SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jomo..its a wonderful thing, in our day when so many men aren't taught to be affectionate, but instead how to throw around their masculinity..

I love to see older man peck his wife on the lips and holder her hand. That was the driving force behind my separation.. I wanted to be that couple..

What do you think it is? I can't think of anything more manly then affection for his SO.

I shower both my children with kisses and I love you's when on the phone. I don't care how old they get to be!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Jonsie!!

maxwell is my other baby daddy !! Although I do not approve of him cutting all his hair off.. I almost cried when I saw it :o ..

he is coming to Dallas and I hear the tickets go all the way up to $175?? I had no idea he was so popular..

Filed: Timeline
My cousins went to public schools in different areas of Trelawny, and did very well. Most of them ended up at UWI and then on to other universities here in the states. It depends on the the area I guess. I can only speak for schools in my area of Trelawny and ones that I'm familiar with. There's a website that a friend of mine was looking at that gave reports of the different school in each Parish. Let me see if I can find her number.

That would be perfect if you could give me that website. Thanks!

TL; she can't remember the name. Told me to see if the Mininistry on Education can help. Mi no know weh else fi look. Soon come.

Sunny, I'm call later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
What do you think it is? I can't think of anything more manly then affection for his SO.

I shower both my children with kisses and I love you's when on the phone. I don't care how old they get to be!

i totally agree.. I think it makes a more stable and confident person, the one who is taught to be comfortable in showing love. i tell the girls daddy that if he is the one to give them what they need emotionally then they will be less likely to look for it elsewhere.. If I couldn't initate him to be more affectionate, hopefully that fear will do it :bonk:

hey whatever works right??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonsie!!

maxwell is my other baby daddy !! Although I do not approve of him cutting all his hair off.. I almost cried when I saw it :o ..

he is coming to Dallas and I hear the tickets go all the way up to $175?? I had no idea he was so popular..

Rass! Mi naah pay dat fi see Maxwell, when nuttin new released from what, 2001? 2002? Cho! Mi did see him live some years back an mi ticket cost under $50.00, but it was worth it :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hEY ALL !!

Island...I must agree with lawny..u have to go to school in JA and US and see the dif..mi neva fortunate like Lawny so mi neva go no private school...mi no know if dat deh a JA but My primary school was very very well known and academics were great. HS was very good also...I was absolutely a bad exam taker and i freaked out everytime..still do..i never study if i don't get it in class (math) i'm never gonna get it..I did very well . When i came here i felt the same way Lawny does i was ahead of my class not by brilliance but what i was taught ...cause there were some pretty smart kids in my classes. I left my homework once and went to the bathroom and came back to the teacher asking me to share my answer i'm the only one that got it, imagine that at 15 coming up from JA wear a church frock and a Patois accent... There is alot more discipline in JA in my opinion. And college is very good as well if u can afford it...i would recommend college here b/c it's recognized everywhere..if u come here from JA u have to some extra work if not not the whole thing over.

Jonsie..u know why yuh belly a run right...dat dyam ORGANIC ice cream fram yesterday...mi no bodda want none...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There is alot more discipline in JA in my opinion.

Jonsie..u know why yuh belly a run right...dat dyam ORGANIC ice cream fram yesterday...mi no bodda want none...

I agree - my niece goes to public school in JA and she is SMART - she took a math exam and got all A's last week. I think that here at a lot of schools in the US, the teachers and curriculum relies heavily on technology (example: calculators) and the kids learn how to plug in numbers for the answers instead of working the problem out without one ones own.

Girl you right - mi neva did tink seh di organic ice cream a mash mi up!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

JG..i do the same thing ...my girls hear i love u every min of the day and kisses and hugs and pick them up when they cry and prevent bruises and all that stuff...they r my girls..mi rub off pon Kashi cause dis mawnin mi pissed a come w/o givin him a kiss..he's like watcha..come gimme a kiss..:) they learn if they want to..cause dat a no di man mi fuss meet..

one a mi fren one time (drives a Pilot) tell mi pickney bout jump out..mi look pon har a ask jump out a wah yuh mussi mad to rass...a fi mi har mi affi protect har and dats why she's a diva and fabulous..go tell fi yuh dem fi jump out and buss up dem mout...kissmirassteet..brite bout jump out

There is alot more discipline in JA in my opinion.

I agree - my niece goes to public school in JA and she is SMART - she took a math exam and got all A's last week. I think that here at a lot of schools in the US, the teachers and curriculum relies heavily on technology (example: calculators) and the kids learn how to plug in numbers for the answers instead of working the problem out without one ones own.

Girl you right - mi neva did tink seh di organic ice cream a mash mi up!

yup..from mi a go school mi memba a try learn time table...kissteet

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

My husband has been looking at my kid's homework lately saying he's never seen anything like it.

Where do your kids go to school? Cause my kids are not allowed to use calculators in their classes. Now, the computer is another thing. But, then again, it's pretty much something you have to learn to use now.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonsie!!

Rass! Mi naah pay dat fi see Maxwell, when nuttin new released from what, 2001? 2002? Cho! Mi did see him live some years back an mi ticket cost under $50.00, but it was worth it :yes:

Quana - I (L)(L) Maxwell. I loved his hair even more....don't like it cut. He sold out 3 shows here next month. Tickets are expensive but worth every penny. I'm not going cuz I don't have anyone to go with :crying: . Didn't want Damien to see me lose my mind ova my other man.

Jonesie - are you PG :unsure: ?

Timeline
Still not over it yet Quana? Yes that would make it very difficult.

Haven't back yet :( He has an average sized family I would say. We talk to them often and his mom has come up here to visit when she worked in Miami.

How long has that been Yardie?

3 years. In all honesty, this is a touchy subject for me, if he really wanted to go back we/he would have gone already. He talks about wanting to go back but doesn't do anything to make it happen ie save money. We have had separate finances for over a year and a half now. He has made just as much as I have during that time and recently started making more money than I do so we are on the same level in regards to money. He has nothing saved...nothing and I know for a fact he could easily save up for a trip in a matter of a few months. He chooses to do other things with his money. His choice. I just hate feeling guilty about us not having been back when in reality it is out of my control and totally up to him. When it is important enough to him he will make the decision to budget and save for a trip. I would never go without him so for now I will wait as much as I would love to have gone back by now.

Timeline
My daughter uses a calculator everyday. Damien can solve the same problem in my head. He's really good in math.

that's the point...to be able to do it in ur head...when the computers crash what happens..manual comes in...and long division..how many ppl don't even know what that is

What grade ur kids in JG? what grade did Andre finish in JA?

Timeline
SNOW????? Who said the "S" word? God, how I hate to hear that word.

We hit below freezing this morning. That I was hoping for to kill all the allergans. Of course, with no heat here at work thus far this week, I probably should've been hoping for warmer temps.

It was 31 degrees this morning :( I had to scrape ice off the windshield and everything. Luckily we don't get a lot of snow (knock on wood) but it sure is cold.

Edited by Yardiewife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.