Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah mon.. especially when u shouldn't have had to.. u gonna be taking off from work and ur boss gonna be like "u couldn't do all that on ur maternity leave" LOL

LOL..

i used to work a 4 day work week and the idea to management was that u handle all ur business on that day and don't have to take off right?? HMMM they don't know me and my bad mind.. I was still having dr appts and things on the other days.. my off day is my off day!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

its crazy Quana i never changed my name on my DL cuz DMV gave me a hard time saying that they couldn't accept my MC i needed another form of ID...but my passport has my husbands name they accepted the MC..so i'm walkin around with 2 dif IDs not good!..don't get it..this was NY...

Yes..only my income...he had no income from JA..i think if ur SO does have income from JA u have to add it to it..mi no sure

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
so u have ur husband's name, but only ur income since he is in JA

Didn't put my husband name on my taxes at all...hopefully that won't screw me over.... :unsure::unsure:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Hey Yall!

WE GOT THE VISA IN HAND!!

I cant believe it was soo fast!! I told Evan way before we got the interview that he would be here by Halloween and now it came tru, and he will be here for his bday. I am so joyed and FREAKED OUT!! This is the real deal. I am really married, haha. I cant wait for the weekend. I was able to get time off work next week too in short notice. It pays to keep the boss man informed on this situation, cuase they all have been cheering me on.

I am so excited you guys. I need to go find a plane ticket now.

I am soooo excited for you. It sounds like you are doing the happy dance! :P

warm welcomes to Jalove's baby girl :yes:

love.jpg

Timeline

u have 3 yrs to amend ur taxes..cause i didn't have him on my 2006 return... i could refile to include him to see if it makes a dif in our return..but mi no ave time fi dat

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
its crazy Quana i never changed my name on my DL cuz DMV gave me a hard time saying that they couldn't accept my MC i needed another form of ID...but my passport has my husbands name they accepted the MC..so i'm walkin around with 2 dif IDs not good!..don't get it..this was NY...

Yes..only my income...he had no income from JA..i think if ur SO does have income from JA u have to add it to it..mi no sure

So how can you change your name with a JA marriage certificate...Does anyone know what i should do first...

US Embassy:

Timeline
jgay..dats the same thing i said thats why i don't even bother..NY is a mess

I just remembered something...on my marriage certificate it shows my last name should they have put my first name with my husband last name???

US Embassy:

Timeline
jgay..dats the same thing i said thats why i don't even bother..NY is a mess

I just remembered something...on my marriage certificate it shows my last name should they have put my first name with my husband last name???

on my us marriage cert.. it has my maiden name..its assumed that u took on ur husband's name I think.. or at least that is how we look at in the ssa ofc..

kimmy on ur DL, they wouldn't accept ur ssn card?? or u didn't have that changed yet??

Timeline

So how can you change your name with a JA marriage certificate...Does anyone know what i should do first...

the DMV in Texas will accept ur ss card for ID..so u go change ur ss card w/ ur MC and then when u get the ss card change the DL

Filed: Timeline

Received another AP today. Don't know why...it looks just like the other one we got back in August.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline
Received another AP today. Don't know why...it looks just like the other one we got back in August.

whats an AP??

Tre how is Marcel doing, found any favorite things to do??

He's fine. It's the travel document. They gave us an expideted one when his mom passed in August. For some reason they sent another one today.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

whats an AP??

Tre how is Marcel doing, found any favorite things to do??

He's fine. It's the travel document. They gave us an expideted one when his mom passed in August. For some reason they sent another one today.

oh ok.. i thought that was it, but like u said i knew u filed that already..

its cold here ya'll, i told ya'll i don't like these kinds of temps.. i already have a horrible cold. March hurry up and come please.. :crying:

honey u said u already booked ur ticket for jan..when my bday is the 12, it would be a nice present to take me w/ u?? :whistle:

I am out ladies.. have a wonderful weekend.. I start training a new employee again Monday so I will be MIA.. i will miss mi yaad sistren!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.