Nich-Nick

AOS-Filing (or Compiling) in October 2008

168 posts in this topic

This is so cute!!!

And you are so cute Ana. I have missed your posts. I just seem to smile when you are around. I also want to dance the forro :dance:

Nick still doesn't have a driver's license. In Texas, he's supposed to have a green card (or at least 6 months remaining on a visa) before he can get one. I kept trying to get him to go back and see if he could talk his way past the lady by showing the AOS and biometric receipts/letters. He's such a rule-follower and won't try to talk his way through situations, unlike me. He drives with his UK license so it's fine.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
This is so cute!!!

And you are so cute Ana. I have missed your posts. I just seem to smile when you are around. I also want to dance the forro :dance:

Nick still doesn't have a driver's license. In Texas, he's supposed to have a green card (or at least 6 months remaining on a visa) before he can get one. I kept trying to get him to go back and see if he could talk his way past the lady by showing the AOS and biometric receipts/letters. He's such a rule-follower and won't try to talk his way through situations, unlike me. He drives with his UK license so it's fine.

Nich!! I havent posted that much just got time for that.

I have been driving with the international driver license no problems...

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2008-12-02

NOA Date : 2008-12-12

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-24

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Boston MA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Approved Date : 2009-02-10

Date Card Received : 2009-02-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey girlfriends!

I am soooo excited! I bought my wedding dress yesterday. I can't believe I acually own a wedding dress now!

And I took it home! They had my size, it fitted perfectly and I got a discount for buying it from their stock. So it "only" costed $ 800.00 but it's a 2 purpose dress so it's worth the money. I love it. I will look up the style on the interbet and post a picture here. I also picked the dresses for my bridesmaids. They will be clover green. We want to do an Irish theme since the wedding will be close to St. Patrick's and my guy is a proud Irishman.

Onther than that npthing new. I guess that's enough news for a weekend ;)

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Alina

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Aleena--

I saw you had posted and thought "oh no, she's going to tell us she bagged her first deer." :rofl:

Happy to see it's wedding gown news. You sound excited.

We finally got the Christmas tree up. Nick is a little overwhelmed by the tree. He said it's like one in a shopping arcade or school compared to what he was used to at home. LOL...we are over-the- top and everything is bigger in Texas I told him. He thought I was crazy when I told him we had to move furniture to make room for the Christmas tree. I'm working at putting the decorations on. I am so slow at that because most of the ornaments have a memory, a date, a photo, or was hand made by one of the kids or me. I've got to look at each one and pull up the memory. Ahhh...I'm so nostalgic. I've got hundreds of ornaments so I guess I'd better get back to my daydreaming if I want to finish by Christmas.

No news on the applications, but I'm not really expecting anything in the near future. I guess it's been close to 2 months now, so too early to bite my nails over USCIS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Michael and I got our marriage license yesterday.. We hope to be married next week - he's been very busy at work, and that is the reason for the relative delay. I'm still waiting for my stuff to be delivered here - it seems it's stuck at the New York customs for a routine check. Hopefully before Xmas everything will be in order, and we'll be able to finally file for AOS!

Guess what? It's snowing here!!!!

People are outside gawking and kids are squealing. It's an extremely rare occurance. It's not going to last long or stick to the ground, but very exciting for us. (Okay you Yankees, you can stop laughing :lol: now. It's special to us)

Raffaella--Can't wait to hear when finally get married. Be sure and let us know. Also, I'm wondering if you had to pay any extra fees for the US side of getting your stuff...like from the ship's agent broker, etc. We were extorted we felt like.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

:star:News flash!! :star:

Two e-mails from CRIS around 7:30 pm. EAD and AP were approved 12-11-08.

I checked the online thing and it was also updated or touched today 12-11. They seem to be on the ball. It took them two days to send email and post the K1 NOA2 approval.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

YEY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS GUYS.

I so can't wait to get my EAD. We are really hurting for cash with Christmas fast approaching. We went to Magic Kingdom last week. Alan got sent to Florida with work so we decided to take an extra day and go have a honeymoon. We have our tree up now too, that was lots of fun. I totally sympathize with Nick. You and Alan's mom sound like two peas in a pod. Took us hours to put the tree up every ornament has a story, it was really nice though. We just popped round today and the guest bathroom looks like Santa's grotto. Every room has had some Christmas cheer spread upon it.

Not a whole lot more to report. Can't wait to see what your dress looks like Alina. So excited for you and you too Raffaella. Would love to see pictures of everyone's Christmas's if you have any to post. Could use some warm and fuzzies.

Lots of love and hugs

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline

Do we need to wait fo rthe NOA1 to know our EAD number??

I sent mine on dec 02 but still did not get my NOA1 yet I know the deposited the check last thursday de 12.11 but I still waiting the NOA1 =(

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Congrats to Nick for his AP and EAD :dance: ! As you can see from my timeline, we are finally getting married on Thursday, Dec 18. It will be the ultimate no-frills wedding, but I'm very happy this way. What really counts is us, especially as we have been so often let down by people close to us. On a less cheerful note, no news of my things... Now I'm starting to be a little mad, and I hope I'll manage to get them before Xmas.

All the best to everyone! :)

Ana-- You will get a NOA1 on each application that was filed. We got three...AOS/EAD/AP. Each will have it's own case number. They all came together. After you get those numbers you can try to register them online. Go to your old login where you checked for K1 NOA2. You'll still see your old I-129F petition in there. Then from there, you can find a place to add a case. Add each new number. It doesn't work for some people so don't be disapointed if it says "case not found" or something like that. Lots and lots of people can't seem to see theirs online, but mine worked immediately.

Raff-- Our stuff took a long time to be released from the port. A very LONG time. And if you are having door to door, then I suspect the moving van or whoever picks it up may stall around to fill a load to your area. You know how things go... nobody is as anxious to tend to your stuff than you are. So given there will be a ships agent, and a customs broker, and then the delivery guys who could mess around and take their own sweet time, it could take awhile. It took us two and a half weeks from ship arrival, and we were pushing ours in person every step of the way, hand delivering papers and payments, and did not have delivery people to wait on either. Good luck...maybe it will be a Christmas surprise. I wish you the best on your wedding day.

BEX---LOL, yep the mother in law sounds just like me. But, you know what? My kids just love our tree and want to do the same thing now that they have homes and Christmas trees. Here's a really cheesy thing that became a "tradition." In the 1980's, I painted names and the year on some red apple ornaments...just cheap lightweight shiny apples. My Mom and Dad had theirs hanging at their house. When they passed away, I started putting them on my tree along with our family. When my daughter became engaged and brought her fiance here for Christmas, she wanted me to paint him an apple. So we did and presented his apple to him and told him it was a big deal if he got an apple on our tree. It meant he was officially accepted into the family. It was kind of a joke, but grew. Same thing with the second daughter's fiance. He even asked "do I get an apple this year since we are engaged?" And so it became a funny tradition. Well this year Nick will get his apple "presented" to him. I had to find some on eBay because I think they're extinct now.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks for putting my mind at ease as regards my stuff, Nich :) . I remember that on a previous occasion, when I moved to Finland in 1996, I had to wait more than two months for my stuff to be delivered, and in that case too customs were involved (my load travelled through Russia, where the checks can be even worse than in the US). Hopefully they'll let me know something soon. We Europeans are spoiled nowadays, since customs between EU countries have more or less been abolished.

Tomorrow we should get our Xmas tree, which we will then proceed to decorate with the ornaments I made last year. I would've liked to make some more, but all my craft materials (a good deal of them) are in my load, so I'm afraid I will have to make do with what I already have.

Timeline

Nich!! just talking about it I got my NOA1!!!! yeah!!!

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I haven't been on VJ for a few days and I am so excited to read the news!

Congrats on your NOA2s Nich and same for you Ana!

Hopefully ours are on the way also.

We put our first Christmas tree up last weekend and it was a lot of fun! Lee bought a huge box of very old Christmas decorantions from an auction and we were overwhelemed by what we found in there. Some of them are 50 years old at least and sooo pretty. every ornament is different. I can't believe somebody got rid of them for a few bucks... So we have a very pretty vintage tree this year and we are proud of it :)

I am waiting for my Matron of Honor to e-mail me the pics of my dress. I have a few but for some reason i could not download the one with the full front dress..So i am waiting for her to resend it to me.

I am home alone tonight... My baby had a meeting in Baltimore and he comes back tomorrow.

Gonna do some cleaning and gift wrapping.

I was naughty today... I have seen some of my Christmas gifts... I came back home and saw a big bag in the garage and I looked in it... I suggested to Lee that I wanted a CK perfume and a pair of leather gloves for Christmas and there they were... It is not my fault he left them in the garage, right? lol

I told him i wanted that after he bought my gifts and i knew he was going to get them for me. So it does not matter right?

Now I feel like I am 12 and turning the whole house upside down with my brother in search of our Christmas gifts... We always did that until parents started to hide our gifts at the neighbours..lol

I promise I won't look for other stuff! Although he's not home...lol...and I am so bored... Must not go back to garage....Must not go back to garage!

Hope you are all having a nice week and congrats on you big day Rafaella!

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Happy Wedding Day Highway :star: Star.

Nick got his AP documents in the mail today.. One more thing to tick off. :yes:

Aleena, you made me laugh about looking for presents. I used to do that when I was a kid. I always knew before Christmas.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.