SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Taboo No. 4: Gossiping

Rumors in the workplace are like gasoline on a trash-can fire -- they spread ... fast. While lighthearted conversations around the water cooler are one thing, standing around dishing about your co-workers is another. Unfortunately, it's a common scenario in most corporate cultures: 19 percent of workers in a 2007 CareerBuilder.com survey said they have spread a rumor about a fellow employee.

Our advice: Co-workers who gossip or spread ugly rumors can harm the work environment. Do your best to stay clear of these people. If you can't get away, at least avoid engaging in the tittle-tattle.

So, here's my issues:

It appears that I've been placed at work to sit next to the company gossip queen. She knows everythings that goes on at the company and even people personal lives. This is the first time I've ever been open to people at work on where I met my husband and the circumstances around being married to a Jamaican (K-1 visa stuff). So now I have this feeling that everyone in the company knows whatever I've told her. I'm a very private person and it's not like it's information to hide...but it's just not the kind you walk around wearing on your shoulder. I've only been sitting next to her for about two months (I didn't know her before that) and she has shared how she has had an abortion, who she is trying not to sleep with, etc. I personally wouldn't care to know these things. But I don't want to be rude and make it seem like I don't want to hear them. This has made me tell her somethings that I wouldn't shared otherwise. Do you think it's wrong for me to take a whole new approach and let her know that I don't want to hear any NEWS? Or should I just listen, and not make any comments?

Also, she uses racial slurs about other races (she's african american) and it bothers me. I have told her several times that you can't say those words and it's like them calling us the N word. But she still uses them, related to hispanic and asian people. She interupts me while I am working to have these conversations. Just how do I remove myself? Should I try? I could ask my manager to move me since I'm no where near my team..but I don't want to make it seems like I don't like the woman. But it's really starting to bother me.

How many of you have told people outside of your close friends and family about your relationship?

Thanks for reading my venting session.

K girl, just use the good Lords name. I dont know why, but Jesus scares people. I have gossips at my job too. I stay outta the business. It sort of makes me known as the quiet girl anti-social girl but i dont care. Also. you could tell the girl plain out that you want to refrain from that talk cause you working on your conscience or something.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good Morning Claire~

Spill it Sunny

Okay why are they playing Christmas music on the radio? I keep checking back to see if they are still playing it and they are. I don't know if they are playing a joke or what because I couldn't listen long enough to find out. Hope they really aren't going to play Christmas music from now until Christmas.

Who? Cause I'm not going to turn that station on. UGH.....I hate Christmas music except on Christmas Eve and Day.

They are giving away the Rockettes', Manheim Steamroller, and something else. Maybe it was for that.

Oh i love Christmas music. All the month of Dec. Gets me so in the spirit. I love classic Christmas, and Soul and Gospel Christmas, oh and MC was awesome too!

Edited by Marlita

Timeline
Hey Renee ( waving) wha gwaan ?

Hi (hours later) I was signed on but not around. Have fun on your trip! You will relax when you get on that plane :thumbs:

SO true!! Soon as you get thru security and are sitting there waiting to board your plane, a sense of calm starts to come over you. My flight is direct most times, so there's this calm with everyone cause they all know that they are going on vacation or going home or what not. Its nice, cause i am always rushing to the airport.

Timeline
morning yardies, couldnt sleep and just want this day to be over...LOL

have fun in JA Honey!

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
thanks cara, i see your not to far behind me with your timeline :thumbs:

i wish my timeline was 1 day to go like yours! had my SO not declined an october 20th interview date i could be down to 7 days left hahahahaha (they called friday to ask him if he was interested in an interview on the 20th and he told them no....i could have rung his neck......but after he explained why to me and that he couldnt reach me i was fine again after i cussed him out......oh well i wont complain casue it is just around the corner.......

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone!

So, I have to share my awesome night last night. My friends were playing at this little dive bar in my town - everyone was going out, but I wasn't really in the mood and I was trying to write my papers. They finally pestered me enough that I said I would come down. I threw on jeans and a top, and headed out - I was in a mellow mood, so I put in a Mikey Spice CD on my way.

I got to the bar - totally crowded, many drunks, two of my exes - not what I was in the mood for. Then I saw this dread and I kept thinking that he looked really familiar, but I just couldn't place him. As the band got ready to take a break, the singer said "And we are honored to have the Great Mikey Spice in the house" = I was floored! He got up and did a few songs, and ended up hanging out talking to us all night - nice guy - it was just so bizarre that of all nights I was listening to his CD on the way to the club, and there he was!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning everyone!

So, I have to share my awesome night last night. My friends were playing at this little dive bar in my town - everyone was going out, but I wasn't really in the mood and I was trying to write my papers. They finally pestered me enough that I said I would come down. I threw on jeans and a top, and headed out - I was in a mellow mood, so I put in a Mikey Spice CD on my way.

I got to the bar - totally crowded, many drunks, two of my exes - not what I was in the mood for. Then I saw this dread and I kept thinking that he looked really familiar, but I just couldn't place him. As the band got ready to take a break, the singer said "And we are honored to have the Great Mikey Spice in the house" = I was floored! He got up and did a few songs, and ended up hanging out talking to us all night - nice guy - it was just so bizarre that of all nights I was listening to his CD on the way to the club, and there he was!

wow! what a coincidence Sus!

morning yardies, couldnt sleep and just want this day to be over...LOL

Lucky u!

Have fun Honey, u deserve it! :dance:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey y'all. Have a safe trip Honey. I am going to miss your banter when you are gone. Enjoy your trip and do not think about those crazies that you work with. Have lots of fun and remember no tree climbing..lol :jest::jest:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
..me too I hate having to not be apart of mt girls every move..I am not looking going bac kto work whatsoever. I am going to be miserable, and have the biggest attitude and unproductive. I had 4mths with Kimora and it's killing me to leave Tahlia so early. My husband is also having a hard time with BUT what r we gonna do..He will have her most mornings since he works afternoons mostly...I guess I have to give thanks for having a job in these times. But i still hate it.

Everyone thinks Tahlia is Kimora's clone :) Kimora still gets wuite a a bit of attention enen though she's not the baby anymore..Planning a date to have their x-mas pics taken.

I stayed at home for 6 months with the first one and a year with this last one..Thank God every day I could!!

His dad looks after him from I leave at 6.30am until 3pm, and then my FIL looks after him from 3 until 4.30 when my MIL gets home. Then I pick him up at 6pm....Was lucky with my first too, two friends of mine from JA looked after him from he was a baby until he went to school...

This system in America is unnatural in my eyes, mothers should be able to spend AT LEAST the first 6 months with their babies at home.

isn't that the truth..i totally agree..unreal..this is probably a major reason why some women fall into post-partum depression...how could u leave this being u were carrying in u for 9mths after 6wks...unreal...

that was a good deal with the family healpin out..when hubby has to go work early my sis Godmother will have her..but still..she is not in MY arms.. :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Morning everyone!

Who is Mikey Spice?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.