SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
they dont celebrate thanksgiving or halloween in JA??????

Nope. They celebrate different holidays than we do (ie Heroes Day etc) but no Thanksgiving or Halloween.

I tried to explain Halloween to Marcel and all he says is "WHY". I didn't say anything else. I wasn't allowed to do anything on Halloween, so it's not a big deal to me. I do take boxing day off though, been doing since 1989, when I started working full time. I also take Easter Monday.

Andre says he used to go to Halloween dances every year. Good thing you got Marcel out of that monestary, Tre!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I made a pumpkin gingerbread trifle one Thanksgiving - it was so so so good - It was a recipe from Paula Dean

Oh, can you give this recipe to me?

I make a wicked trifle:

pound cake cut in cubes (I use 2 pound cakes)

sliced strawberries

sliced bananas

can of crushed pineapple in juice

2 tubs of whip cream

2 boxes of dry vanilla pudding

Layer everything exactly as I have listed it, using 1/3 each layer. Only difference, Use 1/2 of the dry pudding mix on the first 2 layers ONLY. So, you end with whip cream on top.

If you put it in a big clear bowl, it is beautiful. Tastes awesome.

If you use the low fat pound cake, fat free whip cream, and sugar free pudding mix, you can save some calories.

No quoting is fine and usually my goal. But, sometimes I want to make sure it's known what I am referring to.

Heyyyyyyyyyy, where did you get that recipe. That's the Dessert Rosa at Carrabbas. OMG! so friggin good.

This is it: 20040129_carrabbas_italian_gr.jpg

A gal I worked with 3 jobs ago, made it and I fell in love with it.

Where is that restaurant? (Mine looks prettier, btw!)

they are all over: http://www.carrabbas.com/

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
I cant wait till thanksgiving..well actually...BLACK FRIDAY!!! :dance: I heard its gonna be good this year because of the economy

:dance: I love Black Friday! I heard the same thing about the great deals. Are you looking for anything specific Marie?

I was just on the Black Friday site yesterday. I can't wait either. I need a new TV for my bedroom. Last year I was 10th in the line at Target. I had a chance to get one and didn't. I could slap myself. This Jamaican guy had a whole cart full of $25 DVD players. :rofl: I need a GPS to.

Black Friday site? Please explain.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi Claire. I got up at 4:45 to take Andre to work and make my way here.

I'm a little cranky this morning. I'm sure another shot of caffinated diet coke will fix everything.

Wow!!!! no wonder you are cranky!! Did you get enough sleep last night?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG sunny i looked up the recipe those look and sound good, problem is with stuff like that once i bake it im back and forth in the kitchen every couple of minutes eating it , hence i will be a big girl forever if i continue to bake like that.....LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I dont see the Wii going on sale anytime soon because they are still in high demand. and becoming more popular. I plan to buy one for my kids as soon as i can find one, i have been looking since last year. stores here will get only 2 or 3 and sell out of them before the day. ALso i read the playstation 3 is not doing well , one since it is so dang pricey and two the Wii is more affordable and therefore more popular.

I am thinking the same thing...which sucks. I just don't get why they aren't mass producing them so that people who want one can get one :wacko: I know there must be a reason behind it but geesh. Plus there are so many scams from buying online I would be so worried to try that.

Timeline
I make these: Pumpkin Bars

pumpkin_bar.jpg

OMG, has anybody tried the gooeys that Paula Dean makes. Check out the recipe. So, so good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-d...cipe/index.html

My mom makes the very best regular gooey butter cake I have ever tasted. However, if you ask her for the recipie, she'll say she just throws it all together and it's different every time.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

There is a USC, whose SO is in Cuba and he just got his k-1 visa. She had to travel there to visit him, other wise he would not have been eligible for a K-1. But not only did she travel there, she was living there for a while with him. Note I said she is a USC.

Is she a USC with relatives who live in Cuba? I know the rules are different if you have relatives that live in Cuba cause I heard some USC with Cuban relatives talking about it on the radio a few months ago.

Nope according to her post, she was in Cuba for an eductaional project and she met and fell in love with her SO.

Timeline

JG - I live for black friday lol. My mom would always save up during the year and get our gifts then. I didn't mind because I always got to pick things out for myself since I had to wake up early to go with her. I was the hold the place in line kid lol

When I worked at Target I had to work BF and didn't mind too much because they would let us see the ads ahead of time and we got to put things on hold for ourselves

Sunny...whenever you make those pumpkin cars again PLEASE send me some. My stomach is growling right now :unsure:

Yardie...with the wii its not so much the price but the availability. I can't find them anywhere :angry: The price for the system is $250

Honey...ur right about the PS3..too much money for a load of #######. They're not selling as well as sony thought they would. Nintendo has the video game thing on lock

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
I am thinking the same thing...which sucks. I just don't get why they aren't mass producing them so that people who want one can get one :wacko: I know there must be a reason behind it but geesh. Plus there are so many scams from buying online I would be so worried to try that.

Nintendo does it so they stay on top

Black Friday Predictions for 2008

LINK

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Oh, God.........I hate the very thought of Black Friday. I hope it's my last one to work in retail.

JG you said that last year too :( I hope it is your last year as well...is it looking hopeful?

I know and that was a different job! :crying:

I am hopeful. Andre called about an hour ago to say he got a 40 cent raise for his yearly raise. And, he's being transferred to a store closer to the house by his area leader to try and whip the store into better shape. They are having some leadership problems....not making daily deposits, falling to a health department B rating, etc. I'm sure he said more; but he was babbling and I tuned him out here and there cause I am at work. So, he's going there next week and HOPEFULLY someone remembers to continue the end of his assistant manager training. He said he's excited, so I suppose he is hopeful.

His promotion and raise is the final factor in my quitting sooner rather then later. That, and I need time to stock up on some of the stuff we use while I still have the 50% discount. A girl has to have priorities, you know?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.