SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY FRIEND COOK THIS ALL THE TIME AND LOVE IT I HAVENT TRYED IT YET

Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe

Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.

by Evan's Mommy

8 servings

5½ hours 20 min prep

1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned and drained

8 lasagna noodles, uncooked

1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor

1 teaspoon oregano or italian seasoning

1/3 cup water

1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)

1 small onion, chopped (optional)

15 ounces ricotta cheese

2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.

Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.

Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.

Repeat layers.

Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

i use italian sausage and alfredo sauce to make it have a creamy taste. I also used cottage cheese.

I fixed it the night before and then turned it on in the morning. It was better the next day after it set!!

yummy, that sounds good.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wagwan ladies! I'm still at work :( ...not really working, but job searching...how is everyone this evening? Are the sicklings feeling better? Did everyone take their pregnancy tests? :lol:

A who dat? wha mi miss?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Wagwan ladies! I'm still at work :( ...not really working, but job searching...how is everyone this evening? Are the sicklings feeling better? Did everyone take their pregnancy tests? :lol:

A who dat? wha mi miss?

Not me :no:

ROC

Timeline
JSKI37, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE k1 VISA. Did you'll solve the retirement issue, crew visa issue to your SO satifaction?

did he post? I think i saw him when i was there.

Timeline
JSKI37, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE k1 VISA. Did you'll solve the retirement issue, crew visa issue to your SO satifaction?

He opened a new thread with his interview experience.

He told me he sat right next to you and Evan. Evan borrowed his ink pen. LMAO How cool was that. Sitting right next a VJ yardie and don't even know it. lol

ROC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita;

I'm thankful for Marcel everyday. He cooks about 3 times a week, mostly for my son. Whatever my son wants to eat he cooks it. I hate cooking, but I love to CLEAN.

Same way here, Tre. Except I may cook once a month. I love my husband's cooking. And, we eat Jamaican foods nearly every day.

He laughs cause everytime he calls and says what are you feeling for dinner, I say flitters. I could live on those. With some friend egg and plantain....MMMMmmmmmm.

I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen after.

Flitters and friend eggs JG... Are you tired today?

I meant to say Flitters cause that is how Andre pronounces it. Friend eggs is funny, though. I am trying to watch NCIS while I type.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

A who dat? wha mi miss?

:whistle: ...bought a first response today will take it next week if i dont feel better

Timeline
I love to clean the house and I love doing laundry. I also love a clean bathroom...maybe something is wrong with me. A few weeks ago my mom's friend got ill and well, her husband is what they call "old school stubborn jamaican man".... he does absolutely NOTHING. She works as an RN and he's an electrician. Anyway, I went over their to clean their house took me 6 hours...house wasn't bad, but the man just sat there and looked at me the entire time. If I was out of his sight, he would stand where he could see me...you know this fool had the NERVE to ask mi "WAH FI DINNAH"....I told him, tide, bleach, ammonia and one sponge. I'm no longer welcome over there. He tell the church people dem seh mi FACTEY

We are peas in a pod, girlie. I look forward to days off so I can scrub down the kitchen and bathroom. I just love when they sparkle.

:rofl: , i do too. I am looking forward to the cleaning session I am having this weekend for my house to get ready for my new "roommate".

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marlita, don't feel bad, the only thing Joel can cook is rice maybe. So, he won't be the cook in this family. That's okay with me, I love to cook, so I will learn to cook Jamaican. The other day, Joel said he wouldn't want to eat Jamaican everyday anyway. He want to eat different types of food. So, I guess we will be Kool on this.

I dont understand why most of these guys only want JA food anyway when they come here. I would die if i had to eat the same stuff everyday. I mean there are tons or great foods out there. Evan loves my cooking, cause he like food variety. I think it comes from growing up in an American household and his "adoptive" father was a food supplier to the hotels and his "adoptive" mom cooked American meals all the time.

There are many Jamaican foods. It's not like you eat the same thing every day. Every once in a while I do have to tell Andre I need some boiled potatoes or something instead of rice, though. Only so much rice I can take.

Tre....I have coconut drops sitting on my counter again!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
oh yeah i bought some rum cream but dont really know what to do with it, can i serve it with ice and half and half like a white russian or what? i always had it in blended drinks when i was in JA and im to lazy to blend up squat ova here....LOL

Love this stuff! Yes you can have it like that, or by itself on the rocks. Or blend with a banana and ice. Or mix with vanilla ice cream. You can mix it in cakes and things too.

MY FRIEND COOK THIS ALL THE TIME AND LOVE IT I HAVENT TRYED IT YET

Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe

Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.

by Evan's Mommy

8 servings

5½ hours 20 min prep

1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned and drained

8 lasagna noodles, uncooked

1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor

1 teaspoon oregano or italian seasoning

1/3 cup water

1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)

1 small onion, chopped (optional)

15 ounces ricotta cheese

2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.

Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.

Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.

Repeat layers.

Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

i use italian sausage and alfredo sauce to make it have a creamy taste. I also used cottage cheese.

I fixed it the night before and then turned it on in the morning. It was better the next day after it set!!

Oh thanks for this! Evan was just talking about me making lasgna.

Timeline

A who dat? wha mi miss?

Not me :no:

Yeah right!

Timeline

He opened a new thread with his interview experience.

He told me he sat right next to you and Evan. Evan borrowed his ink pen. LMAO How cool was that. Sitting right next a VJ yardie and don't even know it. lol

haha, I knew it!! Yup Evan borowwed his wifey pen. I knew it was him after i heard there situation with the 2 visas at the interview window. He looked so nervous. Me and Evan thought it was cute. His wife is very beautiful and tall, like a model!

A who dat? wha mi miss?

:whistle: ...bought a first response today will take it next week if i dont feel better

Ok yall cant be sick that fast. You just did the do like a week ago, and having feelings already? Take your temperature and tell me what it say. Mi tell yuh if yuh breed.

Timeline

lmao @ lita.... no thermometer round here....im a bad mom i rely on the hand on the forehead temp to determine any increased temps round here,,,

wanna come over and feel my forehead... LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.