Besame Mucho

Calling all GIs ......

60 posts in this topic

Kumusta kayo apo? GI din po ako. Siyak ni Marie. Taga Alicia Isabela nak. Idiay nak naiyanak. Taga Forestville, CA atoy lakay ko. Asidig kami dita Vallejo ngem saanak pay nakaapan idiay. Jasmin, mucho gusto encantarlo. My husband is bilingual and yo ablo espanol un poco. I hope we meet one time when you come to Vallejo. Ammok mit agluto ti igado ngem madi naimas. Madi na kayat ni lakay ko. Adobo lang ti kayat na isunga kanayon nak nagluto ti adobo. Mahirap amg-type sa Ilocano dialect. Sorry sa mga mistakes ko dito. Nice to meet you guys. - Marie

To everybody who answered this roll call, dios ti agngina kadacayo amin.

To Jasmine - I wish you the best of luck in Vallejo. Ladingitek ta saan ko met nga ammo ti agluto ti igado.

To Roy and Yazi - Although we were at odds before regarding the off-topic thread, lets shake hands!

To AJAnTess - Thank you, manong. You know, your fiancee, Senorita Teresita, and I are friends now through VJ. Do you remember when Tessie and I were posting in Spanish and Sheriff Uling reprimanded us?

To all of you kailian, comusta cayo amin. Saan yo nga liplipatan ti makipaammo ditoy VJ nga Ilocano cayo.

Linda Martinez

Hi Marie sana makapagmeet tayo. Adda kabagiak didiay Alicia, Isabela. Casiñas ti apelyido da. Saan nga siak adiay ammo na ti agSpanish...ni Besame Mucho ken ni Senorita Teresita adiay. Sana makapagkita ta. Di ba sika adiay tiga Sebastopol? Nabayag ka ditan? Siak ni Oct 18 flight agpaVallejo akon. Kayat ko ngarud nga iparaman ken fiance ko ti Igado ngem nakababain baka hanna magustuan ta hammet nga igado ti raman na. Sige ngarud dios to agina.

Wen Jasmin kayat ko met nga maam-ammo ka. Sige ngarud nu adattoy kan let's meet one time. Aisidg ka gayam mapan ditoy. Mabalin ka ag-email kanyak. Kitaem diyay profile ko. Adda email address ko diyay. Wen, asidig kami diyay Sebastopol. Idiyay kami mapmapan ni lakay ko nu ag-grocery kami diyay Safeway asidig met ngamen ditoy Forestville. Maysa tawin ko pay laeng ditoy. Napanak ditoy idi September 2007. Mapan kami dita Vallejo tun December. Kayat ko makita adiyay dakkil kano nga Filipino Store. Mapan kami ngamin diyay LA. Taga diyay inang ni lakay ko. Idiay kami LA ag-Christmas. Dumagas kami diyay Vallejo. On the way ngamin nu mapan ka diyay LA. Goodluck and best wishes sa'yo and congratulations sa fiance mo. Sapay kuma kayat na adiyay igado mo. Taga Sampaloc nak diyay Manila at agtratrabaho ak diyay Valero Makati bago ak napan ditoy. Nice to meet you ngarud.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Roy and Yazi - Although we were at odds before regarding the off-topic thread, lets shake hands!

Linda Martinez

no harm, no foul :thumbs:handshake.gif

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

My wife is from Baguio and is Ibaloi/Kankanee. Her native dialect is Ilocano though.

I guess she's a Genuine Igorota? :hehe:

She'll be joining me in Olympia, Washington hopefully by Christmas.

Timeline

03-05-2007 Met Jan online

07-05-2007 Flew to the Philippines to meet Jan

10-02-2007 2nd trip to the P.I.

10-04-2007 Obtained "Legal Capacity to Marry" document at the US Embassy in Manila

10-05-2007 Talked to Jan's father about my intentions

10-05-2007 Proposed to Jan

10-08-2007 Applied for marriage license

10-13-2007 Talked to Pastor at St Stephen's Lutheran Church in Baguio

12-22-2007 Our wedding day

04-01-2008 I-130 package sent

04-03-2008 4th trip to the P.I.

04-14-2008 NOA1 received

07-17-2008 NOA2 email received

07-22-2008 NVC Case# generated

07-28-2008 AOS fee paid

07-31-2008 5th trip to the P.I.

08-11-2008 Choice of agent form sent

08-15-2008 Jan attends CFO seminar

08-21-2008 AOS package sent

08-22-2008 Jan applies for passport

08-25-2008 IV Bill received

08-25-2008 IV Bill paid online

09-11-2008 Jan gets her passport

09-12-2008 DS-230 package sent

09-23-2008 Case Complete at NVC

10-03-2008 Appointment made

10-11-2008 Appointment letter received

11-13-2008 Interview date

12-12-2008 HK police clearance sent to NVC

01-15-2009 Manila receives HK police clearance and gives final visa approval

01-16-2009 "SHIPMENT RELEASED BY EMBASSY"

01-21-2009 Visa delivered!

02-09-2009 Flight to Seattle

My wife is from Baguio and is Ibaloi/Kankanee. Her native dialect is Ilocano though.

I guess she's a Genuine Igorota? :hehe:

She'll be joining me in Olympia, Washington hopefully by Christmas.

Yes, she is indeed a Genuine Ilocana. I have a friend who is from Baguio City and she is Ilocana.

Hokey Smoke!

Hello Everyone...I also am genuine Ilocana....Taga Pasuquin ni Nanang ko,(Pascua Family)taga Apayao met ni Tatang ko ngem naiyanakak idiay Luna Apayao...Agigianak itatta ditoy manila pangur urayak ti panangilakad ko ti pepeles ko,bareng a no suertien metten:)....Tay nobiok ket taga Tampa, Florida....

Adtoy met Ti Igado recipe para Kenka pinoy pinay :)

Igado

Ingredients :

1/4 pound each pork butt, liver, heart and kidney , cubed

2 tablespoons green peas

salt to taste

1/2 cup iloco vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup bell pepper

1 tablespoon garlic

Directions

Soak pork liver in vinegar. Saute garlic and pork butt in cooking oil until golden brown. Add pork heart, pork kidney and soaked pork liver. Add soy sauce. Simmer until all meats are tender and sauce is thick enough. Add green peas and bell pepper.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone...I also am genuine Ilocana....Taga Pasuquin ni Nanang ko,(Pascua Family)taga Apayao met ni Tatang ko ngem naiyanakak idiay Luna Apayao...Agigianak itatta ditoy manila pangur urayak ti panangilakad ko ti pepeles ko,bareng a no suertien metten:)....Tay nobiok ket taga Tampa, Florida....

Adtoy met Ti Igado recipe para Kenka pinoy pinay :)

Igado

Ingredients :

1/4 pound each pork butt, liver, heart and kidney , cubed

2 tablespoons green peas

salt to taste

1/2 cup iloco vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup bell pepper

1 tablespoon garlic

Directions

Soak pork liver in vinegar. Saute garlic and pork butt in cooking oil until golden brown. Add pork heart, pork kidney and soaked pork liver. Add soy sauce. Simmer until all meats are tender and sauce is thick enough. Add green peas and bell pepper.

Hi dios ti agina diay recipe. Actually pinadas ko adiay kasta na style ti pagluto ngem saan ko nga maala dyay raman ti luto dagiti kasinsin ko isunga agpasuro nakto no agawidak no weekends. imbag ta umad adu tayon a GI ta ngamin kaaduan na ditoy ket Bisaya. Good luck ken God bless diay papers mo!....jasmine

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Hi Jasmine:)....Kunak ngarud no siak la ti GI ditoy VJ,ken siyempre naragsakak met nga makaamo nga adu met gayam ti kailliak...Ti sekreto laeng ti recipe no maminsan ket Corn flour pangpapalet ti sauce na....

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Awan sa met ti pada tayo nga Ilocanon. Saanak a mamati nga innem tayo laeng ditoy. Ay, daguitoy Visaya nagadu da apo. Sapay coma ta adda pay sumungbat ditoy roll call ... !!!

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is from Laoag too. What Brgy are you from. Sorry I dont speak Ilocano, even though I live in Hawaii and most of my friends are FBI. There are many Ilocanos here, esp here on Kauai. I guess half the Island is Filipino and 90% are Ilocano. So my wife has no culture shock here. In fact at times, I have the culture shock here.

Awan sa met ti pada tayo nga Ilocanon. Saanak a mamati nga innem tayo laeng ditoy. Ay, daguitoy Visaya nagadu da apo. Sapay coma ta adda pay sumungbat ditoy roll call ... !!!

Panagkunak bassit laeng ti ilocano nga miyembro ti VJ ta ngamin busy unay ti ilocano,no ammom ti

kayat ko nga iparangarang,kabasbasak to pay tay insungbat mo kaniak idiay bisaya thread Besame (ania ngamin ti nadayaw nga nagan mo aya ?) tawagennak laengen ti Mj in short ti Mery jane

Edited by RickMj

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Wen ngarud ay apo! Nagado nga bisaya ditoy. kasla da la gremlins. Adda naamammok ng pinay diyay trabaho ngem taga bisaya met isuna. Taga Bohol kano.

Hokey Smoke!

Timeline
My wife is from Laoag too. What Brgy are you from. Sorry I dont speak Ilocano, even though I live in Hawaii and most of my friends are FBI. There are many Ilocanos here, esp here on Kauai. I guess half the Island is Filipino and 90% are Ilocano. So my wife has no culture shock here. In fact at times, I have the culture shock here.

I was born and raised in the town proper and now I reside in Metro Manila where I work. I got lots of relatives in Waipahu in Oahu, they say there are lots of GI or FBI there too. Yeah, I'm pretty sure your wife will never miss the Philippines there in Kauai. I think you'll be the one who will be lost in the maddening crowd ... Mahalo & aloha! :thumbs:

Edited by Besame Mucho

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Timeline

Panagkunak bassit laeng ti ilocano nga miyembro ti VJ ta ngamin busy unay ti ilocano,no ammom ti

kayat ko nga iparangarang,kabasbasak to pay tay insungbat mo kaniak idiay bisaya thread Besame (ania ngamin ti nadayaw nga nagan mo aya ?) tawagennak laengen ti Mj in short ti Mery jane

Mery Jane, Linda ti nagan ko. Linda Martinez. Talaga nga adu ti Visaya niya? Ay, ania ti ar-aramidenta diay Visayan thread? Comusta daguita papeles mo?

Timeline

Wen ngarud ay apo! Nagado nga bisaya ditoy. kasla da la gremlins. Adda naamammok ng pinay diyay trabaho ngem taga bisaya met isuna. Taga Bohol kano.

Hi Marie - Ammomon nga daytay post mo nga Getting a Job upon Arrival in USA ket inyalis met diay moderator. Adda metten diay Working Before Getting a Green Card thread. Adda comments ko diay thread mo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.