SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Still not over it yet Quana? Yes that would make it very difficult.

Haven't back yet :( He has an average sized family I would say. We talk to them often and his mom has come up here to visit when she worked in Miami.

How long has that been Yardie?

3 years. In all honesty, this is a touchy subject for me, if he really wanted to go back we/he would have gone already. He talks about wanting to go back but doesn't do anything to make it happen ie save money. We have had separate finances for over a year and a half now. He has made just as much as I have during that time and recently started making more money than I do so we are on the same level in regards to money. He has nothing saved...nothing and I know for a fact he could easily save up for a trip in a matter of a few months. He chooses to do other things with his money. His choice. I just hate feeling guilty about us not having been back when in reality it is out of my control and totally up to him. When it is important enough to him he will make the decision to budget and save for a trip. I would never go without him so for now I will wait as much as I would love to have gone back by now.

I feel you here. We have the same issues. Everytime he says he wants to take a vacation, buy a new car, buy a house, I remind him that all he has to do is start saving too. And, every time he chooses some big purchase, I remind him that could've been for those things as well. I'm not responsible for everything. I refuse to be that person anymore.

We talk about going back next Summer with some friends of ours. At this point, we are no closer to the trip then we were 6 months ago when we started talking about it. Not sure it is going to happen either. Next summer will be 3 years for us since the last time in JA.

My daughter uses a calculator everyday. Damien can solve the same problem in my head. He's really good in math.

What grade?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Jonesie ya belly nuh used to di good stuff.. ya affi stay wid di cheap unhealthy foods, zeen :thumbs:

Kimmy ya affi replay dat dere story in english my gyal, mi nuh ovastand.. ya sey di pickney dem try fi jump out di car???

Island, u should check alot of the Talented and Gifted magnets and charter schools, like JG. I was bored in skool till 7th when I attended a TAG academy.. then my grades were at risk.. I wasn't use to having to study and I had to there becuz they taught on higher grade levels.. I was really challenged for the first time..

My daughters both go to a charter skool that I had researched here and my youngest had spelling test in pk3..now in 1st grade one of her words last week was hypothesis..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Haven't back yet :( He has an average sized family I would say. We talk to them often and his mom has come up here to visit when she worked in Miami.

3 years. In all honesty, this is a touchy subject for me, if he really wanted to go back we/he would have gone already. He talks about wanting to go back but doesn't do anything to make it happen ie save money. We have had separate finances for over a year and a half now. He has made just as much as I have during that time and recently started making more money than I do so we are on the same level in regards to money. He has nothing saved...nothing and I know for a fact he could easily save up for a trip in a matter of a few months. He chooses to do other things with his money. His choice. I just hate feeling guilty about us not having been back when in reality it is out of my control and totally up to him. When it is important enough to him he will make the decision to budget and save for a trip. I would never go without him so for now I will wait as much as I would love to have gone back by now.

but Yaads like yuh seh if him did waan go back him woulda..afta yuh no tie him up inna di basement..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My daughter uses a calculator everyday. Damien can solve the same problem in my head. He's really good in math.

that's the point...to be able to do it in ur head...when the computers crash what happens..manual comes in...and long division..how many ppl don't even know what that is

What grade ur kids in JG? what grade did Andre finish in JA?

I'm crazy today...meant to say he can solve the same problem in HIS head.

He loves to help my daughter with her homework.

Timeline

ahahaha..Quana i got tears in my eyes ..ahahaha..

No! the car was parked and she told Kimora jump out instead of her takin her out..OK..IT'S A JEEP..GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

that's the point...to be able to do it in ur head...when the computers crash what happens..manual comes in...and long division..how many ppl don't even know what that is

I know for a fact my kids both do long division. My son is currently taking advanced calculus as one of his classes.

7th and a sophomore. Andre graduated from high school as a prefect.

Wonder if there are big differences between US cities and the way school is taught?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel you here. We have the same issues. Everytime he says he wants to take a vacation, buy a new car, buy a house, I remind him that all he has to do is start saving too. And, every time he chooses some big purchase, I remind him that could've been for those things as well. I'm not responsible for everything. I refuse to be that person anymore.

We talk about going back next Summer with some friends of ours. At this point, we are no closer to the trip then we were 6 months ago when we started talking about it. Not sure it is going to happen either. Next summer will be 3 years for us since the last time in JA.

What grade?

My daughter is in the 11th grade...Honor student in AP classes. She's been using the same calculator since the 8th grade.

Timeline

I'm crazy today...meant to say he can solve the same problem in HIS head.

He loves to help my daughter with her homework.

Ha....I missed it. That is a pretty funny slip.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thats nice JG...not ur kids...some older folk..your/our kids are the future...

Edited by Hotlegz

Timeline

my oldest is in 6th grade and they have to do everything on paper in math.. They are not allowed to use a calculator.. now at home she may check her work w/ it, but the teachers frown on calculators..

Now I remember when I was in school, 9th grade was when we HAD to buy a scientific calculator.. we had to plot graphs and things on them..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Sun :) and I hope we don't see you on VJ for at least a week once your fiance gets here! :devil:

He's probably thinking the samething. He complained the whole time I was in Jamaica on my Blackberry, but yet he sat and watch Kung-Fu movies all friggin day. What do you expect. LMAO :lol:

sunny.. i am like u. i try def to give RG my undivided attention cuz we barely see each other.. but the minute we start playing one to many games of ludy (sp) or watch one too many soccer games. I break out the phone LOL

but when ray comes.. I don't think either of u will be worried about anything else

I sure hope your right quana...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

German is what is killing us this year. I am of German heritage and I still can't make heads or tails out of most of that language......just the few words dad and grandpa spoke growing up. Thank God son took it a few years ago so he can help her out.

I keep saying, why couldn't you take Italian or Spanish.....something I know!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.