Nich-Nick

AOS-Filing (or Compiling) in October 2008

168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nich !

you always helpfull!!!

well about the medical examination is the only thing that is driving me crazy all because I didnt get any RFE from the medical exam so I assum that the one I sent with the AOS is ok. I might have to do go to the doctor to transcribe it to the I 69 3 but hte problem is that my physician is not on the USCIS list and I really hate to go to doctors that I dont know just to get this papers done but I might need to do it. I still doing some researchs around here. I really hope I get my employment authorization my visa expires in Feb 25 and I just cant stand with the idea of bringing my marriage ceritficate and copy of AOS papers with me all the time in case I need it.

I am already doing copies and copies of papers taxes, bank statements pictures cards everything I will get there with a huge folder full of papers hahaha

Let me know when you get some change on your process!!!I am trying to not be stressed with that interview but filling those papers all over again is always a pain...

Thanks for your help!!

:star:

Ana

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2008-12-02

NOA Date : 2008-12-12

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-24

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Boston MA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Approved Date : 2009-02-10

Date Card Received : 2009-02-21

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello friends :) ! Good news from my front... Already got my NOA for all three applications, and now am waiting for the biometrics letter. Hopefully I won't get any RFEs for the lack of I-693 and TB skin test... If I do, I'll take care of that. My visa expired on Monday, and I have already made copies of both the NOA and the marriage cert to carry with me, should the need arise. The thing is, I think it is highly unlikely that someone like me will get into trouble with the police... I am a middle-aged (though much younger-looking) lady, nicely dressed and well-mannered, and I don't even drive a car, so I can't be pulled over or have an accident :D . However, better safe than sorry, and I want to do everything the legal way.

Ana, if they didn't request any medical info from you. And if your interview letter didn't say to bring the medical to the interview, then I think you're fine and don't need to go get your vaccinations transcribed. They would tell you in a letter if they wanted something you didn't send to them with your application. Just get your marriage evidence ready to show them you are a real married couple sharing your life.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
Ana, if they didn't request any medical info from you. And if your interview letter didn't say to bring the medical to the interview, then I think you're fine and don't need to go get your vaccinations transcribed. They would tell you in a letter if they wanted something you didn't send to them with your application. Just get your marriage evidence ready to show them you are a real married couple sharing your life.

Nich the only think it says ont he list of stuffs that Ineed to bring is

A completed medical examination (form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope. ( unless already submitted)

the same thing for the Affidativ of suppport

that is why is so confusing... =/

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello ladies!

Ana good luck at the interview! At least you know after the interview it won't be to much longer until you have everything straightened out :)

Maybe you should try to call and see if they still have your medical or not. No point in spending more money if they sent you a standard letter (see "iff not already submitted).

A girl I met at the Romanian embassy when I had my interview (applying for same visa) has her interview scheduled in March also. She submitted for AOS same time you did and she lives in MA. So you guys might be in the same box!

But she got her EAD and AP about 3 weeks ago.

The very very sad thing was that her father died and she couln't travel to Romania for his funeral. She got her AP on the day of the funaral and she ran home. How tragic is that! I feel so sorry for her! The worst thing that can happen...your family needs you and you can't be with them... I can't even imagine what she is going through...

Our last touch was Jan 26... nothing since. I would really love to have my green card before our trip to Romania in May. For some reason I don't completely trust that AP....

By the way... we are getting ready to book our flight. What name should I book it under? My passport of course is under my maiden name. Everything else under married name. What do you guys think?

On a more cheerful note the preparations for the "real" wedding are going great. Just little things left to do. I promise I will put pictures on here. I don't want to show you my dress since I delayed it so much so now it will have to be after the wedding.

Need to go back to the kitchen :)

I am trying to cook some pheasant for dinner that my baby shot :)

Anybody want to come over? :)

I hope everybody is doing great!

Aleena

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Timeline

Aleena!!!

I am sorry for your friend that is really not great... and calling them to ask about my paper is a great idea I think that is what Iam going to do seriously there is just no way I can guess what they really want...

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I just got my employment authorization!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and excided going to start doing my resume right away ahahah and look for job ASAP!

So so happy!

Thanks for all your guys help!! I salways nive be able to come here and type a little bit hahahha!!!

:dance:

Ana

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Timeline

Called USCIS to find out about my medical exambut could not talkt o a real person just machines machines and machines =(

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC090*********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 27, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I was very surprised to get this email today! I can't believe I am getting my green card already! This is it,right? :)

It is a relieve and now I don't have to worry about travelling abroad :)

I know everybody elses are on the way :)

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Wow. Congratulations girl. You can go see Dracula now without any worries. :rofl:

Nothing for us yet. I noticed people that mention touches, often got them about a month before approval. Seems like there were alot of them for Sept and October people around the third week of January. I guess we got put in another box because we got some touches around Valentines day. So maybe by mid-March some news will come our way. I'm not going to worry about it until then. But come March 15, I will check USCIS every day. hahahaha...just like the old K1 days. Actually there's not much point in checking because it will happen when it happens.

We went car shopping last weekend. A funny thing happened...well I guess it wasn't so funny...but we were test driving a brand new Mazda 6 in Houston and had a wreck. OH NO!!! It wasn't our fault because a girl rear ended us on the freeway feeder road and it was kinda embarrassing to take a wrecked car back to the dealership. :blush: They will just have to repaint the bumper. It wasn't broken but had LOTS of paint, scrapes, and tire marks on it. On Wednesday I bought a new Nissan and we're liking it a lot. Nick interviewed for a job, but hasn't heard back from them yet. They had at least 5 to interview so we'll see. He thought the interview went well, but we're not getting our hopes up.

So when is the wedding??

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Mommy Nich and anyone else who has been approved.

I miss you all so much, hope your all well and happy.

Lots of Love xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Oh wow! Bex is in the house!! I miss you so much. I see that little Ana got her AOS fast. How did you do that child??

Finally CSC sent the green card and we received it yesterday in the mail. No CRIS email or status update. I had set March 15 as the "date in my head" long ago and when that passed I was getting annoyed wondering when they were going to pick up the file. Jessica&Lute (from Thailand) got approved this week too. I think they applied in Dec. We must have gotten in the bottom of the slow box because we had no RFEs or delays of that kind. Well it feels good to not have anything pending anymore.

We are bumbling along just fine being the old married couple...six months tomorrow. Nick hasn't found a job yet. The economy sucks and there's not a lot of hiring going on, but we're doing fine so far without him working.

Aleena needs to show us her wedding pictures. Hope some others see this thread and give us an update.

Can you believe it's been a year since we all "met" in the March filers?? Remember Erin from Toronto? I wonder how her life is going after dropping the process (and the fiance.) She was a neat person.

So what's been the worst part for everybody? I'd have to say waiting for the NOA2 was the worst part for me, I guess because all the waiting was so new and we were separated by an ocean. It seems pretty silly now because it took less than 2 months for the petition to be approved.

Hugs from Mommy Nich xoxox

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Hello all! Sorry for having dropped off the radar, but I have decided to stop posting on this site. As you can see, I have removed all personal information (though my timeline is still intact), because I disagree with the way VJ is run, and don't feel comfortable any more. Anyway, I haven't forgotten those who were so kind to me during those terrible months of waiting for the K-1 visa :) .... And I have good news too! Yesterday I found my interview letter in the mail - interview is scheduled for May 14 at the local USCIS office in Fairfax, VA (it's called the DC office, but it's not downtown). I was one of the 'rebels' who didn't send the I-693 with the AOS application, and now I wonder whether - just to be on the safe side - I should contact Dr Arnold and get my vaccinations transcribed. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

How are you all? I just received the CRIS card production ordered email!! Yey. USCIS file can go in a safe place for a little while now. I've also started a part time job which has gotten me out the apartment and meeting people (plus helping to cover some of the bills - which never hurts) so things are looking a lot brighter.

I miss you all loads though, I'm so glad I had your support through all of this ladies. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your lovely new lives with your husbands. I use facebook a lot to keep in touch with friends and family back home if any of you use it also and would like to keep in touch between now and our ten year renewal PM me and I'll tell you how to find me. Will still check back on here from time to time though also.

Lots of love and GOOD VIBES!!! Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Congratulations Bex :dance: It's good that things are looking brighter for you and you've got a little job to occupy your time. It's interesting that you got the CRIS email. We used to get them...transfer, EAD approval, etc....then nothing. The status on USCIS still says "pending." Also Nick never got the welcome letter people say they get in the regular mail. How rude, they didn't even welcome him... :angry: hahaha. Well I'm glad that's the only thing during this entire process that was messed up because it's a non-essential.

I see Ana was approved at her interview. She never told us if she did something about the medical of if they asked for it at the interview. I noticed she had questions on her last post here. So I guess Highway Star is next with a mid-May interview. I'm sure she is well prepared and worrying as always. No, actually I think she's chilled alot once she got over here. It was waiting on the NOA2 that had her going crazy that it wasn't ever going to happen.

No particular news from us. We are totally boring. We're going to look at some new houses tomorrow, but I don't think we're serious about moving...just checking it out. Oh, we did go to a concert last week...Nickelback. It was LOUD and my ears had a funny tingle/buzz all the way home. LOL.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

wooooooooooooooow so fast...how i wish to get my greencard..I am wondering why i never got my greecard. I filled it last october 2008 then i had my EAD on hand dec 26. I had my interview last jan 22 but till now i never got any notice from them..so suck..dont know why

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.