SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey guys-

I have a quote for you that someone gave to me.

JGAY. this is especially for you

"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle happens"

I think of each of you often, even if I am not on here and even if I am on here but not chatting :)

Thanks Shrew...its becoming so hard now....knowing that we've waited so long and might have to wait even longer....I called NVC not to long ago and my case is still awaiting an interview date....i will be so crushed if i don't get a date for Novemeber...even though there is an end to this and a day will be given to me but the waiting is so unbearable at times....i just feel like :crying::crying:

I completely understand. Everyone else that filed when I did is getting ready for an interview or their spouses are long home by now and i am still looking at another 6 months or so.

Stuff like that is hard on a heart, isnt it? Know that you are covered in prayers and I speak that you WILL get a November interview date.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
MY SO's Great Grandma passed away last night :o

OMG...i'm sooo sorry...was it sudden or was his grandma sick...either way i am so sorry and i'm sending my condelences out to your family...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Cat, your pics are wonderful!!! Your daugher is going to be a heart breaker!!

Oh thanks!! She is a ham!

Nice, nice pics Irie, you both look so good and happy together :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY SO's Great Grandma passed away last night :o

I'm so sorry, Sha. He is in my prayers.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Thanks fo rall your kind words, everyone. She was 94. She had a very long fulfilling life. So it was kind of expected. Shes been really sick lately. SO is trying to be strong but I can tell he has been crying. He said that they are on their way to the "dead house" aka funeral home. So I will find out more details later. I just wish I could be there for him.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline
HEYYYYY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been so busy at work. Trying to catch up on all these dang on files. Too many days slacking off being on VJ. :rolleyes: Anyways:

UPDATE

MY BOOSKIE DID NOT GET APPROVED!!!! They said that they wanted to see me in person. Ain't they some B*T***S!! Anyhoo, now I am waiting for the embassy to reply back to my fifty-million emails and let me know when I can go before I book a flight.

Wow, this seems to be the norm now adays at KNG. I havent heard of many K1's getting thru without both being at the interview. This sucks cause now you have to wait....again, and I wish they would just make an official statement or something. Sorry to hear about this.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

I have been so busy at work. Trying to catch up on all these dang on files. Too many days slacking off being on VJ. :rolleyes: Anyways:

UPDATE

MY BOOSKIE DID NOT GET APPROVED!!!! They said that they wanted to see me in person. Ain't they some B*T***S!! Anyhoo, now I am waiting for the embassy to reply back to my fifty-million emails and let me know when I can go before I book a flight.

Wow, this seems to be the norm now adays at KNG. I havent heard of many K1's getting thru without both being at the interview. This sucks cause now you have to wait....again, and I wish they would just make an official statement or something. Sorry to hear about this.

Hey Marlita

I was checking out your website and yall's pics are beautiful of your wedding. Was that in Jamaica?

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline
Okay so I had put together all the documents in a nicely labeled binder with dividers and protecter sheets. I mean this binder was fabolous! Any dummie could find what they needed in a matter of seconds. I made a photo album of about 75 pics of just him, me and the baby and I even made a scrapbook (thanks to JG). So I mailed it and it didn't get there until yesterday. Now mind you his appointment was yesterday. Okay so from the moment I mailed that box, I had been checking the status of it like a million times a day. So when last Friday came it still said that it was in Customs. So I'm panicking!! So come Monday the box was still in Customs, so I was like "Okay, he is going to make this appt come hell or high water. So me being the smart person I am I PDF all the stuff to him via email @ Kinkos cost me $50 because it took so long and they charge by the minute. He finally gets the scanned documents and heads to the embassy yesterday. Gets to the Interview Lady (American young chick) and she is asking him all kinds of questions and according to him he answered them perfectly. Then she says "Where is ShaNete" and he answers. Well in the middle of his answers she walks away and gives him a blue slip. She even had the nerve to say that his paperwork looks perfect but I still want to see her! ######!!!!!

See I would be ready to slap somebody at that point! I feel like the fact that you have a child with him and his name is on the birth certificate there should be no need for you to go over there! :angry: Do they have a complaint process? They need to stop all this unnecessary blue slipping people. If they want you there they need to put that on the dang application. Petionioner needs to be at interview so people can get their finances together... as you can probably tell I am waging war against unnecessary Bureaucracy! :rofl: It is a waste of time and money some things they expect from people. :wacko:

I have to disagree with you there. Having a baby only proves you had sex with him at least one time. I do think the pictures of the 3 of them together does hold more weight, though.

I was under the impression she had sent copies of her passport pages. I think she has been back to JA several times.

She probably did. I disagreed with the statement that the most powerful proof is the fact that they have a child together and that should convince everyone of their relationship. And that his name is on the birth certificate. All the child really proves is that they had sex at least one time. And his name on the birth certificate is unverified until he actually has a DNA test.

Here's the thing....all of a sudden these stupid CO's have become frickin marriage and family counselors!! yes if they have a baby togehter, went the legal way of processing a K1 visa, showed all other "proo" he should be good to go! But NO! The whole immigration process (especially in JA) has become a marriage and family counseling session. They are now looking at how you interact with one another....whay does this have to do with immigration. The man is not an illegal ready to stick it to the man. Geesh!! She gave them her passport pages, baby social, and BC! The governement is probably tracking her whole life with the stupid Patriot Act law that was passed. So this whole asking the petitioner to show up is ridiculous. It proves absolutely nothing else that the other "official forms of immigration' should not have already proved.

Why is it that we feel we have to "prove" our undying love for our spouse to get them a visa. Thats not the way this process should be. its not supposed to be so personal. Its supposed to be just follow the legal process of immigration and then your done, but the government has such a wacked out and down right prejudice immigration system that to me it violates peoples civil rights!! :angry: I really hate the fact that NOT ONE presidential candidate, has made a stance on reforming the LEGAL immigration propaganda. It hate both of them for that.

UPDATE

Hey Marlita

I was checking out your website and yall's pics are beautiful of your wedding. Was that in Jamaica?

Yes, it was in Negril area.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Thanks fo rall your kind words, everyone. She was 94. She had a very long fulfilling life. So it was kind of expected. Shes been really sick lately. SO is trying to be strong but I can tell he has been crying. He said that they are on their way to the "dead house" aka funeral home. So I will find out more details later. I just wish I could be there for him.

I'm not sure if its in all of Jamaica but were my hubby is from they always throw a party when someone passes...they call it a "dead yard"...just this pass weekend my hubby was telling me that he was going to a dead yard....and he was like there were 3 parties that night but the dead yard will be the biggest party for the night since more people go to dead yards....it was his cousin's great grandmother....she was 104 years old....he said it was so many people there and they had a sound playing that played some really good music...he tells that he go to other people dead yards even if he doesn't know them....i thought that was weird though...imagine you going to someone's wake and you never seen them before.... :wacko:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Timeline

UPDATE

Shanette, sorry to hear about your SO's grandmother. My grandmother raised me so I can only imagine.

Lita;

Some K-1s do get through without their SOs being there. I know several since the end of summer. I guess the pick and choose who they want to bring back. Best of luck next week.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lawny ppl have gotten thru but i believe they are slowly makin this the norm...so advice others to try their best and go..it just saves time and emotion

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.