cmnb

congressional iquiry

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am sorry you are going through this, I feel you! I tried my best when my husband was in harms way when beirut was going through Hell for a few months as well and it effected my husband directly right in his street. But they didn't do anything for us either, our case was not approved for expedite. I wish you luck with your request!!! I know it's sucks to be in this long Journey...Their is Hope and Prayer (F)

Good Luck!

Nita :thumbs:

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I am sorry you are going through this, I feel you! I tried my best when my husband was in harms way when beirut was going through Hell for a few months as well and it effected my husband directly right in his street. But they didn't do anything for us either, our case was not approved for expedite. I wish you luck with your request!!! I know it's sucks to be in this long Journey...Their is Hope and Prayer (F)

Good Luck!

Nita - thank you for your kind thoughts. my wife and i appreciate it.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't understand then -- why did you say "do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there," if you documented this to them?

should i reiterate this to them or forget about it and persue another channel?

cmnb

Go to BBC.com and look for the terrorist attack news in New Delhi. Make a PDF of all the news related to attacks.

Search Times of India FOR NEWS AND SNED THAT TO VSC as supporting documents.

Here is what I found at BBC.

thank you so much!

i put in for expedite because of all the stuff going on in srinagar.......they told me to give them the information on the phone as i was talking to them i wanted to send news clippings and things showing how dangerous it is for medical personal but all they wanted was information they told me we will give u a decision in five days ..five days has come and gone..................as u can see from our time line i been stuck for one year and still no noa2........

Timeline

Good Luck!

Nita - thank you for your kind thoughts. my wife and i appreciate it.

this sounds so stupid right now but when i did my expedited request i gave them 2 reason.

1. financial hardship

2. school admission for wifey here in the states.

for financial hardship i just showed them my chase credit card statements which i did a cash advance into my savings just so i would have a such a great debt i could show uscis.

for school admissions i went into a university here in ohio n talked to an adviser for that classes for my wife, he got me a letter stating that the course would start in mid oct and they would need my wife's admission by September. i faxed both of these pages to uscis n cogress person in ohio i guess it worked.

Married 2/14/2008

Back to U.S from India: 3/30/2008

I 130 Sent (normal mail) 3/31/2008

NOA1 4/08/2008

Touched 4/11/2008

Touched 6/10/2008

Touched 6/18/2008

Touched 7/08/2008

Approved 7/08/2008

Touched 7/09/2008

NOA2 IN HAND 7/14/2008

NVC Received : 7/17/2008

Emailed DS-3032: 7/18/2008

IIN # : 7/18/2008

Email DS3032: 7/18/2008 (no auto email again)

Email DS3032: 7/19/2008 ( auto email this time)

Paid online AOS fee: 7/21/2008

AOS fee and DS-3032 generated: 7/22/2008

NVC accepted the AOS fee bill: 7/25/2008 (printed out bar code for I864)

Mailed I864 7/25/2008

Hard copy received DS-3032, AOS fee bill: 7/26/2008

Mailed DS-3032 7/28/2008...cant waste time waiting for the email

NVC received I864 7/28/2008 (per usps)

NVC received DS-3032 7/29/2008 (per usps)

DS-3032 Entered into the system 7/29/08

Paid IV bill fee 7/31/2008

Online payment status PAID 8/1/2008

AVR changed to IV fee bill generated: 8/1/2008

Received Hard copy IV fee bill 8/9/2008

Mailed DS-230 8/12/2008

NVC received DS-230 8/13/2008

DS-230 entered into system: 8/14/2008

Case Completed: 8/25/2008

Peace Out NVC: 09/16/2008

Hello...... Mumbai: 9/19/2008

VFS visit: 9/22/2008

Medical: 9/26/2008

Interview Date 10/01/2008 VISA GRANTED

POE (O'hare) 10/10/2008 :( there goes my freedom......new life begins :)

Applied for SSN: 10/14/2008

Received SSN: 10/23/2008

Got Ohio Permit: 10/31/08, Took the test, Failed. Retest 11/1/08 Failed, Retest 11/4/08 Passed, Got her license, no road test required in Ohio, she had international license!

Timeline
I don't understand then -- why did you say "do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there," if you documented this to them?

should i reiterate this to them or forget about it and persue another channel?

cmnb

Go to BBC.com and look for the terrorist attack news in New Delhi. Make a PDF of all the news related to attacks.

Search Times of India FOR NEWS AND SNED THAT TO VSC as supporting documents.

Here is what I found at BBC.

thank you so much!

i put in for expedite because of all the stuff going on in srinagar.......they told me to give them the information on the phone as i was talking to them i wanted to send news clippings and things showing how dangerous it is for medical personal but all they wanted was information they told me we will give u a decision in five days ..five days has come and gone..................as u can see from our time line i been stuck for one year and still no noa2........

that too from california?? thats crazy!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I had a bad experience the other day at my congressman’s office...

So today I wrote a nasty yet nice at the same time, letter was attention to the congressman at his Washington Office. This stated that it was RE: his local office in my neighborhood.

Hopefully someone with a heart reads it!

Timeline

called congressman's office again today and informed them of the bomb blasts again on saturday and today. here is the conversation that i had:

secretary: how may i help you?

me: can u please get my case expedited coz i am afraid of my wife's security due to these blasts.

secretary: u know, i mentioned this to VSC and they say that this has been the case all over the world and that i have to wait the normal time

me: well, god forbid anything happens, who is going to be responsible

secretary: certainly not us

me: so you cannot do anything

secretary: no

me: thank you

secretary: thank you

basically she told me to ** off.

what should i do?? i am really worried :(

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
called congressman's office again today and informed them of the bomb blasts again on saturday and today. here is the conversation that i had:

me: can u please get my case expedited coz i am afraid of my wife's security due to these blasts.

secretary: u know, i mentioned this to VSC and they say that this has been the case all over the world and that i have to wait the normal time

bump

anyone please help!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well when i finally got around to calling csc last week they nicely told my my request for expedite was denied cuz i was just then put into additional review as of 25th of aug..........i been it since april i think lol they are really ticking me off lol but nothing we can do other than let them play their game that they play

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.