Nothing1234

Baby Girl Ear Piercing

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had said in my earlier post that my husband said it was like terrorism and basically torture to do this to a baby girl. Butttttttttttttttt I have a daughter who is almost 11 and she had hers done when she was a few months old. My ex and mom took her while I waited in pay less and cried at the mall. She never had one issue with the earrings and only cried for a minute.

My mother did mine with an ice cube and earring when I was a month old. Sounds a little scary!!! Glad I can't remember it!!

HAHA!! Like terrorism?!! This just made me choke. Are you for real? I venture to guess your husband does not have an ear piercing. Its really not that painful. Little kids cry more from the sound and initial shock than the pain I think. Its actually less painful than a vaccination shot. :blink: Vaccinations deposit a foreign substance in your body and it agitates the injection site more than an ear piercing. I guess it seems like a very traumatic thing, but in actuality its quite simple.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I agree that it doesnt look right, to me, on babies. But I understand its cultural. My FIL from morocco has had a hole in his ear since birth!

nice! i never even thought about piercing my son's ear-it'd be a bit out of the cultural norm here. but if i were raising him to be a pirate, for sure i would!

newpirate-3.jpg

its actually funny you say that because i always stare at my FILs hole, which has stretched to about 4mm diameter and i imagine him with a bandana around his head looking very piratish. or keith richardsish.

Now THAT is hella funny! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I had said in my earlier post that my husband said it was like terrorism and basically torture to do this to a baby girl. Butttttttttttttttt I have a daughter who is almost 11 and she had hers done when she was a few months old. My ex and mom took her while I waited in pay less and cried at the mall. She never had one issue with the earrings and only cried for a minute.

My mother did mine with an ice cube and earring when I was a month old. Sounds a little scary!!! Glad I can't remember it!!

HAHA!! Like terrorism?!! This just made me choke. Are you for real? I venture to guess your husband does not have an ear piercing. Its really not that painful. Little kids cry more from the sound and initial shock than the pain I think. Its actually less painful than a vaccination shot. :blink: Vaccinations deposit a foreign substance in your body and it agitates the injection site more than an ear piercing. I guess it seems like a very traumatic thing, but in actuality its quite simple.

Yes, he actually said that!! Terrorizing and abusive and that God didn't intend for that hole and lalalallalala. I guess he is open to his own opinion but I can say I am glad that I didn't have to pick this battle with him because we have a son together and will not have any more children.

Edited by Aymsgirl

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i have 4 holes in each ear and the first were done at a younger age and the next 3 in each ear i got done all at the same time when i was 18...so i got popped 6 times one after the other, and the only thing i remember is my ears being VERY hot..it did take them a while to heal, but i think thats due to them being closer to cartilage...i think baby girls with earrings are adorable...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

What are your opinions on this?

Those that have/had MENA baby girls or have discussed it with a spouse for the future were you asked to do this, did you agree? Or was it your idea?

It's a cultural thing for sure. My ears were pierced as well before the age of 1 since its typical for our family/culture and regional area I grew up.

My daughter Zahra got her ears pierced in Algeria at 2 ( it wasnt done by me, a sister in law took her without asking me and had it done) I promptly took them out as soon as I got home because Zahra was tugging at them and pulling them out. Girls over in this part of mena ALL HAVE IT DONE. My daughter was just too rough and tumble to have them. I had mine done older and they pierced too low and messed up and I cant wear pierced earrings in the hole they made.

I dont think I am going to get Zahras ears pierced. ALot of it has to do with the shape of her lobes ( they are tiny) and the fact I am so afraid she will rip them out.

I do think its very cute and if the baby can handle it and the mom can keep the ear lobes clean its fine. It is VERY done over seas and in mena and the babies I saw running around looked alot more decked out in jewelry than I did

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
My daughter Zahra got her ears pierced in Algeria at 2 ( it wasnt done by me, a sister in law took her without asking me and had it done) I promptly took them out as soon as I got home because Zahra was tugging at them and pulling them out. Girls over in this part of mena ALL HAVE IT DONE. My daughter was just too rough and tumble to have them.

I really hope you gave your SIL an earful. :blink: I can't believe how outrageous some people can be.

i have 4 holes in each ear and the first were done at a younger age and the next 3 in each ear i got done all at the same time when i was 18...so i got popped 6 times one after the other, and the only thing i remember is my ears being VERY hot..it did take them a while to heal, but i think thats due to them being closer to cartilage...i think baby girls with earrings are adorable...

Well, I have 5 holes in each of my ears. I remember getting the first one I was 9 years old. I wish my mom had done it earlier, when I was much younger.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.