SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everybody...just finished catching up and now I have to run and get myself ready for my flu clinic. We are expecting to vaccinate about 250 people this evening. It is fun though and we get to meet some very interesting people. I hope you all have a blessed and productive day.

GO GET YOUR FLU SHOTS!!!!! You don't want to get the flu, it is a killer.

Lawny, Sunny and honey, I hope you all feel better soon.

For everyone else with good news..congrats.

Sus, I hopw your mom feels better soon.

Later y'all..

Oh, sorry cut I forgot to say CONGRATS to Marlita and Evan. May this be the start of a long life together and may the rest of this journey be smooth and that this relationship is blessed by the almighty and it is all you expect it to be.

Just an update...Mike and I have parted ways and he told me that he is planning on returning to live in Ja. I wished him good luck.

Talk to you all later...

Sorry Claire that it didn't work out. Hope things smooth out for you from here. (L)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whagwaan yardies!

I'm just catching up from being off of VJ for a while. Just got back from Brussels for a business trip ... so happy to be home! I'm home watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta....I'm addicted y'all!!! Someone please take the remote.

Congrats Marlita and Evan!!!! Glad your immigration journey is coming to a happy ending. Your blog was how I found this great Web site, so I thank you for being so real and honest with the "world" about your relationship and love for your JA man. Many days in the beginning it was the only thing that kept me in the game.

Welcome back all the yardies that went to JA for the October visits... sounds like y'all had a blast! Sorry some of y'all not feeling so well right now... get better soon.

Honey, link me if you need help with the K1 paperwork -- I just finished mine last month so some of it still fresh in my head -- hopefully.

How's everyone else doing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tawanna glad you made it back safe and sound, i am in the process of downloading forms today to start filling out the paperwork. One thing i really need and sunny said she would show me a pic is how to put it all together. I bought some clear sleeves with tabs on them from target but then i read shanette said she put it in a binder, i was thinking how much would that weigh and would they accept it if i mailed stuff in one, so yes all help is appreciated.

How was your trip??

Timeline
Tawanna glad you made it back safe and sound, i am in the process of downloading forms today to start filling out the paperwork. One thing i really need and sunny said she would show me a pic is how to put it all together. I bought some clear sleeves with tabs on them from target but then i read shanette said she put it in a binder, i was thinking how much would that weigh and would they accept it if i mailed stuff in one, so yes all help is appreciated.

How was your trip??

The trip was a whirlwind -- It was for a client event and they worked us like crazy, so I didn't get to see much -- but did get out one night and had a great meal, go some awesome chocolate.

Re: the binder for the K1 -- I didn't submit mine in any binder or sleeves to USCIS. I just stapled and binder clipped everything and put it in a folder and sent it off. I do have binders for me and AW to keep files of the paperwork.

good luck, chica!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How was your trip??

Are you going to fill out every form by hand? Why not type them before you print? I used the k1 Guide for what order to put things in my folder. Let me know if you need tips.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ON THE I29F FORM THERE IS A BOX THAT SAYS HOW WAS CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED, AND THEN IT SAYS CERTIFICATE NUMBER, DOES OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE HAVE A NUMBER ON IT??? AND IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT? THANKS SORRY FOR THE CAPS...lol

Timeline
Welcome back Unruly sounds like u chilling at home.. good deal after a long business trip.. u going back to JA anytime soon??

Quana -- yes the end of next month and I can't wait! It's the only thing that's keeping me up right now! You going back soon?

Timeline
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ON THE I29F FORM THERE IS A BOX THAT SAYS HOW WAS CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED, AND THEN IT SAYS CERTIFICATE NUMBER, DOES OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE HAVE A NUMBER ON IT??? AND IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT? THANKS SORRY FOR THE CAPS...lol

Let me go find my jump drive with the forms on it....brb.

It say if you check B/C, then put N/A for How was citizen acquired.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If your talking about #10 in section A, I checked Birth in the US and left everything else blank.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Trying to decide if I will visit, thanksgiving or mid December. I wanted to wait till my bday which is Jan 12 but that is just not acceptable LOL.. i feel so bad for not waiting.. I feel I should be more disciplined but I miss him soo..

Timeline
I just went back to read. Clairen I'm so sorry about Mike's decision to return to Jamaica. Hang in there and know what we are here for you if you need any support.

Clairen, i am so sorry to hear about Mike's decision. Things happen for a reason. Reasons that only God knows the outcome. Stay strong

love.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.