Sprailenes

Canadian TV

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi CherylandRichard,

Oh gee, now you got me curious too...so I had to look it up (and lol..along the way had to reconnect as my dial-up internet timed out)...

And this is what i found with a quick search: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220895/

So I was right after all, about the creatures being "Quaigmire" and "Bog" (and about the other characters too)! The pink one (female sister) was Quaig, and the orange one (male brother) was Bog. Funny, I always thought when these two talked, they sounded like they had a British accent of some sort. They were the only ones that lived in the swamp (actually in the moat/sewer system under the castle). And no, the other characters lived directly in the castle, or somewhere else in the castle area.

Hope this helps. Lol..at least you can sleep better knowing that "Quaigmire" and "Bog" lived and went swimming in the Eureka's castle sewer/moat!

Ant (Singing..."Eu-re, Eu-re, 123...!!!... :whistle: )

thats the one haha eurikas castle, oh man i loved that show, but now you gotta tell me what the one in the swamp was, they weren't all in a swamp, but they visited there alot? man now its gonna bug me, i wish i could remember more about it
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CherylandRichard,

Oh gee, now you got me curious too...so I had to look it up (and lol..along the way had to reconnect as my dial-up internet timed out)...

And this is what i found with a quick search: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220895/

So I was right after all, about the creatures being "Quaigmire" and "Bog" (and about the other characters too)! The pink one (female sister) was Quaig, and the orange one (male brother) was Bog. Funny, I always thought when these two talked, they sounded like they had a British accent of some sort. They were the only ones that lived in the swamp (actually in the moat/sewer system under the castle). And no, the other characters lived directly in the castle, or somewhere else in the castle area.

Hope this helps. Lol..at least you can sleep better knowing that "Quaigmire" and "Bog" lived and went swimming in the Eureka's castle sewer/moat!

Ant (Singing..."Eu-re, Eu-re, 123...!!!... :whistle: )

thats the one haha eurikas castle, oh man i loved that show, but now you gotta tell me what the one in the swamp was, they weren't all in a swamp, but they visited there alot? man now its gonna bug me, i wish i could remember more about it

ya theres another show though where they are in a swamp and i cant think of it

i LOVED bookmice, watched it every day haha

Tin Tin, Anatole haha that one about the mice in france :P

Babar of course

Ballooner landing

the big comfy couch

what about bordertown, i was a huge fan :P

the busy world of richard scarry hehe man im digging deep here

Dog City

Donkey Kong Country

Ewoks :P

ohhh inspector gadget

I think it was by a government/non-profit group called "concerned children's advertisers", or something like that, that sponsored this commercial.

They also did that "Drugs, drugs, drugs, which are good, which are bad. Drug, drugs, drugs, ask your Mom or ask your Dad..." commerical too.

I love that commercial! When my fiancee talks about taking about her medication, she now calls it her "drugs, drugs, drugs"...and when we're typing in chat we've even coined the abbreviation: DDDSAGSAB (Drugs, Drugs, Drugs, Some Are Good, Some Are Bad...since I'd misremembered the exact words.)

My pet monster :P

and of course Ovide and the gang :)

did anyone mention shining time station yet, one of my favorites :P

ahhhhhhhhh THE SMOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was by far my favorite show ever :D

Hi Cafemusique,

I think you might have a better memory than I have, as the words are "some are good, some are bad", not "which are good, which are bad", that I mentioned earlier..oops...

That's funny how you use "DDDSAGSAB" online...lol... :rofl: (lol..certain medications are good, right?)

Ant (Wondering which drugs are good, and which are bad....)

I love that commercial! When my fiancee talks about taking about her medication, she now calls it her "drugs, drugs, drugs"...and when we're typing in chat we've even coined the abbreviation: DDDSAGSAB (Drugs, Drugs, Drugs, Some Are Good, Some Are Bad...since I'd misremembered the exact words.)
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

i dunno i just watched the commercial im pretty sure it says which are good which are bad

Edited by CherylandRichard

Hi CherylandRichard,

Lol..ok, you asked for it (by naming more shows)...more Canadian theme song singing...lol...

"My pet monster, for he I can depend. My pet monster a monster of a friend. He's big and blue and scary, but a friendly monster too. My pet monster will make a monster out of you. He's always playing scary tricks, and I know that's ok. 'Cause he's just having lots of fun, scaring those other monsters away. He loves to much on garbage, he'll even eat the can. If this sounds gross, please understand, he's my best friend..."

"And now it's time for Ovide's video, video. And now let's get on with the show, yeah let's go" (by the way, they also showed this show on the french channel TFO too, which was funny to watch it in both french there and on the english channel on TVO.

"(something, something),...who knows how far you'll go. To a shining time station. Where dreams can come true. Your own imagination. Waiting there for you!". By the way, Didi Conn (the actress who played "Stacie Jones" was "Frenchie" in "Greese"), Ringo Star ("The Beetles") and George Carlin (the comedian) was Mr. Conductor, and one of the kids Kara (Erika, her real actress name was, was also on "bookmice"). Remember the characters of Schemer, Little Scheemmee, The Jutebox band, Uncle Harry, Billy Twofeathers, JB King etc. too? I think too, they also filmed before the Thomas and friends short stories originally from the British series, which they put in this show. Hmm..never knew that "Shining time station" was Canadian. For some weird reason, I thought it was an American show. I guess not then.

"Smokey, greesy, oily...smoogies...(something something)...We're the suntots, a neat and tidy crew, we'll stay young forever, and we want the same for you...(something something)...With the suntots and the smoggies, choose the way the world to be. A messy mess, or shiny clear, ecologically..." I always thought that a better name for that show was "Suntots and Smoggies" instead of just "Smoggies". The suntots kind of reminded me of little trolls and/or smurfs...lol...

Ant (Can't stop singing Canadian tv songs...help!!! :whistle: )

Edited by AntandD

Hi CherylandRichard,

Lol..ok, you asked for it (by naming more shows)...more Canadian theme song singing...lol...

"My pet monster, for he I can depend. My pet monster a monster of a friend. He's big and blue and scary, but a friendly monster too. My pet monster will make a monster out of you. He's always playing scary tricks, and I know that's ok. 'Cause he's just having lots of fun, scaring those other monsters away. He loves to much on garbage, he'll even eat the can. If this sounds gross, please understand, he's my best friend..."

"And now it's time for Ovide's video, video. And now let's get on with the show, yeah let's go" (by the way, they also showed this show on the french channel TFO too, which was funny to watch it in both french there and on the english channel on TVO.

"(something, something),...who knows how far you'll go. To a shining time station. Where dreams can come true. Your own imagination. Waiting there for you!". By the way, Didi Conn (the actress who played "Stacie Jones" was "Frenchie" in "Greese"), Ringo Star ("The Beetles") and George Carlin (the comedian) was Mr. Conductor, and one of the kids Kara (Erika, her real actress name was, was also on "bookmice"). Remember the characters of Schemer, Little Scheemmee, The Jutebox band, Uncle Harry, Billy Twofeathers, JB King etc. too? I think too, they also filmed before the Thomas and friends short stories originally from the British series, which they put in this show. Hmm..never knew that "Shining time station" was Canadian. For some weird reason, I thought it was an American show. I guess not then.

"Smokey, greesy, oily...smoogies...(something something)...We're the suntots, a neat and tidy crew, we'll stay young forever, and we want the same for you...(something something)...With the suntots and the smoggies, choose the way the world to be. A messy mess, or shiny clear, ecologically..." I always thought that a better name for that show was "Suntots and Smoggies" instead of just "Smoggies". The suntots kind of reminded me of little trolls and/or smurfs...lol...

Ant (Can't stop singing Canadian tv songs...help!!! :whistle: )

here ant i got you covered

Have you met the Smoggies?

We love the soot and grime,

We make the whole world dirty,

And we have a real good time.

We love to make things messy,

Just as dirty as can be,

And you can bet we'll mess you up

Ecologically.

(Sun-tots)

Make way for the Sun-tots,

A neat and tidy crew,

We'll stay young forever,

And we want the same for you.

(Smoggies)

If we get your magic coral,

Then forever young we'll be,

Do you think you'll find it somewhere

In the clear blue sea?

(Sun-tots)

We use the water, wind and sun,

To make our homes and gadgets run,

Where else can you have such fun,

Environmentally?

(Sun-tots)

Come and see our island,

And smell the sweet, sweet breeze,

Where we'll live for ever,

Just as happy as can be.

With the Sun-tots and the Smoggies,

Choose the way the world could be,

A messy mess or shiny clear,

Ecologically.

Sun-tots, Sun-tots,

Earth and wind and sea, and

Smoggies, Smoggies,

Smoky, oily, greasy...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
ok i thought of another one i loved does anyone remember teddy ruxpin?

yeppers, I remember Teddy Ruxpin! LOL

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Hi CherylandRichard,

Ok, you got me stumped on the swamp show, so much so that I'm going to take a stab in the dark and take a guess in saying that the show is:

"Groundling Marsh" (was a YTV children's show in the early/late 90s). The characters lived in a marsh, but that's close enough to a swamp...

Did I guess correctly? Or are you thinking of something else?

Anyone else know what CherylandRichard's "swamp show" is????? :huh:

Ant (Wondering what the "swamp show" is?)

and im trying to remember another one, it was like these guys that lived in a swamp? any ideas here, my memory sucks

but now you gotta tell me what the one in the swamp was, they weren't all in a swamp, but they visited there alot? man now its gonna bug me, i wish i could remember more about it

Hi CherylandRichard,

Thanks for having me covered there by posting the lyrics to that song...lol..it looks like I'll be singing the "smoggies" song in my head all night in my head tonight...oh well... :whistle:

Lol..not bad either, that I got a couple of lines right in my previous post, just from memory. I guess that just goes to show what "useless trivia" I have in there (and yet, I cannot remember my SSN properly..rofl...)....

Yeah, I liked that show too, as the main message behind it was to be more environmentally conscious...

Ant (Singing the "smoggies" song and seeing dancing trolls..err...suntots..in my head... :whistle: )

here ant i got you covered

Have you met the Smoggies?

We love the soot and grime,

We make the whole world dirty,

And we have a real good time.

We love to make things messy,

Just as dirty as can be,

And you can bet we'll mess you up

Ecologically.

(Sun-tots)

Make way for the Sun-tots,

A neat and tidy crew,

We'll stay young forever,

And we want the same for you.

(Smoggies)

If we get your magic coral,

Then forever young we'll be,

Do you think you'll find it somewhere

In the clear blue sea?

(Sun-tots)

We use the water, wind and sun,

To make our homes and gadgets run,

Where else can you have such fun,

Environmentally?

(Sun-tots)

Come and see our island,

And smell the sweet, sweet breeze,

Where we'll live for ever,

Just as happy as can be.

With the Sun-tots and the Smoggies,

Choose the way the world could be,

A messy mess or shiny clear,

Ecologically.

Sun-tots, Sun-tots,

Earth and wind and sea, and

Smoggies, Smoggies,

Smoky, oily, greasy...

Edited by AntandD

Hi CherylandRichard,

Ok, you got me stumped on the swamp show, so much so that I'm going to take a stab in the dark and take a guess in saying that the show is:

"Groundling Marsh" (was a YTV children's show in the early/late 90s). The characters lived in a marsh, but that's close enough to a swamp...

Did I guess correctly? Or are you thinking of something else?

Anyone else know what CherylandRichard's "swamp show" is????? :huh:

Ant (Wondering what the "swamp show" is?)

and im trying to remember another one, it was like these guys that lived in a swamp? any ideas here, my memory sucks

but now you gotta tell me what the one in the swamp was, they weren't all in a swamp, but they visited there alot? man now its gonna bug me, i wish i could remember more about it

Holy ####### you got it!!!!!!!! you are amazing i tell ya, it would have taken me a year to guess :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.