SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Hey, it seems like everyone is poping in when everyone has left. Kimmy, how are you and the family? The Holidays are coming, so you will be out and about soon, with the girls and everyone will be giving them so much attention.

So, I guess you are dreading going back to work. I wish I didn't have to work so hard.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon all - I have been out and about all am, went to the mall and then to get a manicure / pedicure - Now I have to write a paper that I am so not motivated to do!

Lawny, prayers are with you, hang tough girl, you are the better person!

KK - I have a similar situation at work with a woman - not the gossip part, but the telling her business issues - it drives me nuts! I used to just listen - but it's gotten to the point that I just avoid her, because if she corners you you're stuck for an hour listening - It's really hard to deal with, I sympathize! As for the racial slurs, I wouldn't tolerate that, and I would tell her flat out - if she continues, then I would go to your manager - Is your manager someone you trust that you could go to confidentially? Maybe your manager can do something without it seeming like you initiated it.

As for the being open and sharing about my relationship - Some people at work know, not all - I am a private person too.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well it hear it is again, just me all alone, even jalove left me :crying:

i am horrible i am leaving at 2am and havent packed yet, i just havent had a spare second or so it seems. I have stuff tossed in my bag but nothing actually pared together. I have to be at my other job in 1 hour and 20 minutes and i feel as if im going crazy :blink: technically i was off today from job2 but i felt sorry for them since they were short staffed so volunteered to work 4 hours, in essence i did it to myself so i cant be mad. Hopefully, well actually tomorrow i will definitely come home from church and start washing clothes and packing. JA soon come. Im gonna have VJ withdrawals im certain, but i cant seem to get a net connection when im there so i just take my laptop to listen to music files i have saved and watch movies on the plane.

Sol i got your info, :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey, it seems like everyone is poping in when everyone has left. Kimmy, how are you and the family? The Holidays are coming, so you will be out and about soon, with the girls and everyone will be giving them so much attention.

So, I guess you are dreading going back to work. I wish I didn't have to work so hard.

Hey Rox we're all wonderful give thanks for life !! How about u?

..me too I hate having to not be apart of mt girls every move..I am not looking going bac kto work whatsoever. I am going to be miserable, and have the biggest attitude and unproductive. I had 4mths with Kimora and it's killing me to leave Tahlia so early. My husband is also having a hard time with BUT what r we gonna do..He will have her most mornings since he works afternoons mostly...I guess I have to give thanks for having a job in these times. But i still hate it.

Everyone thinks Tahlia is Kimora's clone :) Kimora still gets wuite a a bit of attention enen though she's not the baby anymore..Planning a date to have their x-mas pics taken.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

..me too I hate having to not be apart of mt girls every move..I am not looking going bac kto work whatsoever. I am going to be miserable, and have the biggest attitude and unproductive. I had 4mths with Kimora and it's killing me to leave Tahlia so early. My husband is also having a hard time with BUT what r we gonna do..He will have her most mornings since he works afternoons mostly...I guess I have to give thanks for having a job in these times. But i still hate it.

Everyone thinks Tahlia is Kimora's clone :) Kimora still gets wuite a a bit of attention enen though she's not the baby anymore..Planning a date to have their x-mas pics taken.

I stayed at home for 6 months with the first one and a year with this last one..Thank God every day I could!!

His dad looks after him from I leave at 6.30am until 3pm, and then my FIL looks after him from 3 until 4.30 when my MIL gets home. Then I pick him up at 6pm....Was lucky with my first too, two friends of mine from JA looked after him from he was a baby until he went to school...

This system in America is unnatural in my eyes, mothers should be able to spend AT LEAST the first 6 months with their babies at home.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
:cry: going back to my HOLE

Sorry I disappeared on a day when you really needed me. PM me and tell me what's up, Tre.

We got Andre's passport pictures taken yesterday to renew his passport from here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning Claire~

Spill it Sunny

Okay why are they playing Christmas music on the radio? I keep checking back to see if they are still playing it and they are. I don't know if they are playing a joke or what because I couldn't listen long enough to find out. Hope they really aren't going to play Christmas music from now until Christmas.

Who? Cause I'm not going to turn that station on. UGH.....I hate Christmas music except on Christmas Eve and Day.

They are giving away the Rockettes', Manheim Steamroller, and something else. Maybe it was for that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
This sad economy...My neighbors are putting their houses on the market???? I'm like what for...it's not going nowhere anytime soon. Only going to drive down the value of our homes..if they are desparate and sell cheap.

I have to admit that hubby push me up to buying a house before he came. Talking about how he don't pay rent in Jamaica and isn't planning on paying rent in US. He will be buying the house. He really liked my taste and the fact that I stayed within budget.

Okay back to work for me. I have a deadline that I'm lagging on. Just can't get the energy to focus and complete the task. ya feel me.

RG says the same thing about rent :wacko: .. I don't think he understands the concept may be a likkle different here though.. What all goes into buying a home, I personally wouldn't mind staying in an apt for a while until he gets settled. Sometimes u are blessed and find a really good deal for a great house, I did the first time around, but this time I really want to take my time and get THE house..

I was just digging in my purse and noticed I had new texts (we have to have our cells off at work) - A zillion please call me texts from an unknown JA number - so of course, I panicked - When I called it back, Mr. Wonderful has lost his cell again :wacko: and was he still with the friend whose phone he used to text me? :no:

I told his friend when he saw him, please tell him (a) don't send me texts like that when you know I am at work and ( B) call me back when you buy a bloodclaat phone!

oooooh sus!!! he gone HAVE to do better, I was on his side at first cuz i am just as bad a losing phones, but i am not that DYAM bad!!!

That's us too. Andre said we are moving ONE more time, into a house, and that is it. So, we have to really look carefully.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yesterday was crazy on the beach. I now know what ray and his friends have to deal with on a day by day basis. We were hanging out with all his friends who ride jetskis on the beach and I was chillin sitting in a tree taking in some cool breeze when all of a sudden I see all the jetskis running for their bikes and hitting the wata hard. The police guy arrived, but one of rays friends didn't pull out in time. The police guy stood in back of the bike and ray runs down there along with his friend and try to snatch the bike from the police. Well all I heard was a gun shot so I jump out the tree and run down there to get rays azz away and I hear another gun shot. The police shot again. I pulled rays azz back up there with me. All the people came out from their shops cussing the police. Ended up locked up his friend Geesie and taking his bike. Ray always talked about the ####### they have to put up with, but I was able to see it for myself yesterday.

Then after that was all over, everybody was out there cussing the police andd this one officer that was working on the other side of the beach came up to the fence and said something smart. They were cussing his tail out telling him to suck him mother and all kinds of craziness. Thry were all mad and yelling.

Today will be a better day. Sorry for typos. I'm on my blackberry.

Did ya'll noticed that Sunny was up in a TREE?

Ha.....I did too.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
mi knoa u a mess lawny.. u knoa mi a look ova yuh by now!!!

sol..u is a mess tuh.. :secret: watch 4 di extra check in di mail my gyal, zeen??

Can u imagine Sunny up in dat tree and she become di "BIONIC WOMAN" and jump dung fi save Ray LOL

i would have had the fire dept come get me out!!! :jest:

Ha ha......I see her hoisting Ray up and then scurrying after! You go, girl!

BIONIC WOMAN....now that is really funny.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Taboo No. 4: Gossiping

Rumors in the workplace are like gasoline on a trash-can fire -- they spread ... fast. While lighthearted conversations around the water cooler are one thing, standing around dishing about your co-workers is another. Unfortunately, it's a common scenario in most corporate cultures: 19 percent of workers in a 2007 CareerBuilder.com survey said they have spread a rumor about a fellow employee.

Our advice: Co-workers who gossip or spread ugly rumors can harm the work environment. Do your best to stay clear of these people. If you can't get away, at least avoid engaging in the tittle-tattle.

So, here's my issues:

It appears that I've been placed at work to sit next to the company gossip queen. She knows everythings that goes on at the company and even people personal lives. This is the first time I've ever been open to people at work on where I met my husband and the circumstances around being married to a Jamaican (K-1 visa stuff). So now I have this feeling that everyone in the company knows whatever I've told her. I'm a very private person and it's not like it's information to hide...but it's just not the kind you walk around wearing on your shoulder. I've only been sitting next to her for about two months (I didn't know her before that) and she has shared how she has had an abortion, who she is trying not to sleep with, etc. I personally wouldn't care to know these things. But I don't want to be rude and make it seem like I don't want to hear them. This has made me tell her somethings that I wouldn't shared otherwise. Do you think it's wrong for me to take a whole new approach and let her know that I don't want to hear any NEWS? Or should I just listen, and not make any comments?

Also, she uses racial slurs about other races (she's african american) and it bothers me. I have told her several times that you can't say those words and it's like them calling us the N word. But she still uses them, related to hispanic and asian people. She interupts me while I am working to have these conversations. Just how do I remove myself? Should I try? I could ask my manager to move me since I'm no where near my team..but I don't want to make it seems like I don't like the woman. But it's really starting to bother me.

How many of you have told people outside of your close friends and family about your relationship?

Thanks for reading my venting session.

I told everyone I talk to. I'm pretty much an open book. Character flaw!

I'm leaving on the 18th. I changed my return date. lol

Is Ray coming back with you?

That's what I was thinking.

Sunny, I am glad both you and Ray survived that incident unscathed.

No one asked the most important question after that whole story.......DID YOU END UP SPILLING YOUR DRINK OR NOT?????????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.