6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
morning ladies

feel better lawny

sunny, how goes it?

mi belly still isnt right, cant quite describe the feeling, just not right :no:

Hey girlie,

Nope, mine is not right yet dammit! I just ate a donut to.. Ugh!

Screen name...........

Trelawny, where I was born...Trelawny, Jamaica parish know for good yams and good sensi.

Do I even need to explain my screen name. It's speaks for itself. lol Although it could be RainyJa. I name on another site is jamaicasun21 so I kept the 21, but it has no meaning.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SJB, im thinking in april when my kids go on spring break....LOL... dont know where yet??

Lita, i gotta sit down with my mom again, and talk to her and have dwayne call her again so she can continue to see we are serious, she is getting up in age and talks to her great aunt who is in her 80's everyday she tells me aunt ann said such and such about them jamaicans and how they love american women and blah blah blah... i know she doesnt know any better and my mom is getting better with me semi educating her on the process but it still gets old and sometimes i just keep how things are progressing to my self, i share primarily with you all on VJ.

Lita next week is D day so i will give myself a five day window after the proposed date and if no happs then i will take that test. I tend to be sick early on in both of my pregnancies so im kinda sorta worried,,,,LOL...

but having a pickney wouldnt be the worst thing in the world... i guess

Aw Honey and D a breed!! :dance: haha, j/k.

yes keep talking to your mom about D. My fam and dad had those same "stereotypes" too. But hinestly its not all stereotype. Its true. There are a number of these men that use women and vice versa. I dont think you need to talk to the fam abou that, but you need to just educate yourself on those things that try to make sure you are not in one of those situations. Other than that just keep it moving. Its just a LDR, not the end of the world. I dont romanticise this situation either. Its a relationship like any other.We have good and bad times. very bad times sometimes, and we work it thru best we can. We also have great times. Its just that he happens to be born somewhere different from me. My husband assimmilates to my Black American culture just as much as I to his Jamaican culture and thats how we meet in the middle. I may be in love with Jamaica, but I am also in love with my own culture too.

My mom was a bit concerned when I first told her. She thought I was just talk until she found out I really filed the paperwork. Then she said Shell, do whatever you want to do. She said I love you and only want the best for you. She said as long as he respects you she's fine. She knew I was going down for the interview and wished me goodluck, but when I told her Ray would be here next week is when it really set in. She said "Next Week" LMAO. Now a few mins ago her best friend called me from my moms house and said I hear your jumping the broom and wished me luck. Mom is probably more excited than I am now. lol My sister is looking forward to meeting Ray because they both are movie crazy.... Looks like they will be going without me because I hate going to the movies. My brother asked if he was bringing any goats with him to the USA. LMAO He'll be just fine. I am blessed with a wonderful family overall.

I am so excited for you!!!!!! I cant wait till I am in yoru shoes wiating for my hubby to come!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
I PICKED HONEYCHILD, CAUSE I COULDNT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE...FOR MY SCREEN NAME...LOL

i picked shrewdgal

because shrewd means discerning and well...im a gal!

hahahah

I choose Awakening years ago after a relationship ended and I woke up and realized I deserved better.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
WHAT IF ALL OF YOU LADIES ARE PREGNANT :whistle::whistle:

:rofl::rofl::hehe:

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Good Morning yall! The boss lady is out today :dance: so i get to relax and work at my own pace, and they even throw us a bone and made business casual year round instead of only in the summer!!

So it going to be a good Friday!!!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Timeline
WHAT IF ALL OF YOU LADIES ARE PREGNANT :whistle::whistle:

:rofl::rofl::hehe:

Must be SUNNY or HONEY or ....who lef...not I, I wasn't in JA.

Hey Honey; I don't think you have dengue fever, trust me you would not be able to get up and do anything. Girl, maybe a seed has been planted...what a stress.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
See Evan can cook, he even had a receipe he made for Jerk Chicken and had a chicken cart on the road side he had some dude sell for him. But he's just very gender role specific. Very old school, and its caused a few arguments cause its much more traditional than i am used to. most men I know dont care who cooks so long as somebody can eat. Cause most women here work like a 10 hour day take care of the kids and house and themselves that sometimes cooking is hard to have time for. i think he's used to woman who do nothing all day but sit around the yard and of course have hours on end to cook and clean and cater to them. It just seems I have no hours in the day for all that stuff sometimes. I give my mom mad respect cause she cooked EVERYDAY for us when i gre up. I have no idea how she had the time for it all.

lita my husband was like this.. I couldn't complain much though cuz his mom worked and came home and cooked EVERYDAY.. The only reason he started washing clothes is because w/ me and the girls I didn't have to wash as often cuz we have tons of clothes LOL so he would have to wash every once and a while.. I can't remember him ever washing dishes. It was ok though cuz I never really grew up w/ a man in the house so all that stuff was stuff I had to do anyway.. I never had a change of mindset when I got married.. Second time around, will be different. RG believes in sharing most of the duties. YAYYYY

Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

Reminds me of my hubby. He cleans as he cooks but we keep getting fruit flies and ants in the kitchen because he won't put stuff in the refrigerator! We have on the counter on a given day scot bonnet peppers, onions, oranges, apples, pears etc. Every night I keep going down putting it up and next day after he cooks he has put it back on the counter or window sill. Mi ago mad :rofl:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
See Evan can cook, he even had a receipe he made for Jerk Chicken and had a chicken cart on the road side he had some dude sell for him. But he's just very gender role specific. Very old school, and its caused a few arguments cause its much more traditional than i am used to. most men I know dont care who cooks so long as somebody can eat. Cause most women here work like a 10 hour day take care of the kids and house and themselves that sometimes cooking is hard to have time for. i think he's used to woman who do nothing all day but sit around the yard and of course have hours on end to cook and clean and cater to them. It just seems I have no hours in the day for all that stuff sometimes. I give my mom mad respect cause she cooked EVERYDAY for us when i gre up. I have no idea how she had the time for it all.

lita my husband was like this.. I couldn't complain much though cuz his mom worked and came home and cooked EVERYDAY.. The only reason he started washing clothes is because w/ me and the girls I didn't have to wash as often cuz we have tons of clothes LOL so he would have to wash every once and a while.. I can't remember him ever washing dishes. It was ok though cuz I never really grew up w/ a man in the house so all that stuff was stuff I had to do anyway.. I never had a change of mindset when I got married.. Second time around, will be different. RG believes in sharing most of the duties. YAYYYY

So Marlita are you prepared to cook all the meals? Have you been practicing different recipes?

I didn't think I would ever be able to get a pot of rice and peas cooked just the right way Dwayne had to show me when he came up. But now..whoo chile make me wanna jump back and kiss myself.

I wanna try these fritters JG is talking about. Dwayne hasn't made them yet but they sound delicious.

Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

good thing..because if your jamaican man is like mine he makes a NASTY mess when he cooks

Reminds me of my hubby. He cleans as he cooks but we keep getting fruit flies and ants in the kitchen because he won't put stuff in the refrigerator! We have on the counter on a given day scot bonnet peppers, onions, oranges, apples, pears etc. Every night I keep going down putting it up and next day after he cooks he has put it back on the counter or window sill. Mi ago mad :rofl:

oh yeah..im right there too!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Timeline
Lita;

Typical JAMAICAN KITCHEN...haaaaaaaaaaaa that is so funny. :rofl: .... I told Marcel not to do that when he got here, but he likes to leave food on the stove then heat it up in the morning and eat it for breakfast. I'm use to doing that, so it doesn't bother me. Wakey, that's funny though.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.