temperance123

I-765 rejected, TWICE

23 posts in this topic

Update again!

12/1/2008 Finally recieved receipt for EAD application that says I should wait for a biometrics appointment. Somebody help me! I thought we were only supposed to do biometrics once???? Does anyone know what the odds are of getting them to expedite this application since we filed it a total of 6 times before they finally accepted it?

Thanks,

Temperance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Update again!

12/1/2008 Finally recieved receipt for EAD application that says I should wait for a biometrics appointment. Somebody help me! I thought we were only supposed to do biometrics once???? Does anyone know what the odds are of getting them to expedite this application since we filed it a total of 6 times before they finally accepted it?

Thanks,

Temperance

Did you get you biometrics done? In biometric letter it will say there if how many applications that need to get done during the bio appt. In my case, my bio letter says that I-485 and I-765 need to get done at the same time. But not always the same. In some cases, they'll send you 2 bio letter one each for I-485 and I-765. Hope that helps. If you received you bio prior to you EAD, just double check if it's only for I-485. Since your EAD was rejected, you might get another bio for your EAD.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Sorry to hear about this frustrating/neverending circle with USCIS.

I'm surprised your I-485/GC isn't almost done and you don't need work authorization.

Have you received an appt letter for the AOS interview? Is the Orlando office backed up?

Did you get you biometrics done? In biometric letter it will say there if how many applications that need to get done during the bio appt. In my case, my bio letter says that I-485 and I-765 need to get done at the same time. But not always the same. In some cases, they'll send you 2 bio letter one each for I-485 and I-765. Hope that helps. If you received you bio prior to you EAD, just double check if it's only for I-485. Since your EAD was rejected, you might get another bio for your EAD.

Yes I did biometrics i July. When I called this morning they said that just because that letter says biometrics is the next step it may not be. I will not know until I get an actual appointment letter. these people... :angry:

Sorry to hear about this frustrating/neverending circle with USCIS.

I'm surprised your I-485/GC isn't almost done and you don't need work authorization.

Have you received an appt letter for the AOS interview? Is the Orlando office backed up?

:dance: That's a nice thought! But no, I haven't recieved an appointment letter. How can I find out if the office is backed up? There are no appointments available right now on Infopass if that is any indication.

:dance: Received an email today stating that the EAD was approved and will be mailed today!!!!

Finally! Congratulations! What an ordeal.

Thai Mom

I know. Thanks. Now I have to get on them about the advance parole. Its been 6 months already since we filed. Here we go again...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.