Audel y Liz

Proceeding time for K-1 Visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Some of us are patiently waiting for our petitions to come through and in the mist of the process we are sharing our love with our distance fiancés. I submitted my process on May 9th and I have notice a tremendous change in the proceeding time. There are couples whose petitions were submitted around March and have already been interviewed. Has anyone submitted a May petition and is going through the same. Is there anything we should do, I have called several times and I am getting the same answers. Can someone let me know? Can someone share their experience?

THX :thumbs:

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have you done an extensive timeline search for people filing for the same type of visa at the same service center as you? That should give you an idea of what has been happening at the VSC for K1 visa petitions.

Other than that, there isn't much you can do but patiently keep on waiting.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Some of us are patiently waiting for our petitions to come through and in the mist of the process we are sharing our love with our distance fiancés. I submitted my process on May 9th and I have notice a tremendous change in the proceeding time. There are couples whose petitions were submitted around March and have already been interviewed. Has anyone submitted a May petition and is going through the same. Is there anything we should do, I have called several times and I am getting the same answers. Can someone let me know? Can someone share their experience?

THX :thumbs:

The "mist" of the process. I like it. :thumbs:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Your timeline says you should be approved about now. So I would expect an answer around these days or by the end of September!

Times for processing visas received at the Swiss consulate can be found here and they seem to be pretty fast (around 20 days after receiving). So, expect about 2 weeks after approval for the consulate to receive (NVC usually takes only a few days.... although many people have experienced more!) and then another 20-30 days for your interview to come up. In the meantime, you can start gathering documents (police reports, birth certificate...) from Cuba as well and from any other country you lived in. Good luck! Your (K1) journey will be done soon!

Filed: Timeline

You can also look at Igor's list and see where you stand on that list and who is being approved right now. I'd say you should navigate around position 50 or something and should be approved soon. I am also not sure if youre going through Cuba (as country says) or Switzerland (as timeline says) but consider that the Consulate in Cuba is taking about 90 days for the interview (vs 20 in Switzerland).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel your pain. My fiancé and I filed the same date as you and are anxiously awaiting our NOA2 notification. :whistle:

Be patient, VJ indicates we should be in the review/approval process between now and Sept 26th. I've tried getting better information from my attorney and Congressman’s office but both seemed offended that I even asked. I have found the best source of information and support is this website.

Don't give up!!!! :thumbs:

USCIS I-129F at VSC

05/08/08 - Filed for I-129F Visa

05/27/08 - NOA1 notification received

09/18/08 - NOA2 Approved

09/24/08 - NVC approval mailed to consulate

CONSULATE

09/24/08 - Consulate received approved petition from NVC

11/29/08 - Packet 3 & 4 received

12/15/08 - Medical Exam

12/16/08 - Interview and Visa Approved!!

12/21/08 - POE at Houston

12/29/08 - Married!!!!!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/26/09 - Social Security Card with married name change

02/10/09 - Vaccinations

02/19/09 - AOS, EAD and AP filed

03/12/09 - AOS transferred to California

03/19/09 - Biometrics

04/22/09 - Green Card Production Ordered

04/23/09 - Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident

04/24/09 - Advance Parole received by mail

04/27/09 - Welcome letter received

04/27/09 - EAD Card received (validity 1 yr)

04/30/09 - Green Card Received by mail

05/08/09 - Social Security Card with employment conditions removed

01/02/10 - Filed I-865 and AR-11 notification of change of address by certified mail

01/05/10 - I-865 and AR-11 receipt notifications

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS - 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.