's funny to hear have a conversation with someone else. People are always amazed cuz not too Black Americans take Japanese. She can also hold a basic convo in Spanish. It came in handy when she worked as a telephone operator the last two summers. I wanted her to finish Spanish but her heart is in Japan.

I love Erykah was well...listened to Mama's Gun CD this morning.

Timeline

3 years. In all honesty, this is a touchy subject for me, if he really wanted to go back we/he would have gone already. He talks about wanting to go back but doesn't do anything to make it happen ie save money. We have had separate finances for over a year and a half now. He has made just as much as I have during that time and recently started making more money than I do so we are on the same level in regards to money. He has nothing saved...nothing and I know for a fact he could easily save up for a trip in a matter of a few months. He chooses to do other things with his money. His choice. I just hate feeling guilty about us not having been back when in reality it is out of my control and totally up to him. When it is important enough to him he will make the decision to budget and save for a trip. I would never go without him so for now I will wait as much as I would love to have gone back by now.

I feel you here. We have the same issues. Everytime he says he wants to take a vacation, buy a new car, buy a house, I remind him that all he has to do is start saving too. And, every time he chooses some big purchase, I remind him that could've been for those things as well. I'm not responsible for everything. I refuse to be that person anymore.

We talk about going back next Summer with some friends of ours. At this point, we are no closer to the trip then we were 6 months ago when we started talking about it. Not sure it is going to happen either. Next summer will be 3 years for us since the last time in JA.

I hope that you guys are able to go. That would be wonderful. I refuse to be that person anymore as well. We are both adults. I do the same thing as you too - everytime I see some big new this or that come through our door I remind him of what it could have saved up to be but it's his money, his choice. As long as the bills are getting paid then his "fun" money he can do with as he pleases just don't complain to me about when you ain't got no money :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.