SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Jalove!!! :thumbs:

Congrats lita and Evan!! :dance:

So much to celebrate, I think I should go out for drinks tonight!!!

its not mean at all Portland.. I think that would have been an adjustment of gigantic proportions.. cuz she is a BABY right?? Girl no, u shouldn't feel no way about that, HECK i wish I could get rid of my own kids for awhile when RG comes.. :blush:

Yeah, she just turn 5months last week... Yeah, I feel bad for him, cause he wont get to see her again until he gets his greencard, so he has been trying to spend more time with her, but he said he is ok with it, and her mom will let her spend the summers with us when she gets older.

But now he is killing me with all the baby talk, of when we think we will be ready to have one, I told him in about 4-years. Until then I have to double up on my BC, can't afford no slip ups.

Sus- I just had an interview for a position in Stamford, do you live around that area?

I questioned this before - is the embassy more lenient to give vistors visas to children with parents who live here, so that they can spend summers with their other parent?

When are you rescheduled for, Island?

:unsure: I'm scared to say :unsure: Don't want to jinx myself!!! The 21st.

On November? that's our date too... I think I am going to fly down on the 20th..

Bring a mask that looks just like me so that you can fill in for me, please!!

Island, I can try and see if it works!!!

Hey Portland, were your born in Jamaica?

Yep... Born on my grams bed in St Thomas the day before my uncle's wedding, everyone was in the house! and lived there for 5years and in Kingston for 6years!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Haaaaaaaa Portland, I too was born on grandmother's bed. I left Jamaica when I was 10, but been home every year since then. I've moved back several times. It was just hard for me to be away from my parents and siblings, so in 1998 I decided to keep my tail in the states.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Haaaaaaaa Portland, I too was born on grandmother's bed. I left Jamaica when I was 10, but been home every year since then. I've moved back several times. It was just hard for me to be away from my parents and siblings, so in 1998 I decided to keep my tail in the states.

Lol!!! yah, my mom was trying to hold me in until after the wedding, to this day she still feels I am spolied always have to have things my way since birth!

My mom always lived here since I was 10months so, I lived with my grams then my aunt until she got herself together here! And most of my family lives in the states or atleast have visa to visit so I only went out once since I left. If I hadn't gone in Feburary July would have made 10 years since my last visit, and I already made 3 trips out there this year, I would only move back because of Anthony.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
alright ladies.. my name is CHAQUANA.. I know.. but I like it..didn't get teased too bad...

okay working for SSA I have seen some crazy things..

one this lady said she was tired of people mispronouncing her child's name..

it was spelled Le-a

could it be lea, laya, maybe just lee..

no ma'am it was ledasha.. she said the dash is not silent...

okay this other guy, couldn't blame it on his parents..

he had changed his name as an adult to..ready..

Shawn Shan Sean

Ladies, he was at my window and I was like this dyam fool!! they outta not let just anybody be eligible to change their name.. he looked normal enough, but he was obviously one of honey's patients.

That was funny has hell. OMG, I cn't catch my breath.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yall!

WE GOT THE VISA IN HAND!!

I cant believe it was soo fast!! I told Evan way before we got the interview that he would be here by Halloween and now it came tru, and he will be here for his bday. I am so joyed and FREAKED OUT!! This is the real deal. I am really married, haha. I cant wait for the weekend. I was able to get time off work next week too in short notice. It pays to keep the boss man informed on this situation, cuase they all have been cheering me on.

I am so excited you guys. I need to go find a plane ticket now.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hey Yall!

WE GOT THE VISA IN HAND!!

I cant believe it was soo fast!! I told Evan way before we got the interview that he would be here by Halloween and now it came tru, and he will be here for his bday. I am so joyed and FREAKED OUT!! This is the real deal. I am really married, haha. I cant wait for the weekend. I was able to get time off work next week too in short notice. It pays to keep the boss man informed on this situation, cuase they all have been cheering me on.

I am so excited you guys. I need to go find a plane ticket now.

And we are just as excited as you are. Get that ticket quick so you can enjoy coming home to your hubby. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl A HOT MESS!!!!

we always trying to be different and our kids suffer..i told ya'll my youngest comes in EVERY OTHER day mad cuz people keep spelling her name Stephanie when it doesn't have an "e".

I tell her, that is mama fault baby...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quana..maybe u can tellm iwhy mi no get Tahlia SS card yet...its been 7wks... :angry: i need to add her to Kash's insurance

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Quana..maybe u can tellm iwhy mi no get Tahlia SS card yet...its been 7wks... :angry: i need to add her to Kash's insurance

my gyal what state u live in?? most states only take 4 weeks..the only state that "supposed" to take longer than 7 weeks is IL, LA and NV. The next step UNFORTUNATELY would be to go into the SSA ofc w/ Tahlia's bc and shot record and ur driver's license SORRY..

People hate when they don't get it automatically but it happens alot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I can't wait to post

Ray and Michelle welcomes bouncing baby girls Rialynn and Michelynn

:rofl:

#######!!!!! :angry: Now Lawns today you done lost your mind for real..... :bonk::bonk: Michelynn sounds like the tire company. Wait until I tell him what you said. Your in some real BIG trouble.

LMAO :rofl:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: Timeline

my gyal what state u live in?? most states only take 4 weeks..the only state that "supposed" to take longer than 7 weeks is IL, LA and NV. The next step UNFORTUNATELY would be to go into the SSA ofc w/ Tahlia's bc and shot record and ur driver's license SORRY..

I got my son's SSN card in the mail when he was 2 weeks old. I only had 30 days to add him to my insurance.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SHE'S HERE..BORN 11:58....

finally!!! a true gal!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Also- dont think Lita will mind if I tell you...

[/size]EVAN GOT THE VISA FROM AIRPAK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS LITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Shrewdie & Evan! Glad he's making progress down there. :thumbs:

Congrats to Lita too!

um.... me and evan?

what?

haha I was just posting for Lita that she told me that EVAN got his visa

Im still stuck in NVC

Shrewdie, you know i messed up my post! LOLLLLL

Oops.....I thought I typed Lita and Evan up there then you. :bonk:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

I got my son's SSN card in the mail when he was 2 weeks old. I only had 30 days to add him to my insurance.

yeah tx only takes 2 weeks too.. every state is different but for some reason some people don't get it in the mail automatically.. no explanation ?????

but kimmy i guarantee she has a number by now.. u could wait a lil while longer, but u might have to go to the ofc.. they can give it to you right there..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.