SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
okay next question, though i vaguely remember this being discussed awhile ago what do we think about the purchasing of rings if our SO's arent well off???

i told D i was going to look for a ring and put it in layaway, but given he can save for phones that he wants i think he should pick something and start saving on it until april rolls around? yall think it is possible for someone who makes 400 a month to afford a ring?

Depends on what kind of ring you want. There are a lot options in this regards. I have thought of getting his birthstone or there are even diamonds that are created in a lab and aren't as expensive. Oh and I have seen on Ebay where you can bid for some really nice ones.

Look at diamondnexuslabs.com

But that is a good idea having him save or put something towards it if he can.

Honey...meant to tell you...LOVE all your pictures especially the headstand one.

I got my engagement ring in Jamaica, duty free. It is gorgeous and I get more compliments on it. It's 9 tiny diamonds set to look like a solitaire. Makes it sparkle so much. It really wasnt' all that much.

And, yes, Andre actually paid for all of it. It is possible.

It sounds really pretty Kell!

Dave was able to give me half on our rings and we really didn't spend that much at all. Maybe $450 for mine and under a hundred for his. Got em' right at Zales but Wal-mart woulda been fine too! LOLLL

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sussssssssssssssssssssss, it's this weekend and I'm FRIGGIN sick :crying: no fair....I'm feeling chills right now and my eyes won't stop running

Sorry to hear you are sick - drink your rum girl and get better ASAP!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Mornin All.... :)

Just poppin in, trying to catch up on posts. LOL I just got back from visiting my sis in NY last night.

We got the letter for Dave's Biometrics Appt. It's on Nov 1st @ 1:00pm. Does that mean we're in the "clear" for getting an RFE or is that still a possibility after Biometrics?? I feel pretty good about all the documentation we sent in but just wondering what'll happen from here etc.

Nish --

hope all is well, but they can issue an RFE at any point

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
very true roxcie... i went in april one time before dont really remember how much i spent, but with the added cost of taking my sons... i could easily see spending 1200 on airfare alone.

i guess i will put him to work now and see what location we can have, does ochi have any lighthouses or old churches near the water that anyone knows of??? OH the falls at the ruins is really pretty, though really pricey

lawny please go home and get in the bed sis, dont run yourself down you got two men at home who need you, phock work, if you died tomorrow they would drag your body to the side, clear out your office, mourn you for a minute and hire someone else, so take care of YOU

Have everything planned so that when you go down in January while Dwayne is at work you can run around and get things in order for April. Go to the florist, bakery and other stores for accessories.

Just poppin in, trying to catch up on posts. LOL I just got back from visiting my sis in NY last night.

We got the letter for Dave's Biometrics Appt. It's on Nov 1st @ 1:00pm. Does that mean we're in the "clear" for getting an RFE or is that still a possibility after Biometrics?? I feel pretty good about all the documentation we sent in but just wondering what'll happen from here etc.

Ok, why haven't we talked yet Nish... Your boy is coming next Friday. lol call me at work. I'll PM the number.

LOLLLLLLLL.....cause somebody was in JA for 2 weeks, remember? LMAO

I'll look for the PM and Congrats on his arrival. Me & dave should drive down! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Nish --

hope all is well, but they can issue an RFE at any point

Hey Tre....

Thanks for ur response. Things are going pretty good over here...just busy working. You know how that goes! LOL I'm just glad we finally got the AOS stuff out this month. Guess now we just gotta wait and see what's gonna happen and how long it'll take to actually get the EAD etc. Hope things are going well with Marcel too. Hope u feel better! :)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

It doesn't happen very often; but I have heard of people getting RFE's after biometrics.

If you don't get an RFE, about a month or so after biometrics, you will get the welcome letter. The green card should arrive right after that....we got our's the next day.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello.

Is anyone planning to bring the children of their SO here? Or has anyone brought their SO child/children here?

Good ?

Well my hubbys daughter will be coming here by November. She is 6 yrs old. I need help what do as a STEPMOM :blush:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
okAY THIS is by far the dumbest question i have asked im sure but oh well who cares. SO i have like a million photos saved on my computer which i normally print on 8 by 10 photo paper and send to dwayne, this time around im sure i will go thru a whole ink cartridge if i do it that way, is there a way to print more than one photo at a time on photo paper, like they do kids school pictures so i can kill two birds with one stone, ?? im not real saavy at tech stuff with the computer

JG<i mean thats cool as well i just want us to have a good time and it is important to me for him to have fam there and friends, in the states i dont have a big fam so a wedding is not in the plans just a trip in front of a judge

Honey, I upload all my photos to snapfish.com - they print them for 9 cents a photo.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Someone rescue me....

Sunny jumped ship she has to go to a meeting......

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i wish we could go to negril so i could see the beauty.

I am trying to figure out how to plan something cheap but pretty in ochi for our commitment thang in april. can anyone recommend a less tourist populated beach?

Reggae Beach is my favorite

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Thanks Sus; rescue me from the misery of the cold bug. I'm going home, I can't fight this at work. Should have brought the rum with me to wurk.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.