SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's no joke, Kimmy. I've been to Chicago in June, July, August, September, and October. It's NEVER been warm when we've been there. People tell me it gets warm there, that they can hang on the beach and swim in the lake.....I don't believe it one bit.

Most of the Catholic schools here are not off on Halloween this year. They are just losing the Holy Day.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know what they are not closed for..i think they r closed more than they r open.. :whistle: dwg gone Catholic schools :lol:

i could never live in Chicago...NEVER!!!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
LOL. Yes it is very open. We sit on the Southside of the stadium which never gets sun. So it is very cold. We wear our snowmobile suits. He got one and went last year in December. He also got long underwear and we alway have those heating packs in our boots and gloves. Yes it gets fridge. I remember it being -9 one game and not feeling my toes and being barley able to walk when the game end. I run to the bathroom just to warm up.

A Sox game in June and it was cold. You would never make it through a fridge Bears games. Is the Ram's Stadium covered?

Would you an Andre ever consider moving up here? Why would you want to live in Chicago? I mean I love it. I miss being in the burbs close to the city.

I am not sure what it is about Chicago that captivates me. It's always been my favorite city. My daughter feels the same way. I was thrilled when we took hubby a few years ago and he felt it too. I prefer around Halsted....Briar.....somewhere that way. I love the big city, small town feel. Awesome public transportation. In reality, I know that it is much more expensive then I could ever deal with. So, I'll settle for the yearly/bi-yearly visit for now.

And, of course, I could never be a Cubs fan! :no::no::no::no::no::no: Couldn't even pretend.

Yes, the Rams play in a dome. I've never even been there yet to see a game. Too expensive. It's nice....really nice. I took my daughter and a neighbor to see N'SYNC there. Beautiful place.

We are going to a hockey game next. One game and hubby's hooked and can't stop talking about it.

Andre whipped out his long underwear yesterday. It's a whopping upper 40's at night. I told him it's going to be a long winter if he's already complaining!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
i wanna volunteer at her school but i have to get this 2girls, husband, work, school schedule down..b4 i commit to anything extra

Trust me I understand. The moms that volunteer at our school are stay at home moms. I dream of the day I can stay at home. That would be so nice. Dreams.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I don't know what they are not closed for..i think they r closed more than they r open.. :whistle: dwg gone Catholic schools :lol:

Why not? I saw many similarities to the D.C. area.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
i wanna volunteer at her school but i have to get this 2girls, husband, work, school schedule down..b4 i commit to anything extra

Trust me I understand. The moms that volunteer at our school are stay at home moms. I dream of the day I can stay at home. That would be so nice. Dreams.

I used to have a job where I could come and go a little more and I did a lot of volunteer work at our school. Those stay at home moms are Nazi's. I swear, I wanted to punch some of them from time to time. Like if you did something different one year, the whole school system would crumble. BTW, Kimmy, it was a Catholic school. Some of those moms are ruthless!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Well, it's time for me to log off. Hubby will be home soon with some dinner.

Thank you for keeping me awake and keeping me company.

See you all tomorrow. Hope you have a good night.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
LOL. Yes it is very open. We sit on the Southside of the stadium which never gets sun. So it is very cold. We wear our snowmobile suits. He got one and went last year in December. He also got long underwear and we alway have those heating packs in our boots and gloves. Yes it gets fridge. I remember it being -9 one game and not feeling my toes and being barley able to walk when the game end. I run to the bathroom just to warm up.

A Sox game in June and it was cold. You would never make it through a fridge Bears games. Is the Ram's Stadium covered?

Would you an Andre ever consider moving up here? Why would you want to live in Chicago? I mean I love it. I miss being in the burbs close to the city.

I am not sure what it is about Chicago that captivates me. It's always been my favorite city. My daughter feels the same way. I was thrilled when we took hubby a few years ago and he felt it too. I prefer around Halsted....Briar.....somewhere that way. I love the big city, small town feel. Awesome public transportation. In reality, I know that it is much more expensive then I could ever deal with. So, I'll settle for the yearly/bi-yearly visit for now.

And, of course, I could never be a Cubs fan! :no::no::no::no::no::no: Couldn't even pretend.

Yes, the Rams play in a dome. I've never even been there yet to see a game. Too expensive. It's nice....really nice. I took my daughter and a neighbor to see N'SYNC there. Beautiful place.

We are going to a hockey game next. One game and hubby's hooked and can't stop talking about it.

Andre whipped out his long underwear yesterday. It's a whopping upper 40's at night. I told him it's going to be a long winter if he's already complaining!

:rofl: at Cubs fan and Andre.

D says it is cold but he is leaving the house with Jaylyn not wrapped in a blanket. He is like she is only outside for a minute. So I went and bought a cover for her car seat today and he was complaining it was to complicated so I unzipped it and said look you don't have to take the cover on and off.

:bonk:

Thank goodness Dad pays for the season tickets the price is outrages. You don't even want to know how much he paid for each seat license and parking. We also have season tickets for the first time this year to the Blackhawk hockey games but Dwain and I am skipping them this year. It is just to much sports for us musicians.

That is awesome that Andre likes hockey. D could care less. I took him to a Ice Hog game (minor legue) he was like it was all right.

Yes Chicago is so expensive to live in. That is why we stay 2 nights around Christmas every year. Halsted is a nice area. I love the Lincoln park area too. How long does it take to get to Chicago from Saint Louis?

Goodnight Jomo!! Have a goodnight with your husband.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Why not? I saw many similarities to the D.C. area.

I can understand I had a cousin move to D.C. and she hated. She finally moved back this year after being gone for 5 years. She only moved to D.C. so she could be up for the Chicago job in a few years. She first started working in Iowa so she moved a couple of times to come back home. So I totally can understand. 2 big cities with a lot of similarities but also a lot of differences.

Goodnight ladies.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

JG>...it is wayy too cold for me...hate the cold don't go out much once it gets cold..so mi tek house color :)..I live in CT

JG..yes those mom's are crazy...i wanna tell them to freakin relax..u know someone told me to go work for the school so my girls can go for free :lol:

Nie..Jaxand JG

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
JG..i love him too..DIRTY DANCING,.1 of my favorites...love his song She's like the wind...

I feel the sameabout my girls names

We watched this in Kingston last weekend. First time Evans seen it...he loved it.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
She was climbing on one of those Nikki exibits and was sliding down to get off and hit her face on it. Kind of funny now that I think about it.

Oh gosh! I used to bust my lip ALL THE TIME when I was younger. Its the running joke in my family. Just this weekend Evan noticed the split line on my bottom lip from one of my many "episodes". i think the busting is the reason why I have big lips, haha. Tel uu duaghter its all good, just means she's gonna have some sexy juicy lips when she gets older, lol!! :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I don't do anything for halloween...Tahlia Godmother insisted on buyin her a flower costume

Flower costume sounds so cute.

Question for peps with school aged kids. Do they still have Halloween parades at your children's schools? I teach at 2 different schools. One does not allow costumes and the other does allow costumes. The one that doesn't allow costumes has a harvest day festival with games.

:no: We have harvest day as well.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
where is everyone this morning

Were getting ready for church. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.