SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus , is the 26th a Monday, the Muffin Man is a great spot.

Nope, the 26th is a Sunday - My friend is tagging along - I think we are going to go to the Bukum Cafe in DC Sunday night to see Storm and stay somewhere near there - The 27th on we will be in BMore at the Sheraton Inner Harbor - I am not paying those prices when it's my money, lol - My company pays those nights

Where is the Bukum Cafe?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Who do u guys really think will win obama or mccain?? He look like he on his last leg.

My husband is soo into this election thing. Too bad he can't vote. He be campaigning for Obama at school, in grocery store, while walking the dog. He even talked me into letting him put a sticker in our front window... he wanted it on my car...but opted for the window.

Hey Ladies!!

My husband and his fam are all about this election too. The man is still in JA and rushes home from work to go watch the debate with his grandma. Last night I left work late so I called him and had him put the phone up to the tv so I could hear the debate while I rode the train home. We are crazy!! I cant belive i used so many minutes just to listen to the debate over the phone.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
KK, with children it should always be benefits over $$$$$. The $$$$$ will come later. I get 7 weeks of PTO every year, and I wouldn't trade it for $$$$$. I work from home at least 2 days a week. On my work from home days, those are my dr. appt days, school functions etc.

This is the type of place I want to work for. Where you work? WOW 7 weeks PTO? I get 3 weeks PTO, and thats it as far as time off. I get 11 weeks for a birth, but then I also have Longterm disability which can extend that. But if I can work it out to stay at home for 2 days a week after a baby that would be great.

Actually yall, I just wanna be barefoot and pregnant!! I been sayin that forever and that is my real goal. Heck I been independent for too dang long. I got all I want and now I just wanna chill with the babies.

Who do u guys really think will win obama or mccain?? He look like he on his last leg.

My husband is soo into this election thing. Too bad he can't vote. He be campaigning for Obama at school, in grocery store, while walking the dog. He even talked me into letting him put a sticker in our front window... he wanted it on my car...but opted for the window.

Hey Ladies!!

My husband and his fam are all about this election too. The man is still in JA and rushes home from work to go watch the debate with his grandma. Last night I left work late so I called him and had him put the phone up to the tv so I could hear the debate while I rode the train home. We are crazy!! I cant belive i used so many minutes just to listen to the debate over the phone.

I was trying to be supportive of him and watch it with him..but I kept falling asleep. Not that it wasn't good..cause it was interesting. I was just tired. He really doesn't like McCain. I mean..he REALLY doesn't like McCain.

Then I called my little brother (he's 22) who lives in Florida to see if he is registered to vote. This fool tells me...he ain't voting...it's a bunch of nonsense...and both candiates can't be trusted. He has a consirpiracy that all politician are bad. So I talked to my mom..and she was like he told her to stay out of his business he's crazy. :wacko::wacko:

Timeline
KK, with children it should always be benefits over $$$. The $$$ will come later. I get 7 weeks of PTO every year, and I wouldn't trade it for $$$. I work from home at least 2 days a week. On my work from home days, those are my dr. appt days, school functions etc.

This is the type of place I want to work for. Where you work? WOW 7 weeks PTO? I get 3 weeks PTO, and thats it as far as time off. I get 11 weeks for a birth, but then I also have Longterm disability which can extend that. But if I can work it out to stay at home for 2 days a week after a baby that would be great.

Actually yall, I just wanna be barefoot and pregnant!! I been sayin that forever and that is my real goal. Heck I been independent for too dang long. I got all I want and now I just wanna chill with the babies.

i really dont wanna go back to work i wanna stay off 3 more months! if i do leave of absense they may be like what u been off since june girl maybe i should try it see if they say yay or nay

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

HahaHAAAA!! I just say JG siggie and that is one of the funiest things I have seen in a long time!! It made me laugh til I cried. I am gonna always look at that when I need a laugh.

Lita, yeah, when they are babies, money is not the top thing on your list, it quality time w/family. I get 7 weeks, I have short and long term disability aswell. My short term starts on day 4 at 100% of my salary.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is the Bukum Cafe?

It's in Adams Morgan - My friend was on a scavenger hunt for reggae - She found that Storm was playing Sun night. They are a fun band - the menu looks good at this place too - it's Ghanian food. = http://www.bukom.com/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

i am w/ u oh the FLL thing Rox.. the 6 mnths RG was there I saw him 3 times.. so I know w/ the cheap rates to JA.. i wouldn't mind coming and going whenever possible.. i would just work extra when I am here so I don't use all my leave...

KK, with children it should always be benefits over $$$. The $$$ will come later. I get 7 weeks of PTO every year, and I wouldn't trade it for $$$. I work from home at least 2 days a week. On my work from home days, those are my dr. appt days, school functions etc.

i really dont wanna go back to work i wanna stay off 3 more months! if i do leave of absense they may be like what u been off since june girl maybe i should try it see if they say yay or nay

JaLove I did 4 months off w/Brycie and it was great. I neogiated everything before I had the babay, and got what I wanted, but when I did go back to work, I did leave that department and worked in another one. It was fine w/me because the VP, was a mother who understood.

Timeline
Where is the Bukum Cafe?

It's in Adams Morgan - My friend was on a scavenger hunt for reggae - She found that Storm was playing Sun night. They are a fun band - the menu looks good at this place too - it's Ghanian food. = http://www.bukom.com/

Okay, I love Adams Morgan. Menu looks good :thumbs:

Timeline
Lita, yeah, when they are babies, money is not the top thing on your list, it quality time w/family. I get 7 weeks, I have short and long term disability aswell. My short term starts on day 4 at 100% of my salary.

Rox who do you work for? I work for a company that owns hospitals and we don't have benefits like that. I had to use my PTO and EIB(advance sick) when I had the twins. My short term got denied so from then on it was unpaid. Short term only pays up to 60% of your salary for us. We just got flex time which has saved me I use that for appts and school stuff etc that is why I got about 2 weeks PTO saved up we get 6.7 hours every two weeks.

Edited by solsoeur

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Where is the Bukum Cafe?

So, Sus, where are you'll staying on Sunday, you plan to drive back to BB-more after this affair. BB-more is an 1 hour away form downtown DC.

Timeline
that;s funny..

when my daugh had her appendix removed, she had some residents come in too.. one time it was like 6am and I was sleep on the couch.. abuot 10 of them come in and look and walk out LOL

haha, they do this is JA too! When I was at the hospital in St. Anns, the doc come by my bed at all kinds of un-Godly hours with residents to look at me. i had never experienced that before and I didnt know what they thought was wrong with me, it started scaring me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.