SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

With the family issues, my mom is really good about RG, I think she is just glad that I am w/ someone that is VERY different than my ex.. The first time i went to go see him, she was saying all this stuff about wanting his address, his picture in case he did something to me blah blah blah.. i told her "do u wanna talk to him so u can feel more comfortable?" she said "NO!" and I handed him the phone!!! LOL

he said "hey mama" :rofl::rofl: she was telling him he better take care of me and everyting.

when I was gonna marry my husband.. she was MAADDD.. (he is a usc) she scoffed at my engagement ring and during a family dinner told me that i was just gonna end up divorcing in a couple of years in front of everybody.. I smiled and kept eating my food..

I planned my wedding down to the T w/ no help from anyone but I am not sure if I would have wanted help either way.. I don't want everybody's opinion about my wedding I knew what i wanted and didn't need nobody's dream overlaying mine. she came to the wedding and during our marriage treated my ex fine I guess, wasn't rude or anything.

Now that we are divorcing she doesnt even rub it in my face.. and honestly she can't. I made my decision. I had a good marriage for what its worth, the break up is just a mess..

Like everybody says, we have to be who we are and love who we love, approval and support is good to have but def not a necessity. Many blessings to all u ladies that u get what u want from your families..

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

yaadie!!!! good to see u? when ya gwann need to use dat 1st response, 1st yr anniversary jus pass right??? lets start making some babies!!

Portland? isn't ur SO's daughter (maybe) coming too?? (or maybe that was someone else) Will anybody wonder about that??

JA.. good vibes babygirl.. my cervix had the same issues and I let hubby hit it as much as he wanted, big as a house and all LOL..

1st one.. had to get cut..

2nd one, my cervix actually closed a few cm (so they say) and ended up getting a c section..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yaadie!!!! good to see u? when ya gwann need to use dat 1st response, 1st yr anniversary jus pass right??? lets start making some babies!!

Portland? isn't ur SO's daughter (maybe) coming too?? (or maybe that was someone else) Will anybody wonder about that??

JA.. good vibes babygirl.. my cervix had the same issues and I let hubby hit it as much as he wanted, big as a house and all LOL..

1st one.. had to get cut..

2nd one, my cervix actually closed a few cm (so they say) and ended up getting a c section..

No, she is not coming, I am a bit relieved (I love her as if she was my own, but I really wasn't ready for that role so quickly, plus I really wanted him so myself, at least for the first few months, is that mean?). But maybe in 2010, we will bring it back up before the 1 year expires.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

its not mean at all Portland.. I think that would have been an adjustment of gigantic proportions.. cuz she is a BABY right?? Girl no, u shouldn't feel no way about that, HECK i wish I could get rid of my own kids for awhile when RG comes.. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

3 year anniversary :blush::whistle: Don't you start in on us either! We get enough of it from family :lol: Mi a go let God do him ting...if ie happen ie happen...mi nah trouble it :lol:

Timeline

3 year anniversary :blush::whistle: Don't you start in on us either! We get enough of it from family :lol: Mi a go let God do him ting...if ie happen ie happen...mi nah trouble it :lol:

oh I'm sorry sweetie.. i guess u sound so in love, i thought it was the 1st :whistle:

Let God do him ting?? :blink: my gyal so u sey, if God really wan we fi breed, den Him override the BC and all!! Kind of like an immaculate conception or sump'n..

:rofl::rofl:

gone and do mi yaads :bonk: mi lef u alone now!!! :rofl:

Timeline
I don't think you are being selfish, Portland - That is a huge decision to make - the adjustment period is hard enough - having a newborn would only make it harder -

The adjustment period can be very hard for some. I agree, adding a newborn into the mix would add a lot of stress and even more change. I don't think it is selfish or mean. I think it is a wise decision to let him get settled and used to things first if you can.

Timeline
oh I'm sorry sweetie.. i guess u sound so in love, i thought it was the 1st :whistle:

Let God do him ting?? :blink: my gyal so u sey, if God really wan we fi breed, den Him override the BC and all!! Kind of like an immaculate conception or sump'n..

:rofl::rofl:

gone and do mi yaads :bonk: mi lef u alone now!!! :rofl:

:lol: Mi nah do yuh nuttin...dis time ;)

Mi hear nuff stories wey God "override" BC - so many people breed when dem tek dey pill or use condom. Mi glad dat nah appen tuh mi...mi cyaan imagine dat :blink:

Timeline

:ot:

I throw this out there in case you or someone you know runs into the same thing: I have been stressing thinking we were going to have to do the medicals all over again because they want them done 2 weeks before the interview. I just got an e-mail from the embassy and they say that as long as the medicals are done within one year of the interview, they are good.

Pheww......

:ot2:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
its not mean at all Portland.. I think that would have been an adjustment of gigantic proportions.. cuz she is a BABY right?? Girl no, u shouldn't feel no way about that, HECK i wish I could get rid of my own kids for awhile when RG comes.. :blush:

Yeah, she just turn 5months last week... Yeah, I feel bad for him, cause he wont get to see her again until he gets his greencard, so he has been trying to spend more time with her, but he said he is ok with it, and her mom will let her spend the summers with us when she gets older.

But now he is killing me with all the baby talk, of when we think we will be ready to have one, I told him in about 4-years. Until then I have to double up on my BC, can't afford no slip ups.

Sus- I just had an interview for a position in Stamford, do you live around that area?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Yeah, she just turn 5months last week... Yeah, I feel bad for him, cause he wont get to see her again until he gets his greencard, so he has been trying to spend more time with her, but he said he is ok with it, and her mom will let her spend the summers with us when she gets older.

But now he is killing me with all the baby talk, of when we think we will be ready to have one, I told him in about 4-years. Until then I have to double up on my BC, can't afford no slip ups.

Sus- I just had an interview for a position in Stamford, do you live around that area?

i was going to say that too Portland.. although a relief for u, it has to be heartwrenching for HIM. Probably also why he is on baby mode right now.. he needs something to fill that gap.. MAN many blessing luv.. I know u guys will get through it OK

Timeline

I used to live in Stamford, but am in Fairfield at the moment -wanting to move back - I work in Stamford, though - PM me if you need info - I was born here -

Also, it's not necessarily until he gets his greencard - once you marry you can apply for AP and he can travel -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.