SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

Reminds me of my hubby. He cleans as he cooks but we keep getting fruit flies and ants in the kitchen because he won't put stuff in the refrigerator! We have on the counter on a given day scot bonnet peppers, onions, oranges, apples, pears etc. Every night I keep going down putting it up and next day after he cooks he has put it back on the counter or window sill. Mi ago mad :rofl:

oh yeah..im right there too!

lol. I keep telling him I never had ants and bugs before and his response is something like..."baby dat no matta dem ants come ei cause de weather turn cold like di north pole.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

RG's aunt had all kind of vegetables laying out in her kitchen too LOL ALL THE TIME

i had never seen that EXCEPT w/ my sister's boyfriend who is a black american.. That would get on my nerves, but since I didn't cook u didn't hear a word out of me LOL

Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

Reminds me of my hubby. He cleans as he cooks but we keep getting fruit flies and ants in the kitchen because he won't put stuff in the refrigerator! We have on the counter on a given day scot bonnet peppers, onions, oranges, apples, pears etc. Every night I keep going down putting it up and next day after he cooks he has put it back on the counter or window sill. Mi ago mad :rofl:

Typical JAMAICAN KITCHEN...haaaaaaaaaaaa that is so funny. :rofl: .... I told Marcel not to do that when he got here, but he likes to leave food on the stove then heat it up in the morning and eat it for breakfast. I'm use to doing that, so it doesn't bother me. Wakey, that's funny though.

Oh yeah I forgot about the food left on the stove.. I have a nightly clean up the kitchen ritual putting up stuff but someone how I wake up and magic must have put something back on the counter. :rofl: I love that man he is keeping me on my toes. At least I don't cook much. I told him I survived on raisin bran and scrambled eggs before. I ate out a lot.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If i come thru this un pickneyed, i swear im going and invest in some type of BC, it just makes me fatter than what i already am, but obviously condoms arent working out for me, maybe too much time between visits...LOL

Timeline
Lita;

Typical JAMAICAN KITCHEN...haaaaaaaaaaaa that is so funny. :rofl: .... I told Marcel not to do that when he got here, but he likes to leave food on the stove then heat it up in the morning and eat it for breakfast. I'm use to doing that, so it doesn't bother me. Wakey, that's funny though.

Oh yeah I forgot about the food left on the stove.. I have a nightly clean up the kitchen ritual putting up stuff but someone how I wake up and magic must have put something back on the counter. :rofl: I love that man he is keeping me on my toes. At least I don't cook much. I told him I survived on raisin bran and scrambled eggs before. I ate out a lot.

LMAO - DJ does that as well with the food on the stove - I cooked chicken caccitore one trip - we went to bed and I woke up in the am, it was back out on the stove - he woke up in the middle of the night and was hungry :rofl:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Ray does this to. I was ready to throw the rice in the trash and they next morning he mixed it with the chiken and warmed it on the stove. lol That's to funny.

Must be SUNNY or HONEY or ....who lef...not I, I wasn't in JA.

Definitely not me - as confirmed by nature twice since I have been home :thumbs::dance:

it's not me. Mine only comes 3 times a year.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I cooked pancakes and bacon one morning. Well, he came in and out the kitchen eating the bacon until there was only two slices left. I was like why are yu eating all the food before everything is ready. He said what am I suppose to do if I'm hungry. :wacko: Then he complains if I cook too much bacon. What is a woman to do. I went back in the fridge and cooked the rest.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
lol. I keep telling him I never had ants and bugs before and his response is something like..."baby dat no matta dem ants come ei cause de weather turn cold like di north pole.

He hasn't seen anything yet!! :rofl:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I cooked pancakes and bacon one morning. Well, he came in and out the kitchen eating the bacon until there was only two slices left. I was like why are yu eating all the food before everything is ready. He said what am I suppose to do if I'm hungry. :wacko: Then he complains if I cook too much bacon. What is a woman to do. I went back in the fridge and cooked the rest.

He sounds like my son - I have to hide it while I am cooking it otherwise he will eat a pound himself before he even sits down to the table!!! Boys and their bacon --- ick.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning :dance: TGIF!!!

Anyone got any good weekend plans?

Sunny - love the siggy :D

Claire (L)

Wakey - hope things get better with your mom and Dwayne.

JALove - lawd mi cyaan believe yuh nah have deh pickney already. Good labor vibes heading your way!

Timeline

Looking over the past post with everyone about their family and their relationship, I feel bless in someone ways that people who matters to me accepted my relationship with Anthony so openly. I really thought my mom was going to give me a hard time but she didn't, she just told me whatever makes me happy she will support me. If funny thing is she meant Anthony before I did, and my aunt introduce him to her as her son-in-law before we even started dating. I don't why she did that but it is coming to past. I hope my mom attitude does not change towards him she is hoping to convince him to move to texas so I will be closer.

But to be honest I haven't told my friends about the hold K1 stuff, we have only told our parents and my aunt and he told two of his friends. I told my friends that he maybe getting a visa to come here never went into any details other than that. I wonder what they are going to say when he doesn't go home....

But we do not plan on telling anyone we got married beside the people who matter. Everyone else will believe the wedding that we are planning in 2010 will actually be when we are getting married. I would have gotten married next year and done the CR1 but I told him I can't do it, if we get marrid and I cant wake up to you everyday then I don't want to get married. I really respect everyone that did it that is going thru it, but I know for myself I would have gone mad.

We were planning on going with the committment ceremony in JA in May but the K1 went thru faster than we expected, so once he gets here I figure we have to wait for the GC before we can go back to JA and have our real wedding celebration.

Honey- I do have a list of a few places that we were looking at getting married in Ochi.. I'll see if i find the list.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.