parissara

How long to wait.......??????

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey guys!

I got Noa1 on 2008-8-19 for K-1 Visa at Vermont Service Center. Now I am waiting for Noa2..Do you think how long to wait until interview date? I see some case are different. Someone only wait for 4-6 months then they got visa.I really hope my case should get visa before Christmas 2008.. **Just plan to celebrate Christmas +New year 2009 with my fiance** :star:(L)(L):D:dance:

Edited by parissara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys!

I got Noa1 on 2008-8-19 for K-1 Visa at Vermont Service Center. Now I am waiting for Noa2..Do you think how long to wait until interview date? I see some case are different. Someone only wait for 4-6 months then they got visa.I really hope my case should get visa before Christmas 2008.. **Just plan to celebrate Christmas +New year 2009 with my fiance** :star:(L)(L):D:dance:

When you file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee , with USCIS . You will receive , Form I-797C-Notice-Of-Action . In postal mail , i would check the website at http://www.uscis.gov for the current processing times , in the Vermont Service Center . Use your Receipt Number , that USCIS has provided you . And this will be an estiment of how long it should take . They process the cases in the order they are received , which means who ever filed before you gets there petition process before yours . But its going to be a long wait , and i think you will get as tired of waiting as iam . I filed for my fiancee on May 01, 2008 , and the processing time USCIS gave me said October 08, 2008 . we have been waiting 4 months and 18 days allready and 3 weeks and 1 day left . I hope this helps you .

Filed: Timeline

Based on your timeline you should be approved sometimes around December... you might get lucky!!! But otherwise do not expect your Visa to be issued before February/March ( Thailand is taking 2.5 months from receiving application to interview: check here)

Good luck!

Timeline
Hey guys!

When you file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee , with USCIS . You will receive , Form I-797C-Notice-Of-Action . In postal mail , i would check the website at http://www.uscis.gov for the current processing times , in the Vermont Service Center . Use your Receipt Number , that USCIS has provided you . And this will be an estiment of how long it should take . They process the cases in the order they are received , which means who ever filed before you gets there petition process before yours . But its going to be a long wait , and i think you will get as tired of waiting as iam . I filed for my fiancee on May 01, 2008 , and the processing time USCIS gave me said October 08, 2008 . we have been waiting 4 months and 18 days allready and 3 weeks and 1 day left . I hope this helps you .

Thank alot ! it's really helpful :) [/color]

Timeline
Based on your timeline you should be approved sometimes around December... you might get lucky!!! But otherwise do not expect your Visa to be issued before February/March ( Thailand is taking 2.5 months from receiving application to interview: check here)

Good luck!

Thank you so much * CRS* I hope my visa could get on that time Good luck to you ! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just so everyone is clear. The processing dates listed on the uscis website are there for reference only. They determine when you can call and complain, therefore they are really not a true representation of processing times.

They claim cases are processed in the order they are received but we know that is not always the case. There are many security checks at each stage of this process that can hold you up for any length of time and delay your approval and/or visa. Every case is different and the timelines for approvals change all the time.

Right now VSC seems to be at about 4+ months from NOA1 to NOA2 without rfe or security hold ups so I would hope for that timeline.

good luck.

timeline.jpg

I got my NOA1 on the 30th June

I to want to spend the holidays with my fiance but I dont think that everything will be completed by then, it's one big waiting room

So I have booked a flight to the States for Christmas and New year and if my packet 3 comes before I will complete all the information and send it back when I return, I dont think you can make any plans on expected dates, you have to make decisions that seem right for you at the time

I hope however that you have a speedy journey and you get your visa in time for the Christmas holidays

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.