thetreble

Board Names VS Real Names

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My name is Jennifer, but I also go by Jenn.

I don't even know why I chose SapphireDreams... It's the first time I've used this screenname and probably the last!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My real name is Myriam. I chose Pandora01 as my screen name because looking up all the info for the visa procedure made me feel like I had opened Pandora's box, an endless suite of headaches and pains trying to figure everything out! :lol: The "01" is just because there was already another Pandora on the forum.

You can call me Myriam or Pandora01, I don't mind :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Okay, so here it goes. I was thinking the other day that some times I feel like SUCH a loser calling all of you by your screen names. It also takes a lot more effort to spell them when I want to refer to someone.

I know we use screen names for anonymity, but I just wanted to say that from now on please call me Mandy instead of thetreble :lol: It would make me feel so much better.

If any of you don't mind to be called by your first name, please put them here. If you do mind, then that is perfectly ok.

i prefer to be called by my screen name. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Ok, no problem "thetreble" (by the way, why did you choose "thetreble" as a screen name?), I'll call you "Mandy" on VJ instead, since you prefer it that way .

Ahh my dear Ant. My nickname is the treble because my football club, Manchester United, won three European cups in 1999. They won the FA Cup, the UEFA Champions League and the Premiership all in the same year. We were unstoppable that year my love.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Mandy,

Ahh...ok, so "The treble"=Manchester United. Got it. Thanks for the info. Yes, that team is famous, and are vey well known throughout the world. Now, if only "Soccer Football" would catch on as a popular sport in the USA and Canada. Lol...the only "football" that is known around here is NFL football and CFL football, which doesn't make sense that they would call it "football", as they don't use their feet/foot to play the game (well, except for the field goal kicker who kicks the "football" between the goalposts after a touchdown is scored).

Lol...yup, the English made more sense when they named the sport "football"! Maybe American/Canadian "football" should be called "handball" or "tackleball" instead?

Ant (Confused about "football", but not confused about "the treble"....)

P.S. By the way didn't David Beckem (I think I might have spelt his name wrong, you know that guy that married that Spice Girl) play for Manchester United too? And now he's with the LA Galaxy in the USA

Ahh my dear Ant. My nickname is the treble because my football club, Manchester United, won three European cups in 1999. They won the FA Cup, the UEFA Champions League and the Premiership all in the same year. We were unstoppable that year my love.
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
But..... but..... my name IS Krikit. :unsure:

(P.S. British football is pretty well known in Canada. Just not in the US.)

Yeah, soccer dome Calgary! I used to drive by this a lot, it's very near where we were living in Calgary...ahh look at that brown grass!

calgarysoccer2.jpg

Soccer dome!! I played there!!! Best memories were the corporate challenge. A bunch of companies fielding teams trying to beat the pants off each other. The best game was when we beat EnCana's super stacked team. My team was just a bunh of pencil pusher gov't regulators. It was awesome.

By the way, Rupa is my horse's name, but I prefer anonyminity. (sp?)

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
By the way, Rupa is my horse's name, but I prefer anonyminity. (sp?)

Yes, because as soon as we hear your first name we're all going to immediately know who you are and where you live! :hehe:

Yay for beating super stacked teams! :dance:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ahhhhh krikit :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
P.S. By the way didn't David Beckem (I think I might have spelt his name wrong, you know that guy that married that Spice Girl) play for Manchester United too? And now he's with the LA Galaxy in the USA

Yes indeed he did. He then played for Real Madrid and now the Galaxy. I saw him play in my younger years while in Manchester. I've also seen him now in New York when the Galaxy come this way. His talent level far surpases most MLS players so he really looks like he is in a league all of his own now. I wish he would have gone back to the Premiership at least but him and his wife wanted to take on LA I guess.

My dad's from glasgow so it's always been football to me. I played until I was 17. I've been a fan of united since I came out of the womb, as we say. I'm red through and through. haha Before the team got famous. I always have to tell people that or else they assume I'm a bandwagon supporter and that is just not true.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.