SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Lita, yeah, when they are babies, money is not the top thing on your list, it quality time w/family. I get 7 weeks, I have short and long term disability aswell. My short term starts on day 4 at 100% of my salary.

Rox who do you work for? I work for a company that owns hospitals and we don't have benefits like that. I had to use my PTO and EIB(advance sick) when I had the twins. My short term got denied so from then on it was unpaid. Short term only pays up to 60% of your salary for us. We just got flex time which has saved me I use that for appts and school stuff etc that is why I got about 2 weeks PTO saved up we get 6.7 hours every two weeks.

A major HealthCare company. CareFirst

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is the Bukum Cafe?

It's in Adams Morgan - My friend was on a scavenger hunt for reggae - She found that Storm was playing Sun night. They are a fun band - the menu looks good at this place too - it's Ghanian food. = http://www.bukom.com/

I think i been there. Its small and quaint. Music was nice and i had chicken yassa.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita, yeah, when they are babies, money is not the top thing on your list, it quality time w/family. I get 7 weeks, I have short and long term disability aswell. My short term starts on day 4 at 100% of my salary.

Rox who do you work for? I work for a company that owns hospitals and we don't have benefits like that. I had to use my PTO and EIB(advance sick) when I had the twins. My short term got denied so from then on it was unpaid. Short term only pays up to 60% of your salary for us. We just got flex time which has saved me I use that for appts and school stuff etc that is why I got about 2 weeks PTO saved up we get 6.7 hours every two weeks.

100%%???!!!!! WHAT!!

I cant remember what mine is but something like 60%

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, Sus, where are you'll staying on Sunday, you plan to drive back to BB-more after this affair. BB-more is an 1 hour away form downtown DC.

No, we are going to find a place closer to there - I don't have to be anywhere until the happy hour late Monday night, so we are making a mini vacation / shopping trip out of Sun / Monday - I was looking at Laurel, MD - but not sure of exactly where - Someplace clean and cheap, we just need a bed and a shower for one night!

Where is the Bukum Cafe?

It's in Adams Morgan - My friend was on a scavenger hunt for reggae - She found that Storm was playing Sun night. They are a fun band - the menu looks good at this place too - it's Ghanian food. = http://www.bukom.com/

I think i been there. Its small and quaint. Music was nice and i had chicken yassa.

The goat dish sounds really good - I have a Ghanian friend, I love Ghanian food - Interestingly - he's actually half JA half Ghanian - his Dad met his mom in JA and did the spousal visa to Ghana - My friend came over to the US on a student visa and got a job and his gc through work.

Actually yall, I just wanna be barefoot and pregnant!! I been sayin that forever and that is my real goal. Heck I been independent for too dang long. I got all I want and now I just wanna chill with the babies.

I am right there with you, that's what I want too!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sol, I carry 3 weeks over each year, and then I get 7 weeks at the start of each year, so I generally hve 10 weeks on the books.

I usually don't use the entire 7 weeks eah year, I have lost 1.5 weeks, because I didn't get to use all of my PTO.

Timeline
Who do u guys really think will win obama or mccain?? He look like he on his last leg.

My husband is soo into this election thing. Too bad he can't vote. He be campaigning for Obama at school, in grocery store, while walking the dog. He even talked me into letting him put a sticker in our front window... he wanted it on my car...but opted for the window.

Hey Ladies!!

My husband and his fam are all about this election too. The man is still in JA and rushes home from work to go watch the debate with his grandma. Last night I left work late so I called him and had him put the phone up to the tv so I could hear the debate while I rode the train home. We are crazy!! I cant belive i used so many minutes just to listen to the debate over the phone.

I was trying to be supportive of him and watch it with him..but I kept falling asleep. Not that it wasn't good..cause it was interesting. I was just tired. He really doesn't like McCain. I mean..he REALLY doesn't like McCain.

Then I called my little brother (he's 22) who lives in Florida to see if he is registered to vote. This fool tells me...he ain't voting...it's a bunch of nonsense...and both candiates can't be trusted. He has a consirpiracy that all politician are bad. So I talked to my mom..and she was like he told her to stay out of his business he's crazy. :wacko::wacko:

I know so many people like this and its so stupid. I mean, SOMEBODY is gonna be president. So choose the better of the two! Dont leave it to fate or some wackness!! Oh yeah, Obama really does hate McCain. You can see it that he's boiling over inside ready to one day just haul off on him rass!! I know that look....cause I have it for folks all the time.

100%%???!!!!! WHAT!!

Yeah, most short term only pays 60%, we get 100%, but everyones start day is different, after the 4th day in short term, I get 100% of my salary. So I would have to use 4 days of PTO, before using short-term disability.

Timeline
Where is the Bukum Cafe?

So, Sus, where are you'll staying on Sunday, you plan to drive back to BB-more after this affair. BB-more is an 1 hour away form downtown DC.

is it? not the way i drive hahaah more like 30 if i do 295 from down there

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Who do u guys really think will win obama or mccain?? He look like he on his last leg.

My husband is soo into this election thing. Too bad he can't vote. He be campaigning for Obama at school, in grocery store, while walking the dog. He even talked me into letting him put a sticker in our front window... he wanted it on my car...but opted for the window.

Hey Ladies!!

My husband and his fam are all about this election too. The man is still in JA and rushes home from work to go watch the debate with his grandma. Last night I left work late so I called him and had him put the phone up to the tv so I could hear the debate while I rode the train home. We are crazy!! I cant belive i used so many minutes just to listen to the debate over the phone.

I was trying to be supportive of him and watch it with him..but I kept falling asleep. Not that it wasn't good..cause it was interesting. I was just tired. He really doesn't like McCain. I mean..he REALLY doesn't like McCain.

Then I called my little brother (he's 22) who lives in Florida to see if he is registered to vote. This fool tells me...he ain't voting...it's a bunch of nonsense...and both candiates can't be trusted. He has a consirpiracy that all politician are bad. So I talked to my mom..and she was like he told her to stay out of his business he's crazy. :wacko::wacko:

I know so many people like this and its so stupid. I mean, SOMEBODY is gonna be president. So choose the better of the two! Dont leave it to fate or some wackness!! Oh yeah, Obama really does hate McCain. You can see it that he's boiling over inside ready to one day just haul off on him rass!! I know that look....cause I have it for folks all the time.

Did you'll see it last night, when Obama wanted to go ghetto on McCain. When he start rhythming, about the war. I was like brother, don't e-bonic him yet? Wait until the after party.

Timeline

I dont remember how long it took me to get to adams morgan from moms house i used to take route 40 west to route 29 straight then pass thru silver spring n keep goin till i cant go no more then make a left on some street i dont recall the street but it took me right to adams morgan

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

No, we are going to find a place closer to there - I don't have to be anywhere until the happy hour late Monday night, so we are making a mini vacation / shopping trip out of Sun / Monday - I was looking at Laurel, MD - but not sure of exactly where - Someplace clean and cheap, we just need a bed and a shower for one night!

Where is the Bukum Cafe?

The goat dish sounds really good - I have a Ghanian friend, I love Ghanian food - Interestingly - he's actually half JA half Ghanian - his Dad met his mom in JA and did the spousal visa to Ghana - My friend came over to the US on a student visa and got a job and his gc through work.

Actually yall, I just wanna be barefoot and pregnant!! I been sayin that forever and that is my real goal. Heck I been independent for too dang long. I got all I want and now I just wanna chill with the babies.

I am right there with you, that's what I want too!

My sis works with a Ghanian girl who has the hook up on all the places to get goat in town!! :dance: Woo Hoo! She even know a ranch where you can pick a fresh goat and they.....you know... :whistle:

Timeline

100%%???!!!!! WHAT!!

I been on STD since June 13 and still gettin 100% im so thankful bout that one! Then when the baby comes i get the 6-8 weeks maternity.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Hey Ladies!!

Did you'll see it last night, when Obama wanted to go ghetto on McCain. When he start rhythming, about the war. I was like brother, don't e-bonic him yet? Wait until the after party.

:rofl: hahaha!!! I know!! I was like BARACK!!! Dont do it!!

Where is the Bukum Cafe?

is it? not the way i drive hahaah more like 30 if i do 295 from down there

JaLove, it's 30 mins from the harbor to the 95S or NY ave exit to DC. You must be driving really fast, I was working at the bld in downtown BB, and I couldn't get home sooner, than 45 mins. So, I might agree that you might hit the welcome to DC sign in about 35 mins, then she has to get to Adams Morgan.

I dont remember how long it took me to get to adams morgan from moms house i used to take route 40 west to route 29 straight then pass thru silver spring n keep goin till i cant go no more then make a left on some street i dont recall the street but it took me right to adams morgan

It's Georgia Ave from downtown Silver Spring.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I am heading home for the night - I have unread emails, unheard voicemails, ####### all over my desk - But I don't care anymore, lol! I am the only idiot still here so I am done!

Have a good night if I don't get back on later!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.