SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My mom was a bit concerned when I first told her. She thought I was just talk until she found out I really filed the paperwork. Then she said Shell, do whatever you want to do. She said I love you and only want the best for you. She said as long as he respects you she's fine. She knew I was going down for the interview and wished me goodluck, but when I told her Ray would be here next week is when it really set in. She said "Next Week" LMAO. Now a few mins ago her best friend called me from my moms house and said I hear your jumping the broom and wished me luck. Mom is probably more excited than I am now. lol My sister is looking forward to meeting Ray because they both are movie crazy.... Looks like they will be going without me because I hate going to the movies. My brother asked if he was bringing any goats with him to the USA. LMAO He'll be just fine. I am blessed with a wonderful family overall.

:rofl::rofl::bonk:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Shem.how's baby girl?

Good. Have to take her to the doctor tomorrow morning. Thanks for asking.

It's funny cuz she wasn't limping when I picked her up from school. Walking next to a boy with crutches in her hands :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WHAT IF ALL OF YOU LADIES ARE PREGNANT :whistle::whistle:

Nells, you smoking crack. :bonk:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
I was just reading the conversation ya'll put up about family and how they took the news of your up coming nuptials.

I know it sounds terrible but she honestly doesn't appear to be happy that I'm married. I think my mom liked the thought of Dwayne when he wasn't here. Their initial meeting was an ok one. We went to her house and Dwayne trimmed hedges, bushes, cut grass, fixed a step, changed light bulbs, and fried fish at her house. The second trip was during wedding shopping and I noticed a change - no clue why other than we were happy and kissing and holding hands. A few weeks ago she called and he answered and said, "hey mom everything good?" When I got on the phone she said, "I wish you would just answer the phone when I call cause I can't understand a d&mn thing he is saying!" Just rude and facety

I hate that but it's her choice to miss out on this exciting time in my life. She is loner and only allows her kids to get close to her so now she is seeing it as some sort betryal. A part of her is happy for me and the other part misses having me all to herself

She said to me a few weeks ago that the bible says cleve to your husband but you have to be careful that you don't forget your REAL family.

It hurts him and that makes it hurt me. Not all all families come around fast but I'm praying that this situation will get better. AND if it don't ohh well I just have to keep it moving as you all have said.

Wakey, could there be some other stressor in your mom's life that is creating add'l problems? Have you tried being honest with her about noticing a change in her demeanor? I know what it feels like to hurt because your husband hurts. I hope things work out.

yeah I've tried without sucssess I know time it will pass and it will get better

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I love to clean the house and I love doing laundry. I also love a clean bathroom...maybe something is wrong with me. A few weeks ago my mom's friend got ill and well, her husband is what they call "old school stubborn jamaican man".... he does absolutely NOTHING. She works as an RN and he's an electrician. Anyway, I went over their to clean their house took me 6 hours...house wasn't bad, but the man just sat there and looked at me the entire time. If I was out of his sight, he would stand where he could see me...you know this fool had the NERVE to ask mi "WAH FI DINNAH"....I told him, tide, bleach, ammonia and one sponge. I'm no longer welcome over there. He tell the church people dem seh mi FACTEY

:rofl:

Night everyone. I think all the talk of flu has gotten to me. I'm sitting here fighting sleep from the meds. Dwayne just rubbed me down in alcohol and put a skull cap on me. :star:

Oh no! You're sick too?? Hope this is going flying through the web. Feel better Wakey.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
kimmy tell her i asked about her... okay

:thumbs:

stock up on 1st response girls.. :whistle:

goodnight everone

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so oonuh waan hear a joke..

at my old job we did a pot luck for Thanksgiving right..so it was only 3 or us Black girls at the office...and we all love caribbean food...so i said i would bring curry goat..so the White ladies reply GOAT! NO!..so the Black girls said..bring the goat and tell them its beef :rofl: so I did...let me tell u they licked their fingers and the gravy..U GOTTA TRY NEW THINGS..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.