Lostin us

K1 visa and fiancee leaving.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everybody,well after a long wait i decided to share my probleme with visa jounery users,and i hope i can find any help,well i just got my fiance visa,iam a male,and my fiance decided to leave for someone else,iam still in my country,and i already got a ticket to leave to the state,and the news came as a break,i dont know why,how or when,but she decided so like that,she is a nice person and i always have respect and love to her,my question is,is there anyway to leave to the state and stay there legaly,a friend of me who she is citizen proposed her help by a marriage certificatre,she do work with the gouvernement as a police officer,my wonders are,if i go to the state and without over straying my period,i marry my friend,can i apply to adjust statut?is there any other way to do it?and i heard that if i over stay my period,even by 180 days,and i get banned for 3 years or 10,i have the right to pay for it,and get the record earsed by money,i mean legaly because i have read it here somewhere,i hope i get some info from you and if you need any other info i can provide,thank you.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi everybody,well after a long wait i decided to share my probleme with visa jounery users,and i hope i can find any help,well i just got my fiance visa,iam a male,and my fiance decided to leave for someone else,iam still in my country,and i already got a ticket to leave to the state,and the news came as a break,i dont know why,how or when,but she decided so like that,she is a nice person and i always have respect and love to her,my question is,is there anyway to leave to the state and stay there legaly,a friend of me who she is citizen proposed her help by a marriage certificatre,she do work with the gouvernement as a police officer,my wonders are,if i go to the state and without over straying my period,i marry my friend,can i apply to adjust statut?is there any other way to do it?and i heard that if i over stay my period,even by 180 days,and i get banned for 3 years or 10,i have the right to pay for it,and get the record earsed by money,i mean legaly because i have read it here somewhere,i hope i get some info from you and if you need any other info i can provide,thank you.

You can not enter the US on a K1 visa and then marry anyone other than the person who filled for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you enter the United States on the fiance visa knowing that your fiance is no longer going to marry you, it is fraud. If you thought there was still a chance you could give it a try, but after 90 days the visa is no longer valid and you would have to leave the U.S.

There is NO legal way to adjust status from within the United States if you marry anyone other than the person who applied for the visa.

I am sorry for your loss, this is a very sad story.

You can not enter the US on a K1 visa and then marry anyone other than the person who filled for you.

Actually you can, but it has repercussions. In the case of the OP, it would be fraud as they intend to enter and marry someone else. The other problem is if you marry someone other than the original petitioner, you cannot adjust status in the US. You have to leave and go the spousal visa route.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It would be fraud to enter under the security of the I129f visa since there is not an intent to marry - your friend offers to marry you to help you, she would have to apply for the new visa for you under the "intent" of a bona fide relationsip and having met you within the last two years.

Good Luck and sorry to hear of your situation -

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

no need for so many different posts you wont get different answer, no what you speak of us wrong....focus more on who not where.....if your original petitioner is not in the picture you have no one to marry after arrival....she petition for you...sorry for loss but now time to let it go

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.