SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh, honey -

meeting in the last two years just means that you prove that you have in fact met one another in person

and within the last two years.

your passport stamps should verify that. and pictures

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
alright ladies, i have to get on the road, but i just got done typing my cover letter to assemble my packet since im tired of waiting, we decided if the id isnt corrected in next two weeks we will do a DL for the second form of ID, in order to apply for passport. As i was typing the cover sheet, i started having more and more questions so i figured i would ask the pro's and dont cuss me cause they may be dumb questions and there are alot of them....LOL

How many passports photos are needed for each of us, for the initial paperwork? G325A 4 of you 4 of him and 4 of him for interview and 4 of him when AOS

Am i sending original passport photos or copies? originals

How many copies of this dyam packet am i making and im keeping all originals for Kingston correct? I made 3 one to send to them, one for me to keep (copies), and one more (originals of everything birthcertificate, none impediment etc to take for interview)

How to determine proof of having met in 2 years? #######...does this mean, can someone clarify? phone records, letters to and from each other (I made copies of the envelope and letter showing postmarks)

How much evidence should i send and again,im sending copies of evidence? like what, receipts, photos, xrated emails? what??? help a sista out? girrrrrll they don't want to see your headstand lol..kidding..just make copies of pictures, receipts of trips down, boarding passes

Does his letter of intent to marry me need to be notarized as well or only mine? I got mine notorized along with aff of support..I think you would be save with just the notary of aff of support though

Do i need to include a copy of his birth certificate in this packet or only my birth certificate and my passport pages? I didn't include his bc only mine you will put his in the packet for interview

Can someone provide me with a real generic example of the how we met paragraph, so i dont go overboard and tell them where all his birth marks are and how much hair he has on his chest?....LOL..keep it simple include dates of meeting, times you went back, when you decided to get married. Try not to include all your family history and what not cause they use the letter to base your interview questions on.

Okay, yall i gotta run i will be right back and hopefully someone can give me some insight, yall know i get anxious so bare with me. :thumbs:

Honey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whagwaan peeps. Mi a check in (no work today - belly a gripe mi lass nite so mi stay a mi yaad) :(

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Good Morning y'all :D

Tuesday :dead: Ugh...can we fast forward to Friday?

:yes::lol:

Morning everyone!!

We got another RFE!! This time on the I864 because I didn't complete the optional part 7 showing assets. I didn't think that was necessary if you were over the poverty lines.

Anyway it's just a temporary setback that I hope doesn't affect the EAD. We're going for biometrics tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Wakey

But, I only thought you had to complete that part if your income is below the poverty level.

Ok so this one is my bad - I think- I think in looking through my files I didn't send in the last page with my signature also so there is a page 5 & 6 they sent me to fill out. I don't know why I had to fill out the optional assest part though because we aren't below the poverty level.

Oh well, I filled it out and mailed it..no biggie I pray!! :blink:

:bonk:

Whagwaan peeps. Mi a check in (no work today - belly a gripe mi lass nite so mi stay a mi yaad) :(

Feel better Jonesie! :star:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline
:ot: I'm looking for opinions, espeically those of you who went to school in both JA and in the US. Do you feel that one has better academic strengths than the other or are equal?

Hey TL; I went to school in Jamaica until I was 9. My parents intended for my brother and I to go to school in Jamaica until we were ready for college then we would move to the states, but my dad said he can't live in the states without his kids, so we moved. In my opinion, I had better schooling in Jamaica, but I went to a private school and I was also 2 grades ahead of the students here in the states. It was very difficult for me to adjust to school in states. I got bored easily, because they were learning things I had studied 2 years ago.

And what's your opinion if you were not in a private school but a public school?

My cousins went to public schools in different areas of Trelawny, and did very well. Most of them ended up at UWI and then on to other universities here in the states. It depends on the the area I guess. I can only speak for schools in my area of Trelawny and ones that I'm familiar with. There's a website that a friend of mine was looking at that gave reports of the different school in each Parish. Let me see if I can find her number.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello ladies..

my trainee is in orientation so I had to sneak on for a min.. I don't know how I am gonna do this LOL Just don't make me have to be catching up on no 20 pages at a time LOL..

forbes congratulations to u and hubby

wakey sorry about the RFE, but it won't be long..

mrs p and island, RG gets a 10 in the affection area also.. that is why I chose him.. he is down w/ the PDA :D i've never heard the words "i love u" so much :wub:

and honey give it time my love..RG did not know bowcat at first, i didn't mind, I like it when i am the one in control anyway :whistle: but after a while he couldn't wait for the introductions, and wants to see her every chance he gets.. keep the faith my gyal :rofl::rofl:

Timeline
Hello ladies..

my trainee is in orientation so I had to sneak on for a min.. I don't know how I am gonna do this LOL Just don't make me have to be catching up on no 20 pages at a time LOL..

forbes congratulations to u and hubby

wakey sorry about the RFE, but it won't be long..

mrs p and island, RG gets a 10 in the affection area also.. that is why I chose him.. he is down w/ the PDA :D i've never heard the words "i love u" so much :wub:

and honey give it time my love..RG did not know bowcat at first, i didn't mind, I like it when i am the one in control anyway :whistle: but after a while he couldn't wait for the introductions, and wants to see her every chance he gets.. keep the faith my gyal :rofl::rofl:

Mine too. We still hold hands and give love eyes like newlyweds. And, we end each and every phone call and goodbye with I love you. I don't think you can ever tell the people you love that too much!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning y'all :D

Tuesday :dead: Ugh...can we fast forward to Friday?

:yes::lol:

Morning everyone!!

We got another RFE!! This time on the I864 because I didn't complete the optional part 7 showing assets. I didn't think that was necessary if you were over the poverty lines.

Anyway it's just a temporary setback that I hope doesn't affect the EAD. We're going for biometrics tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Wakey

But, I only thought you had to complete that part if your income is below the poverty level.

Ok so this one is my bad - I think- I think in looking through my files I didn't send in the last page with my signature also so there is a page 5 & 6 they sent me to fill out. I don't know why I had to fill out the optional assest part though because we aren't below the poverty level.

Oh well, I filled it out and mailed it..no biggie I pray!! :blink:

:bonk:

Feel better Jonesie! :star:

Thanks Sun :) and I hope we don't see you on VJ for at least a week once your fiance gets here! :devil:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
My cousins went to public schools in different areas of Trelawny, and did very well. Most of them ended up at UWI and then on to other universities here in the states. It depends on the the area I guess. I can only speak for schools in my area of Trelawny and ones that I'm familiar with. There's a website that a friend of mine was looking at that gave reports of the different school in each Parish. Let me see if I can find her number.

That would be perfect if you could give me that website. Thanks!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Thanks Sun :) and I hope we don't see you on VJ for at least a week once your fiance gets here! :devil:

He's probably thinking the samething. He complained the whole time I was in Jamaica on my Blackberry, but yet he sat and watch Kung-Fu movies all friggin day. What do you expect. LMAO :lol:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

He's probably thinking the samething. He complained the whole time I was in Jamaica on my Blackberry, but yet he sat and watch Kung-Fu movies all friggin day. What do you expect. LMAO :lol:

LMAO!!! I was going to say the same thing - our dear Sunny who logged into VJ withing 24 hours of landing in JA?!?!?! We love you and your likkle BB!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

sunny.. i am like u. i try def to give RG my undivided attention cuz we barely see each other.. but the minute we start playing one to many games of ludy (sp) or watch one too many soccer games. I break out the phone LOL

but when ray comes.. I don't think either of u will be worried about anything else

Timeline

Eff those Kung Fu movies and the Blackberry - naah mek di VJ boardie bodda unnu :devil::whistle:

Like Maxwell says - do it till the cops come knockin!

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

jomo..its a wonderful thing, in our day when so many men aren't taught to be affectionate, but instead how to throw around their masculinity..

I love to see older man peck his wife on the lips and holder her hand. That was the driving force behind my separation.. I wanted to be that couple..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.