• While they were visiting the U.S.

60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Window shoping???? LMAO JJ you crack me up... did the same thing to my man... gf set me up on my yearbook and i refused to comment on anyone so we went man to man to man I kept saying no no no way in He77 but then his face popped up and i stopped before i could say anythign she said "Admire" for me... the rest well years later waiten for him stateside insha'allah soon.

Edited by Rajaa_Reda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met my hubby on MySpace. I wasn't looking, but he was and sent the first contact. After that we were on yahoo chatting till both of our wee hours daily. Then all the sudden, I went to Cairo. Never been out of the country before that. We had talked about getting married, but didn't decide on anything till after I was there a few days. And now, after 2 years and almost 4 months, I can't imagine life without him in it. God blessed me real big! :wub::wub::wub:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I met my husband on myspace. Back then I blogged a lot on all kinds of subjects from daily life stuff to politics. One day I posted something with the topic "Your opinion on Iraq". I suggested in the post for people to say real things that should be done about the war rather than just rant that it is bad or good. Well, it happened to reach the top ten political blogs by the next day and my husband saw it. He left a comment on there and mentioned that he usually gets blasted when talking about his view of the war, but wanted to say his point anyway. Well, I was the type that so long as no one was rude or too agressive in my blogs, then they were free to post what they wanted. Nothing he said was bad or angry or anything. Just really good suggestions. Anyway, that got us to talking and before long we were on yahoo messenger chatting all the time. Eventually we decided to meet up and if things went well we would get married. As you can see, things went well and we got married. We actually deleted both our myspace accounts a couple months before getting married though. Too much drama on there.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
awwww Tina mashallah you've been so long without him..so close to what's the hold up??? Egypt seems to be difficult for immergrants lately

Thank you RR. We never know what the hold up is. It's always AP, but he has been approved and had his interview. Now we are just waiting for his visa. We hope it will be soon, but you never know with Cairo. It seems like a dream always just out of reach. But we'll get there one day. We are determined and have faith.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

He had met an American lady (who was marrying his best friend) and she recommended him seek out an American wife. He searched for more than a year but didn't find anybody he felt shared his interests. Then he found me in the Yahoo member directory...I wanted nothing to do with him but decided it would be ok to be friends. Slowly, over time, I realized we had so many things in common. I had grilled him about his beliefs of marriage, raising children, lifestyle, plans for the future....everything while he didn't ask anything from me. I still didn't want more than a friendship when he asked me to meet the lady that was engaged to his best friend. I agreed and it turned out that she and I were also very similar. After quite a few months of her telling me how great this man was and how well he took care of her while her SO was at work or wherever....I finally allowed myself to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him have a chance. She said she was going to travel to Jordan soon and invited me to go along so I would feel safe (if this doesn't make sense, just ask me later how I really felt about going to Jordan alone...well...going to Jordan period). Well, I agreed to go with her and after meeting him in person, there was no doubt that this was the man that I had been waiting for. We were married in Jordan on December 7, 2004 and that's only the beginning....................

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

None of the above... met in France - he was knocking on my window so he could repaint the window pain :blush: It took him about 3 hrs to finish that one little window pane :whistle:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

look at the love stories!!!!

SS We both had to cancel our accounts too.... it was too much funny now my husband would freak if i mentioned going online other than visa journey now.

Seria~ those moroccan men sure now how to make us miss them dont they...is it their eyes? the way they talk? I don't know but they sure now how to get into a woman's head and heart don't they?

Amal, you sound like me when i first went to morocco....i had soooo many back up plans for back up plans to "escape" morocco on my first visit including having gold and diamonds sewed into my coat to secret words to politicans in an email. lol i know a little over the top right?

PB next time you need anything painted...may I suggest you hire someone???? lol I know cause you are a hotty and he couldn't stop taking his eyes of you.

The Big Yard....Scotland???? WTH? I would love to go!!!! for romance and intrigue

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met my hubby on an online dating service. We started talking periodically and then all of a sudden we were talking me coming to Morocco!!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had been single for many years, dated alot, and basically had a bad opinion of all men. Especially Arab men after dating one for four years, and witnessing all of the lying and cheating that all of his friends (and him) was doing. I signed up on a dating website that had one free week. I wasn't really looking for a relationship, just was goofing off. Within the first few days I received an interest from my husband. My first response was "very handsome, to young, to far away". he kept talking anyway, and since I figured he was trying to find a woman to use for a green card I decided to play along. I figured that if he was low enough to use a woman he deserved it. He had an ex brother in law and niece that lives not far from my house, and called him and talked to him about me. His ex brother in law called me and invited me to dinner. Normally I would not have gone to a strangers house for dinner, but he was so personable, so I went. He gave me an entirely different view of an Arab man. He was sweet, kind, and had high moral standards. My husband and I chatted via email for a few months before he figured out that I was not serious, although a maintained a friendship with his ex brother in law and niece. In the meantime I had met a friend that I enjoyed chatting with that lived in San Jose. I signed up on yahoo messenger so we could chat often. Again I was not looking for a relationship, just having fun. One day I got an instant message from my husband. My heart jumped when it popped up. He asked me if I had found love yet, and I said no. I asked him if he did. He said he had been talking to a lady, but was still thinking about me. I have to admit that I got a little jealous that he was talking to someone else, which really ticked me off that I felt that way. This is when I finally realized that I did indeed have feelings for him, and decided to open up my heart to see if there was a future between us.

That was 5 years ago, and I am so glad that for the first time in so many years I decided to someone a chance. My kids, at first, told me not to hurt him because I went through men like I go through underwear. Afterall, I wasn't going to settle for just anyone, so I was just having fun. This one is for real, and this one will last. :wub:

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I met George when he was in NY. he had came on a visit visa and had got into some trouble..ie marrying another women and it not working out and he spending 6mths in jail blah blah......i met him after all that and he was in removal process. i tried soooooooo hard not to develop feelings for him but i failed and i was in love with him before long, and he didnt try to lure me quite the opposite he didnt want a relationship cause he knew his fait. i didnt let up and we got married june 11 2005...he was removed from the us jan 16 2006...he got to travel on his passport back to lebanon with me. we lived in lebanon until april 2007 and are in saudi arabia where he is working. we just had a son together on May 30 2008. i have been back to ny many times in between one time being evacuated by the american embassy in beirut during the war with israel.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.