dufflebag

Election and Russia

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
St. Pete will be a bit nippy in October, but the weather should still hold up for you nicely. When do you get back?

Not this year. I've been wearing my heavy winter coat since the first week of september and it was a very cold summer. Everyone is expecting a rough, early winter.

Первый блин комом.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Not this year. I've been wearing my heavy winter coat since the first week of september and it was a very cold summer. Everyone is expecting a rough, early winter.

Ah, shame that. Well from what I understand, St. Pete is beautiful no matter what the weather. I think you're gonna have a great time bobb!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry, I should have introduced myself. I am 38 year divorced man and dealt with this democrat Hillary stuff. Life was great. I worked my night shifts and stuff and came home to sleep. The wife worked part time and took care of the house. when we got married , we stated that we wanted kids and such. I thought was going great until Oprah (also known as the anti christ in my house) started to change my wifes mind.

After working all night, I went to sleep, but I guess I was oppressing my wife, because instead of sleeping, i should have went out shopping. For kids, I guess that meant Shiatsu dog who I am sure was trained to keep me awake in the day.

Despite not saying anything, everything was my fault and received quotes from Dr Phil and Oprah. I finally ended my marriage and everything I wanted, never got except some sugar in my gas tank as a parting gift.

When I went online and thought of being a hermit for the rest my days, a friend of mine married a lady in a city called Magadan in Russia. I met them and I thought what a refreshing change. She dressed to go out. She want to have a family and disliked Shiatsus. He worked a similar shift as me and she understand that it is hard to sleep during the day. She packed a lunch for him instead of 7-11 food. That is when I decided to go on my journey.

I went oline and met this wonderful lady, Elena, from St Petersburg. I was amazed how things were different, in that women wore dresses and were attentive and feminie. I will go further about my relationship later.

But I was wondering when I see Palin who has a large family, loves the outdoors, will fight for her family, and still looks great after 5 kids. I thought her name must be Palinova. I hear all these Democrat fembots trying to skewer her. I am thinking that what is wrong with our lifestyle that we have to look another country for a wife. Will it get worse when Barrack/ Oprah ticket gets in. Why can't a lady be a lady."

I read some comment from a big time democrats here and yet I see them seeking a wife from another country who is more feminine and family oriented, but yet support the same system that pushes the men of this country into being Eunichs. Feminist can do what they want and state they want to give women a choice, but why do they have to rip apart a woman like Palin who chooses to have a big tradition family.

Timeline

Bobb and Mox, it sounds like you had quite adventure. I am curious why you seek a woman outside your nation, but yet you support femocrats and their system of what a modern woman should be. Femocrats believe in choice, but only the choice they give you is their own.

Femocrats attack Palin, but you must admit that to be able to take care 5 kids, be a governor, and still have time to do things like hunt and fish is amazing. I do not agree with her in every issue, But it is refreshing to see a lady have traditional values in the public eye.

I chellenge you two, to list what you think the values of a perfect woman should have to be a good wife and mother, then tell me why you are looking outside of your country for this lady, specifically why Russia, Ukraine and China?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am curious why you seek a woman outside your nation, but yet you support femocrats and their system of what a modern woman should be.
Good lord. What on earth does one have to do with the other?

I'm a big beliver in anything BUT "traditional values" - and yet I have a Russian wife. Why would that possibly be? Now let me think...hmm...oh yeah - because we met in Egypt and she just happened to be from Russia. She could have been from Iowa, Peru, or Jupiter for all I care. Where she was from simply didn't matter to me.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Since you addressed me directly: If you believe I am anti-Palin because of her "traditional values" then you haven't actually read why I think Palin is a terrible pick. It has nothing to do with her "traditional values" and everything to do with policy.

But hey, we take all comers here, so welcome. Have you been to St. Pete yet? Where in the process are you right now?

Timeline

Again, Mox( or anyone else who wants to answer his), I will excuse myself and rephrase the question to you then, Why are you seeking a wife from a different country? Do you think that it is unfair that the femocrats are attacking her value system? Is it as many have stated that the modern femocrat has destroyed the traditional values of family? What is the difference you seen between Russian women (I assume that you were over there) and American women? I want to have a family with kids, not a dog who is treated like one. I have to agree that I am not big fan of all of Palin's policies, but there is not one person that would agree on this board with each others policies. I feel that we have the economy and great nation, but we lack the value system to have a good family.

Where I am on my journey? Well I am in the scared sh*tless or starting phase. I see so many successes and failures. I see some amazing happy men here and I see some that have dropped off. I went through Moscow and then in a taxi half asleep to the train station then St Petersburg. It is weird, because I was nervous, suspicious, excited, amazed,very tired and mostly confused. The whole time, I was nervous, because I did not want to offend anyone or know what to do. I was using some cheap translator and think I missed pronounced some word when I asked for some juice, because the clerk's eye opened big when I said something. It was shock, then laughter, then a smile. Or when someone talks to you in Russian and you do not what they are talking about. I can understand how Dan Qualye felt like when the reporters spoke to him. Whether I am successful or not, it was an experience.

When I am more comfortable, I will write more about my meeting. I am just so nervous and scared after my marriage failure and I feel that information overload.

Bobb, can you tell what is the difference you have seen in the families of the countries you have visited. Russia, Ukraine, China, Canada, and the USA. Sounds like you had an amazing journey. I hope to see other places, but I find that you are only allowed so much vacation and that you want to see other places and you want to be with the one you care about. Bobb, you have Russian flag in your profile, but you are now going to other countries. Is Russia your preference?

Do you think that it is unfair that the femocrats are attacking her value system? Is it as many have stated that the modern femocrat has destroyed the traditional values of family?

Your repeated use of the word "femocrat" tells me a lot about where you stand politically, so I doubt you'll be inclined to believe me when I say the Democrats have not been attacking Sarah Palin's "value system." In fact, I don't believe the Democrats have really focused on her much at all. Their attacks have been reserved for the top of the ticket, as it should be. In terms of "traditional values," I'm sure she has them. She's probably a great mom, and I think it took a lot of courage to make the choice to have a special needs child, especially at her age. As I've said before I think if the Palins were my neighbor I'd probably invite them over for a barbecue from time-to-time. There's a lot to like about Palin, but I don't believe she has Mayoral credentials, let alone Presidential credentials. I think she was an incredibly cynical pick that is already backfiring.

What is the difference you seen between Russian women (I assume that you were over there) and American women? I want to have a family with kids, not a dog who is treated like one.

This is a topic that has been hashed, re-hashed, and then re-hashed again and I'm sure a quick search will give you a wide range of opinions. There's a core set of cultural traits that tends to set FSU women apart, but they are not pressed out from a cookie cutter mold. What were the differences you saw while you were over there?

When I am more comfortable, I will write more about my meeting. I am just so nervous and scared after my marriage failure and I feel that information overload.

You'll get lots of support and good information here. You will find that even the granola eaters will answer your questions. :) Welcome.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Again, Mox( or anyone else who wants to answer his), I will excuse myself and rephrase the question to you then, Why are you seeking a wife from a different country?
Speaking only for myself - but I suspect the answer is true for others..... I did not SEEK a wife from a different country. She just happened to be from a different country.

What is the difference you seen between Russian women (I assume that you were over there) and American women?
Most Russian women live in Russia - most American women live in America. That's the main difference I see.

I want to have a family with kids, not a dog who is treated like one.
I want a family with a wife and dog, but no kids. Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Dufflebag,

Welcome to VJ and the "process". Most everyone here you will find helpful and experienced. The reasons why some seek foreign wives is vast and varied, but generally they are looking or found something that they couldn't find at home (America). But you will find that there are also a number of women that have brought fiances or husbands to America also.

Enjoy your waiting period as much as you can. It is long and frustrating but does eventually come to a conclusion. I just finished getting my wife's permanent (10 year) greencard. We just need to get one for her son, starting in December and we will be done for about 10 years, unless someone decides to become a citizen.

Welcome to the Russian forum as well. If you have questions about culture, expected changes, problems or anything else regarding the prospect of a new Russian speaking wife, please ask us.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Dufflebag:

I can't remember anywhere in my first post mentioning anything you 'thought' I wrote. I don't follow your reasoning asking me why I am willing to look outside the U.S. if I support 'femocrats'. Again, did I specifically say anything that would lead you to believe I do? I know it's a common practice for a person to believe they 'think' they know what a person stands for. Usually thought it takes more than one paragraph in one post.

As to why I am willing to look elsewhere? We all have our own personal reasons why we are willing to look outside the U.S. I don't really have the time to expound upon them at this time. I really do have more pressing business communicating with the woman from Russia and the multitude of other things associated with my upcoming visit...re-learning my meager amount of Russian and learning more...sending emails to her...talking on the phone twice a day with her...working...easting...sleeping...increasing my knowledge of Russia and the culture, etc., etc.

"Values of a perfect woman should have to be a good wife and mother?"

What a strange word 'perfect' can be in how you apply it. What is perfect? Maybe perfect to me, but by no means perfect. And even then no one is absolutely perfect. Each person has imperfections and any little thing that bothers you is outweighed by all the positive things. If I was looking for someone perfect I think I'd no longer be among the living. If you have noticed my age I am more than likely not interested in how good a mother she is, other than how she has been to her 30-year old son, as neither of us has any desire for children at this point in our lives. She is 7 years younger than me. I think my past trips to Belarus, Ukraine, and China can only show I am willing to look elsewhere. I have no preferences. At the site I met this Russian woman she emailed me first. There was no 'urge' on my part to meet a woman from Russia specifically. Actually, in the past if I was trying to decide between two woman who to contact I avoided Russian women. Because of the feeling I had of it just being a little more of a hassle to visit than, let's say Ukraine or China, and potential for much longer plane rides. This woman is not from St Petersburg (pitirBURK) and I would have gone to her city to the east of Moscow. Age and life experiences will also dictate each person's hopes, expectations, fears, and common sense, just name a few. I am not going to other countries. I have been to other countries in the past that began back in 2003. I have taken breaks in this journey. I too am limited to the amount of vacation available. I have a further restriction in that I can go for no longer than 12 days at a time, including all travel time!

Canada was a personal trip not involved with this process - can't comment on families in Canada. I am fortunate to have a wonderful family which is similar to what I saw in China. On my visits to Belarus and Ukraine the experience of meeting the family never occurred. But, I have read quite a bit and feel it is similar to my family and what I experienced in China in many, many countries on this orb we share.

I do wish you all the luck dufflebag. When you return you will probably be willing to learn some Russian. Even if it is only enough to be polite. On my first trip to Belarus I only learned a few words and the woman I went to see taught English to people emigrating. On succeeding trips I studied more. At least with Russian you can learn to pronounce AND read Russian fairly quickly. Reading Chinese is a whole different ball of wax! It isn't that hard to even learn to read Russian letters and words and pronounce them correctly. Just remember a desire and willingness to learn are great incentives. Oh, and practice, practice, practice.

Please don't ask me anymore questions. Not that I don't wish to answer them. I just have more important things to attend to for the next 20 days 20 hours and 32 minutes :star:

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

and think I missed pronounced some word when I asked for some juice, because the clerk's eye opened big when I said something. It was shock, then laughter, then a smile.

Did you inadvertantly call the clerk a b!tch?

Juice= sok in Russian, sounds kind of in between the English words - soak and sock. ...... The slang form of b!tch commonly used in Russian is the word = suka, sounding like soooka. It's quite possible you were looking at your handy-dandy little translation guide and sounded it out "ah, .... ya ...ha chooooo. ah, sook...ah" And she was sitting there saying, "oh no he didn't!" Then she thought about it and realized you were sounding it out and said, "Oh. No he didn't. Ha ha ha..... stupid American."

At least with Russian you can learn to pronounce AND read Russian fairly quickly. Reading Chinese is a whole different ball of wax! It isn't that hard to even learn to read Russian letters and words and pronounce them correctly. Just remember a desire and willingness to learn are great incentives. Oh, and practice, practice, practice.

Russian is one of the "easier" languages to learn once you apply yourself. I'm by no means fluent, but it wasn't too hard to pick up enough to get arond OK.

Chinese.... easy to speak, but what's with 18,000 "common" symbols as written language? Get an alphabet already! Don't like ours? Invent one! Worked fine for the Japanese and if you want to see the easiest alphabet in the whole world, all you have to do is look at the Korean penninsula. They didn't have one so they just made one up!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Do you think that it is unfair that the femocrats are attacking her value system? Is it as many have stated that the modern femocrat has destroyed the traditional values of family?

Your repeated use of the word "femocrat" tells me a lot about where you stand politically, so I doubt you'll be inclined to believe me when I say the Democrats have not been attacking Sarah Palin's "value system." In fact, I don't believe the Democrats have really focused on her much at all. Their attacks have been reserved for the top of the ticket, as it should be. In terms of "traditional values," I'm sure she has them. She's probably a great mom, and I think it took a lot of courage to make the choice to have a special needs child, especially at her age. As I've said before I think if the Palins were my neighbor I'd probably invite them over for a barbecue from time-to-time. There's a lot to like about Palin, but I don't believe she has Mayoral credentials, let alone Presidential credentials. I think she was an incredibly cynical pick that is already backfiring.

What is the difference you seen between Russian women (I assume that you were over there) and American women? I want to have a family with kids, not a dog who is treated like one.

This is a topic that has been hashed, re-hashed, and then re-hashed again and I'm sure a quick search will give you a wide range of opinions. There's a core set of cultural traits that tends to set FSU women apart, but they are not pressed out from a cookie cutter mold. What were the differences you saw while you were over there?

You'll get lots of support and good information here. You will find that even the granola eaters will answer your questions. :) Welcome.

Be honest you would be invited them to your BBQ to get some fresh Salmon and Moose Burgers. :-) I am tired of the platform of the feminist who follow Oprah and her ideals like sheep. Dr Phil and the rest who make issues of simple things to sell books and videos. Look what happened with all the Hollywood stars who support Obama. It was trendy to have problems and go to rehab. Plus Fepublican does not sound good.

Timeline
and think I missed pronounced some word when I asked for some juice, because the clerk's eye opened big when I said something. It was shock, then laughter, then a smile.

Did you inadvertantly call the clerk a b!tch?

Juice= sok in Russian, sounds kind of in between the English words - soak and sock. ...... The slang form of b!tch commonly used in Russian is the word = suka, sounding like soooka. It's quite possible you were looking at your handy-dandy little translation guide and sounded it out "ah, .... ya ...ha chooooo. ah, sook...ah" And she was sitting there saying, "oh no he didn't!" Then she thought about it and realized you were sounding it out and said, "Oh. No he didn't. Ha ha ha..... stupid American."

At least with Russian you can learn to pronounce AND read Russian fairly quickly. Reading Chinese is a whole different ball of wax! It isn't that hard to even learn to read Russian letters and words and pronounce them correctly. Just remember a desire and willingness to learn are great incentives. Oh, and practice, practice, practice.

Russian is one of the "easier" languages to learn once you apply yourself. I'm by no means fluent, but it wasn't too hard to pick up enough to get arond OK.

Chinese.... easy to speak, but what's with 18,000 "common" symbols as written language? Get an alphabet already! Don't like ours? Invent one! Worked fine for the Japanese and if you want to see the easiest alphabet in the whole world, all you have to do is look at the Korean penninsula. They didn't have one so they just made one up!

haha maybe that is what happened I called her a b1tch by accident LOL!! Russian look very hard because letters are backwords and they talk like Dracula. :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.