w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Washington Times: Illegal immigrants to blame for credit crisis

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If Congress and the White House are genuinely interested in fixing some of the structural problems behind the mortgage meltdown, here are three things that could actually help the situation:

* Cut or eliminate corporate income taxes. Instead of spending $700 billion to bail out the mortgage industry and banks, give the economy a real boost by cutting corporate tax rates. The United States has the second-highest corporate-income-tax rates among industrialized countries. This tax steals money from IRAs, 401k plans and workers' pension plans. Cutting the tax would send a message to the private sector that Washington will reward productive, entrepreneurial activity instead of throwing good money after bad.

* Cut the capital gains tax. This tax is a monument to liberalism's perverse interest in redistributing wealth and penalizing "the rich" - even if it destroys economic growth and jobs in the process. Dating back to 1969, the federal government has repeatedly increased the capital-gains tax, losing money virtually every time. On the other hand, when the tax was cut, revenues increased. As with the income tax, cutting capital gains would be one of the best things Congress and the president can do for the economy (and for those in the banking industry and housing industrial complex who would sulk at the loss of "their" $700 billion).

* Carefully examine the link between illegal immigration and the mortgage mess. Columnist Michelle Malkin writes on her blog that many of the areas hardest hit by the foreclosure wave, among them Loudoun County, Va., happen to be some of the largest illegal-alien sanctuaries. She points out that amnesty-promoting groups like the National Council of La Raza have received millions in federal funds to counsel their clients on obtaining mortgages with virtually no money down, and Mrs. Malkin has reported how major banks like Wachovia and Bank of America have launched campaigns soliciting business from illegal aliens.

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/sep/30/...out-that-wasnt/

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah yeah blame the brown man,

Irresponsable spending and credit, it is what it is.

I'm just waiting to hear that we are the ones to blame for the JFK assassination, the dissapearance of Jimmy Hoffa, 9/11, and the reason why Clay Aiken is gay.

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, of course. They worked their way all the way down the excuse list to immigration.

I heard somebody wants to give all Americans $425,000 each instead of the way they were heading. These guys must really have some good Ganga up there in D.C.!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

no money down + no income verification = mortgage

Stupid..... Regardless of skin color.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Really, I'm starting to think that my mom was all WRONG.

She used to tell me, "Mijo, money doesn't grow on trees."

Well, the way I see it right now, our dear government is doing just that, but this time the money is growing out of the printing machines.

Damn it, why did I get a college education? Maybe everything she taught me IS wrong :(

Edited by GueraYTavo

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

yeap, it was indeed a Muslim plot to ruin the usa banking institutions....with help from the illegals..global warming zealots and commies for christ

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

* Carefully examine the link between illegal immigration and the mortgage mess. Columnist Michelle Malkin writes on her blog that many of the areas hardest hit by the foreclosure wave, among them Loudoun County, Va., happen to be some of the largest illegal-alien sanctuaries. She points out that amnesty-promoting groups like the National Council of La Raza have received millions in federal funds to counsel their clients on obtaining mortgages with virtually no money down, and Mrs. Malkin has reported how major banks like Wachovia and Bank of America have launched campaigns soliciting business from illegal aliens.

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/sep/30/...out-that-wasnt/

Well I just so happen to live in this county and yes illegal immigration has affected the housing situation, as it has with every other service in the county.

Due to the construction boom and frivolous lending practices, you had a situation where undocumented people purchased houses without any verification. As the construction industry dried up, a lot have now picked up and left. Since they are undocumented they clearly have nothing to loose. How did they afford $500K+ homes, quite easily actually. Two or three families lived in the same house. Plus for obvious reasons, their income was never verified.

Now, once again, the legitimate county tax payers are left to foot the bill.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Oh noes! I see brown people!

In other words nothing legitimate to say apart from resorting to bull #######.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline
Due to the construction boom and frivolous lending practices, you had a situation where undocumented people purchased houses without any verification. As the construction industry dried up, a lot have now picked up and left.

They're leaving???

But I thought they were part of the Reconquista army?!?!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
Well I just so happen to live in this county and yes illegal immigration has affected the housing situation, as it has with every other service in the county.

Due to the construction boom and frivolous lending practices, you had a situation where undocumented people purchased houses without any verification. As the construction industry dried up, a lot have now picked up and left. Since they are undocumented they clearly have nothing to loose. How did they afford $500K+ homes, quite easily actually. Two or three families lived in the same house. Plus for obvious reasons, their income was never verified.

Now, once again, the legitimate county tax payers are left to foot the bill.

And let me guess...you think Sarah Palin is the best in leading this country in case Grandpa McCain decides to part this world. Hahaha you live in a bubble my friend :whistle:

I don't deny that some illegal immigrants have done it, BUT to blame them for this s!hithole we are in is completely nuts. It's equivalent to blaming Pelossi and her speech for all those Republicans that voted against the bailout. We are NOT that stupid, at least some of us.

Edited by GueraYTavo

01/25/13 Check cashed