SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Cat, your pics are wonderful!!! Your daugher is going to be a heart breaker!!

Oh thanks!! She is a ham!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think the confusion is that it sounds like she needs her birth paper to get her marriage license, Kimmy. Is that right?

JALove.......any baby news, yet?

Dr came in room. Said ok lets check ur cervix...Said uhhh ok it aint nowhere near open, then said umm let me go think ill be back, so leaves the room comes back n says. Does not look like she tryin come on her own so, Wed 22nd we will induce u, made me appointment for 6am. Then says it still may not come so what we will do is if she doesnt come by certain time wed then we stop, feed u let u rest, start over thursday! And i dont even get him to deliver it! that sucks :( says hes rarely in the delivery room unless things go WRONG.

best of luck to you! hope everything goes well...it sucks when they have to start and stop...they did that to me and for i just wanted it over already!

:lol::lol: do you use anything special on her hair? i know kaila i still a little one but her hair is soft but just frizzes out....

Timeline

i can't wait to see the pics 2 night.. i miss seeing ur little ones, those eyes I tell ya..

so how has louis adjusted, besides being cold LOL getting used to the food? he is a vegetarian right?? is he driving??

Timeline
I think the confusion is that it sounds like she needs her birth paper to get her marriage license, Kimmy. Is that right?

Dr came in room. Said ok lets check ur cervix...Said uhhh ok it aint nowhere near open, then said umm let me go think ill be back, so leaves the room comes back n says. Does not look like she tryin come on her own so, Wed 22nd we will induce u, made me appointment for 6am. Then says it still may not come so what we will do is if she doesnt come by certain time wed then we stop, feed u let u rest, start over thursday! And i dont even get him to deliver it! that sucks :( says hes rarely in the delivery room unless things go WRONG.

best of luck to you! hope everything goes well...it sucks when they have to start and stop...they did that to me and for i just wanted it over already!

:lol::lol: do you use anything special on her hair? i know kaila i still a little one but her hair is soft but just frizzes out....

I use whatever I have. I have not found the perfect solution. She gets a bath at night and I put wet hair up in a knot and in the am just take it down. Somtimes I put a little light oil in it. Could be baby oil or I have some African oil ... whatever is handy! LOL. She is hooked on the Ponytail and wont let me do anything else lately. I slick down the frizzies with oil. Ponytail makes that easy.

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
i can't wait to see the pics 2 night.. i miss seeing ur little ones, those eyes I tell ya..

so how has louis adjusted, besides being cold LOL getting used to the food? he is a vegetarian right?? is he driving??

OMG - don't ask about driving! He is terrible and I don't have the patience to teach him. I would rather drive anywhere he needs to go rather than stress about him being on the road! :rofl: I think he is getting lessons for Christmas.

Louis is fine. My family LOVES him so he feels welcomed for sure. I am sending in AOS in the next couple weeks (late - I know) - I had to scrape up the money- it has been tight lately.

Louis likes the fall leaves - asked me if they all fall off! My aunt wants to throw him a "first snow" party! We take drives, visit friends all that good stuff. I swear it isnt a HUGE adjustment. Seems like we have been doing this forever. He feels a little out of place sometimes. People are always looking at him becuase he is "different". I told him at least people don't yell things as they drive by and make cat calls etc... (like me being in St Lucia).

All in all - it has been wonderful!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

OMG - don't ask about driving! He is terrible and I don't have the patience to teach him. I would rather drive anywhere he needs to go rather than stress about him being on the road! :rofl: I think he is getting lessons for Christmas.

Louis is fine. My family LOVES him so he feels welcomed for sure. I am sending in AOS in the next couple weeks (late - I know) - I had to scrape up the money- it has been tight lately.

Louis likes the fall leaves - asked me if they all fall off! My aunt wants to throw him a "first snow" party! We take drives, visit friends all that good stuff. I swear it isnt a HUGE adjustment. Seems like we have been doing this forever. He feels a little out of place sometimes. People are always looking at him becuase he is "different". I told him at least people don't yell things as they drive by and make cat calls etc... (like me being in St Lucia).

All in all - it has been wonderful!

yuh right about that one LOL

i told Roger i can't wait till they LOOK at us. Although for us it will b just cuz he is this TALL TALL guy and I am this SHORT SHORT girl.. nothing like u guys LOL.. but love makes everything better I know!!!

Glad the fam is really taken to him, first snow party sounds GREAT!!

Timeline
Did Shanette SO get approved yesterday?

No one has said yet.

Kimmy, I agree with your notarized theory. It's already officially sealed. No need to get it notarized. What would they notarize anyhow? That the seal is official?

Here's what I found when I was looking for something else...

http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/VISmarriageinjamaica.htm

CERTIFIED not notarized.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad u found ur ring Marlita!!!

JA, my soon to be ex lost his about a mnth after our wedding also LOL he was mowing the lawn.. guess it wasn't sized quite right.. We never got a replacement either.

Wow! Apparently its quite common to lose a wedding ring. Evans ring wont budge, his knuckles are larger than his finger so once its pass his knuckle its takes alot of work to come back off.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

JA, my soon to be ex lost his about a mnth after our wedding also LOL he was mowing the lawn.. guess it wasn't sized quite right.. We never got a replacement either.

Wow! Apparently its quite common to lose a wedding ring. Evans ring wont budge, his knuckles are larger than his finger so once its pass his knuckle its takes alot of work to come back off.

I had mine on the windowsill over the sink a few months ago and my husband knocked it off while opening the window. He picked up the engagement ring; but left the wedding ring on the floor, unbeknownst to him. So, I walk in to find my cat batting it back and forth. I was so mad at all of them in my house.

My aunt died and left behind a ashtray she got in Jamaica that had a JA penny in it. I use that to hold my rings on the windowsill now.

Andre can't get his over his knuckle either. It takes a bunch of oil to wriggle it free. It is safe that way.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning all!

My Lasiks cost around $3500 - More on the high end, but I had talked to some people who went to the cheaper Lasiks center, and they had problems - I would rather pay more and go to a dr. that was well known and respected.

:thumbs: I agree. Mine was around 3200 - 3400. I paid for the higher end one that digitally tracks your retna, especially cause I have HUGE pupils. When my eyes dialate, my whole eyeball looks black, like those vampires. There is no white in my eye. Its prettycool looking actually, haha.

Timeline
Morning all!

My Lasiks cost around $3500 - More on the high end, but I had talked to some people who went to the cheaper Lasiks center, and they had problems - I would rather pay more and go to a dr. that was well known and respected.

I am with u also. Here in Canada you can pay in installments. Is it the same over there?

Yes you pay with an HSA or Care Credit. I used interest free care credit and you just pay a monthly bill. It was real easy to set-up.

Timeline

Nanny, make sure to keep babies hair conditioned and oiled. Its probably dry and that maybe why it frizzes. Unless he hair texture is just frizzy. If thats the case then its just natural.

Timeline

I had mine on the windowsill over the sink a few months ago and my husband knocked it off while opening the window. He picked up the engagement ring; but left the wedding ring on the floor, unbeknownst to him. So, I walk in to find my cat batting it back and forth. I was so mad at all of them in my house.

My aunt died and left behind a ashtray she got in Jamaica that had a JA penny in it. I use that to hold my rings on the windowsill now.

Andre can't get his over his knuckle either. It takes a bunch of oil to wriggle it free. It is safe that way.

haha, whats up with the big knuckles?!! It took me forever to get his ring on at the wedding. I was trying to jam it on his finger. it dont go anywhere. His co-workers call him "Superman" cause they say his ring is shiny and looks like some sort of superman metal device :blink:

Timeline

haha, whats up with the big knuckles?!! It took me forever to get his ring on at the wedding. I was trying to jam it on his finger. it dont go anywhere. His co-workers call him "Superman" cause they say his ring is shiny and looks like some sort of superman metal device :blink:

:rofl: superman funny

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.