Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The house prices here have actually gone down lol...imagine wat they were like before the big crisis :wacko:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WOW!!!

sus I plan to have a big party here in the states too.. I want to do an engagement party here since the wedding will be very small.. We can really get our party on here with my family and friends and hopefully rack up on some money for filing the visa..(oops did I say that??? ;) )

That way nobody feels pressured to come to JA, my mom is deathly claustrophobic, i don't know if she will make the plane ride.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey ladies wha gwaan, well im somewhat calmed down after my mom somewhat apologized for overstepping her boundaries but i swear to freakin god, sunday cant come soon enough so i can get the hell outta here.

CONGRATS SUNNY and RAY...LOL

SOL, feel better girl,,, alright im off to choir rehearsal,,, later ladies

Timeline

honey u so crazy girl..

seems I remember somebody telling me a news story, this lady had went to Nigeria to get married and left her kids at home.. I forgot how the authorities got involved. Girl u know ur mama gonna be back on the good foot by the time its time for u to go.. hope u feeling bettr now.. what kind of truck did u get??

Timeline
sus i wish i could apply now too. not sure what effects the election will have but I am forced to roll with it.. my divorce may not be final for another 4 mnths.

For real girl, i wish I could have applied in September.. my friend w/ the fiance from Nigeria got her NOA 1 and NOA 2 in a matter of days, her case left NVC and is already awaiting a interview date!!! I think Portland had the same kind of timeline..

That's the position I am in too - I have EVERYTHING filled out and ready to go, it just needs to be dated - And it has all been sitting that way since last March - I would have filed at the same time as Sunny, having our interview now and be on our way home! :crying:

But, life will be what it will be - I am trying to believe in the line about good things come to those who wait but it's damn hard.

However, if things are final by my next trip and we get married, then my over organized azz did all the paper work I did already for nothing, lol - Because I would have to start over and fill out the I-130!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
sus i wish i could apply now too. not sure what effects the election will have but I am forced to roll with it.. my divorce may not be final for another 4 mnths.

For real girl, i wish I could have applied in September.. my friend w/ the fiance from Nigeria got her NOA 1 and NOA 2 in a matter of days, her case left NVC and is already awaiting a interview date!!! I think Portland had the same kind of timeline..

That's the position I am in too - I have EVERYTHING filled out and ready to go, it just needs to be dated - And it has all been sitting that way since last March - I would have filed at the same time as Sunny, having our interview now and be on our way home! :crying:

But, life will be what it will be - I am trying to believe in the line about good things come to those who wait but it's damn hard.

However, if things are final by my next trip and we get married, then my over organized azz did all the paper work I did already for nothing, lol - Because I would have to start over and fill out the I-130!

yes ma'am gotta keep thinking that everything happens in its due season.. so u were originally gonna do the K1, but now u are thinking of doing the spouse visa huh?? why the change of heart?

Timeline
I have actually posted his picture on a few sites and told women if you see this man, Run the other way as fast as you can. You've never heard me talk about jacka$$? That's what my phone says when he calls and his ring tone is "Shut up" by the Black Eyed Peas.

No way!! :no: Tell me this one. How'd you find him??

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
what it do ladies..

kimmy, yuh a jester u are girlie :jest:

sorry lawny.. i was out and about, I met w/ a lawyer today that was as FREAKING a HOLE!!!! I don't know if he was some father's rights fanatic or a racist, but he was SOOOOO rude to me. I couldn't believe it.. I stayed all of 5 minutes..

At first I was like okay he is gonna be a fireball in court, but then he started talking down to me.. "how did u think u were gonna fix, what u couldn't fix in 7 years?" (when i told him I was gonna try and do this w/out lawyers)

"what do u mean he is not ALLOWING u to see ur kids, what time do u get off from work?" (when I told him that ex would go pick up kids b4 me) i had to get up and leave and bawled my eyes out in the car.. I am getting sooo tired of this drama.. :crying:

can my ex and that rassclaat lawyer get on whatever it is ya'll talking bout :P

Dance, you okay? That sounds like one heck of a mess.

Timeline

Sus, are you going to do K3 or CR1?

Timeline
yes ma'am gotta keep thinking that everything happens in its due season.. so u were originally gonna do the K1, but now u are thinking of doing the spouse visa huh?? why the change of heart?

We were planning on the K1 - at the time, it seemed the fastest route - But I have been watching timelines, and it seems like right now the K3 is only about a month or so behind the K1 - so I don't know - we'll see what happens when I get there - if we get married, it will definitely be a small private thing, nothing fancy nothing planned - I still go back and forth on which way to go -

Sus, are you going to do K3 or CR1?

It will either be K1 or K3 - I don't have the patience for the CR1 - I give everyone going that route so much credit, I would be shooting someone!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

All right, Island. I PM'd you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
what it do ladies..

kimmy, yuh a jester u are girlie :jest:

sorry lawny.. i was out and about, I met w/ a lawyer today that was as FREAKING a HOLE!!!! I don't know if he was some father's rights fanatic or a racist, but he was SOOOOO rude to me. I couldn't believe it.. I stayed all of 5 minutes..

At first I was like okay he is gonna be a fireball in court, but then he started talking down to me.. "how did u think u were gonna fix, what u couldn't fix in 7 years?" (when i told him I was gonna try and do this w/out lawyers)

"what do u mean he is not ALLOWING u to see ur kids, what time do u get off from work?" (when I told him that ex would go pick up kids b4 me) i had to get up and leave and bawled my eyes out in the car.. I am getting sooo tired of this drama.. :crying:

can my ex and that rassclaat lawyer get on whatever it is ya'll talking bout :P

Dance, you okay? That sounds like one heck of a mess.

girl its hard.. last week was my week and he picked them up b4 I could and hung up in face when I tried to talk w/ him about it. Yet while I was in FL, he was nowhere to be found while I am making calls trying to get my oldest to her leadership class on Sat. They called and called and I finally asked my mom would she just drop her off at his house Sunday night.

I am sorry but i wish he was a deadbeat dad sometimes, I wish he would just go away. The lawyer made me feel so small. Telling me don't answer a question

I had money too. I really thought this was gonna be my silver lining, but oh well, I know my breakthrough is on its way..

Timeline

You have rights, Dance. Do not let him do this to you. Fight it, girl. Fight it with all you have.

It used to be a man's game. That is not true anymore. And, so what if he can pick them up first.....it should be what is best for the children ALL the time. A good lawyer and a good judge will fight for just that. If need be, have them appoint a guardian ad litem for the kids and have someone without underlying issues think about what is best for those kids.

He's playing you. Don't let him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.