SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SOMetime in april, not quite sure...trying to figure out my kids spring break date.

Okay, I saw some pretty wedding pictures online in Ochi. One day I'll figure out how to post pictures on here.

Talk to you later...we're going to watch movies.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1luv..its no different treat her like yours....she'll take time to come around...Remember, if she acts up or say "mean" things don't play into it..just love her the same way she will come around

i think this is where stepmoms and dads find the trouble b/c they think they have to treat the step kid some kind of different way....

nothing towards u 1luv..just a thought popped in my head...

Have you been around her before?

Clairey..soo sorry..did u think it was gonna happen that way?

You know, Kimmy, when I went to Ja this past May, I kinda saw the signs. things were not the same as they were the last two times I visited him. I had a strange feeling before about our interaction on the phone so that trip was to confirm that. That was one of the reasons i stayed with a friend instead of with him. When I spoke with im it all went bad but i decided to let it play itself out. After he came and visited me, I realized that it was not going to work, so I drew myself away from him and even though I tried to reach out to him seeing that this is an adjustment for him, it faltered.

I have no regrets though. I am cool...better now than later after I have him all up in my space and stuff.

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Ladies I was just here at my desk wonering How did u guys come up with ur screen names.

With me I wanted something to represent Jamaica. And one love was the first thing that came across my mind. I wanted to make it creativ

e so that is why it is 1luv. :dance:

Mine is the nickname I grew up with and I am an RN.. :yes:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Claire..as long as ur heart is happy u will be just fine :thumbs: WAH A FI YUH CYAAN BE FI SMADDY ELSE..AND U KNOW MI SEH BETTA NOW DAN LATA..MUCH LOVE !!!

SUNNY...SHUT YUH MOUT..ONE NEX WAH !!!! I WILL NOT EVEN UTTER THE WORDS... :bonk::bonk:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I still sound like Barry White Sunny....

Call me and sing to me PLEASE!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

Abso....freakin'......lutely. It takes me longer to clean up ALL the dishes he used, and by that I mean, he pretty much uses all our dishes, then for him to actually cook the food. How one man can use 15 forks to cook dinner, I will never understand.

whats weather like in JA in January??

A little less humid and a little less warm; but pretty much the same as any other time of the year in JA.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

We leave stuff on the stove to heat and eat the next day. My mother would die if she knew.....I grew up thinking if you left something out for longer then an hour, you would DIE from eating it.

Reminds me of my hubby. He cleans as he cooks but we keep getting fruit flies and ants in the kitchen because he won't put stuff in the refrigerator! We have on the counter on a given day scot bonnet peppers, onions, oranges, apples, pears etc. Every night I keep going down putting it up and next day after he cooks he has put it back on the counter or window sill. Mi ago mad :rofl:

Typical JAMAICAN KITCHEN...haaaaaaaaaaaa that is so funny. :rofl: .... I told Marcel not to do that when he got here, but he likes to leave food on the stove then heat it up in the morning and eat it for breakfast. I'm use to doing that, so it doesn't bother me. Wakey, that's funny though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't think you are being selfish, Portland - That is a huge decision to make - the adjustment period is hard enough - having a newborn would only make it harder -

The adjustment period can be very hard for some. I agree, adding a newborn into the mix would add a lot of stress and even more change. I don't think it is selfish or mean. I think it is a wise decision to let him get settled and used to things first if you can.

I could not agree more.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
SHE'S HERE..BORN 11:58....

Congrats, JALOVE. Enjoy now and forget all about the before.

Thanks, Kimmy.

SHE'S HERE..BORN 11:58....

finally!!! a true gal!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Also- dont think Lita will mind if I tell you...

[/size]EVAN GOT THE VISA FROM AIRPAK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS LITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Shrewdie & Evan! Glad he's making progress down there. :thumbs:

Congrats to Lita too!

Shrewdie, did you beat up Marlita and take away Evan?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yards mi no know...I was tease for my name.

Why? Your name is beautiful.

Yards mi no know...I was tease for my name.

That is my biggest fear. I would hate to have my child teased endlessly for their name. Childhood/life is hard enough.

I spent months thinking up my kid's names. I hate nicknames. I didn't want them to rhyme with anything crazy, especially any sex organs. I wanted them to be appropriate for a baby, a child, and later into old age. I really thought about them.

In the end, I picked them out of Patrick Swayze movies. Love that guy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I just heard breaking news that Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were found murdered. WOW

WHAT!!!

Quana..nope i sure don't have my SS card changed..mi nah bodda..wateva a just one name it no mek mi more or less his wife...dem rass..

Kashi has been on my car insurance since we got married..I have to check what happens now since he just got his license

If it is on the same car, you are only insuring the car not really the driver, so it should not go up. Ours hasn't since we added Andre as a driver almost 2 years ago now. If you get another car, it will definately go up.

Even though ur married ur still UR MAIDEN name until u change it...if it's the same u'll be related :)

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG..i love him too..DIRTY DANCING,.1 of my favorites...love his song She's like the wind...

I feel the sameabout my girls names

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Oh, girls.....I had the best day off yesterday. We slept in. After 2 horrible trips to the DMV, we left with a temp. driver's license and Andre cussing his fool head off. It is true, every time we go there, we end up having to go back for some reason or another. I'm really not looking forward to going back next year to get another driver's license when he gets the 10 year GC. Stupid state of Missouri!

Then, we hit Marshalls, Old Navy, and a thrift store and did some bargain shopping. We got a whole mess of winter clothes for not much money. It was fun. We had some Chinese to cap off the day. It was nice since we work too much and opposite hours and dont' see enough of each other.

Today, I worked Lush's Halloween Party. I was the cooliest hippie. Got wierd looks when walking through the mall; but I didn't care. It was really fun.

Oh, and I mailed off Andre's passport renewal. If it goes well, I'll post how I did for anyone who might have to do it in the future.

While I was waiting in this long line, with one clerk, my friend, Marla, dumped my whole gigantic soda on the floor...the counter....the scale. I felt so bad for her. Everyone stared at her and the clerk gave her the evil eye, even while she was mopping it all up.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi (F) Hope you feel better soon.

Nanny - baby is soooooo cute :wub:

Yardie - next time tell A to come pick up Damien for the Wii party. This man needs a hobby :jest:

Sunny - Damien thought Ray was coming last night :wacko: Are u ready?

Tell him I wish....lol Still cleaning and making room. LMAO

Island I have no idea why I was up so late. lol I guess I was just bored.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.