SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy I can do you one better. How about I got the airport, checked in, went through security, and went to pull $$ from the ATM for my trip only to find that my wallet was at HOME. I was stuck in Jamaica at the Internet Cafe trying to Western Union $$ to myself. Pitiful! Luckily my cabbies accepted checks for the airport transfer ride.

LOL!! That was my fear this last trip - I swear I checked 3 times to make sure I had my debit card with me.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Eeeehhhnnn. Kiss teet. I have you know that I have never used MySpace either. LOL...I never got the point of it...what a bunch of comments from cyberspace? Please explain what the purpose to me...because I was clueless.

That's my thing too. Some of my friends are yelling at me for not checking what they said to me. I'm like....call me and tell me!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy I can do you one better. How about I got the airport, checked in, went through security, and went to pull $$ from the ATM for my trip only to find that my wallet was at HOME. I was stuck in Jamaica at the Internet Cafe trying to Western Union $$ to myself. Pitiful! Luckily my cabbies accepted checks for the airport transfer ride.

Oh you poor thing.

How did it end up?

Had to have baby fadda ex husband Western Union $$ to me. Western Union wouldn't allow the online transfer for some reason. Then, my sis was there and she helped out too. We had already paid for the condo so it was just spending money. This was the same year and trip that we got trapped by Hurricane Ike or Ivan or some punk name. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Yards I remember that fee too...what a joke.

It's included in the ticket prices now, right?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I use myspace more than facebook, and for me, it was mainly a way to keep up with folks from grade school and high school days. Many people that I went to school with have found me this way, and vice versa. For me, it's cool to see what people have been up to on their journeys through life and so on.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anybody still hear from Gill aka forever young? how is she and hubby doing?

Where's Gill????? I see her on Facebook but not on here. :blush:

I miss her. What is Facebook?

jawi...facebook is a social networking site, sorta like myspace. i have a facebook page and myspace page. very addicting!

I don't have either :unsure:

Thank you SJB...I always thought they were some type of site for people to have other people confirm they were popular and well liked. UUUCKKK!

I see people talking about stars pages on Myspace and how they determine if they are still dating so and so by whether so and so is still listed in their friends list. LIKE SO FREAKIN WHAT??? Is that all there is to it? If so, I will NEVER be a member.

I know, my friends tease me. But I don't care. MAYBE I don't people looking for me. I stay in contact with most of my high school friends and people from my 'hood. Whatever...

Timeline

AAHHA..YEA DATS PRETTY FUNNY...mi start pack necessaries from a week b4

Those are funny :rofl:

Does JA still make you pay to leave the country? Mi cyaan rememba. That always pissed me off more time. Mi nah waan fi leave an tuh rub ie inna mi face yuh a go mek mi pay yuh money fi leff :wacko: Yuh mussa mad :angry:

Yeah we still pay it...just built into your airline ticket fees now.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline
I use myspace more than facebook, and for me, it was mainly a way to keep up with folks from grade school and high school days. Many people that I went to school with have found me this way, and vice versa. For me, it's cool to see what people have been up to on their journeys through life and so on.

I use classmates.com for that purpose.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't have either :unsure:

Me either. I have a myspace page someone else made for me but I have never really used it or even checked on it. Same with facebook. I just don't understand the purpose but to each their own.

mi no ave one eida...mi can only be adicted to 1 ting at a time :unsure:

Mi hear dat! Mi cyaan addict to so much tings eidda :lol:

While VJ is my addiction, I have a myspace account which I use mostly to keep up with my family as we are all over the daymn place. It's easier than e-mailing everyone pics of the kids. It's cool.

Timeline
Eeeehhhnnn. Kiss teet. I have you know that I have never used MySpace either. LOL...I never got the point of it...what a bunch of comments from cyberspace? Please explain what the purpose to me...because I was clueless.

That's my thing too. Some of my friends are yelling at me for not checking what they said to me. I'm like....call me and tell me!

AMEN!

The only plus side of myspace/facebook type sites is that you can reconnect with people that you lose contact with or whatnot but people use it for so many more crazy things. To reconnect is awesome but if they are that important build a relationship with them outside of a website. If my memory serves me right on my myspace page I wrote - please email me at such and such an email address cause I know I won't be on there to be checking messages and all that crazy stuff.

Timeline

I use classmates.com for that purpose.

Yeah, but isn't there a fee associated with that? Like some kind of premium membership to get the good info that you want? With myspace it's free...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
He's gonna borrow a phone. The boy can sweet talk a wolf into giving up his feed. :star:

Perfect :thumbs:

I can just see him now...Lita this is not his 1st time traveling right?

Yes it is. First time on plane,out of county, etc.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

LOL!! That was my fear this last trip - I swear I checked 3 times to make sure I had my debit card with me.

I lost my wallet in JA once. On Dancehall night at the Sumfest. Someone had a great time. Luckily, I cancelled my credit cards before someone could use them. And our hotel made a copy of my driver's license when i checked it. Air Jamaica accepted it with no problems.

Timeline

AMEN!

The only plus side of myspace/facebook type sites is that you can reconnect with people that you lose contact with or whatnot but people use it for so many more crazy things. To reconnect is awesome but if they are that important build a relationship with them outside of a website. If my memory serves me right on my myspace page I wrote - please email me at such and such an email address cause I know I won't be on there to be checking messages and all that crazy stuff.

Wow! So my assessment was right? There is no secret hidden page that opens up a underground society after so many hits to your page? You just scroll through and endless list of stars and stripes and little sexy cartoon characters and pictures of people in their bathrooms posing?

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline
He's gonna borrow a phone. The boy can sweet talk a wolf into giving up his feed. :star:

Perfect :thumbs:

I can just see him now...Lita this is not his 1st time traveling right?

Yes it is. First time on plane,out of county, etc.

Lita, did you call the airline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.