Big Papa Zone

U.S. Politics

39 posts in this topic

:o I had a neighbour that had that happen!! Must be because she is British...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've never seen Mad Men, but I want to. However I hate starting a show when it is already into a season or two. Sometimes I wish I we could go back to the era of "two martini" lunches.

wtf-picard.jpg

I've never seen Mad Men, but I want to. However I hate starting a show when it is already into a season or two. Sometimes I wish I we could go back to the era of "two martini" lunches.

You and me both. I would not like to turn back the clock on women's position in the workforce though. My stepmother worked in advertising on Madison Ave as a secretary in the early 60s and says the portrayal of sexism is pretty spot-on.

I love Mad Men - one of my favorite shows. You can't start it in season 2 - too much going on to catch up on. I recommend renting out season 1 first!

90day.jpg

Timeline

You and me both. I would not like to turn back the clock on women's position in the workforce though. My stepmother worked in advertising on Madison Ave as a secretary in the early 60s and says the portrayal of sexism is pretty spot-on.

I love Mad Men - one of my favorite shows. You can't start it in season 2 - too much going on to catch up on. I recommend renting out season 1 first!

I agree, I wouldn't want the sexism. I just want the Martini's ;)

I'll have to see if I can buy them on iTunes...I'm stuck inside all day with the monsoon we're getting up here.

Have you ever seen Good Night, and Good Luck?

wtf-picard.jpg

I sure have - loved it. Mad Men is very stylized like that movie. Also, lots of smoking!

I'd read Edward R. Murrows biography and seen a documentary before on the McCartney hearings and his show See It Now. Journalists of his kind are missed even more than the two-martini lunch.

90day.jpg

Timeline

I sure have - loved it. Mad Men is very stylized like that movie. Also, lots of smoking!

I'd read Edward R. Murrows biography and seen a documentary before on the McCartney hearings and his show See It Now. Journalists of his kind are missed even more than the two-martini lunch.

With Tim Russert gone there aren't a lot of "real journalists" left. Most now are purely entertainers pretending to be journalists. Nancy Grace...god I hate that b*tch.

wtf-picard.jpg

No there are not - and the internet only makes it worse. I dislike Sarah Palin's politics as much as many of you do - but I watched the whole drama about her family unfold on the Daily Kos/Huff Post and it was very ugly. If it made ME who is opposed to almost everything she believe in feel sympathy for her, god knows what it does to undecided voters. But there are no fact checkers working on most non-MSM websites yet it's difficult to under-estimate the influence they have over what is reported.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
You're not talking about our gun-totin', observin'-Russia-from-a-small-island veep candidate? For shame. Give the woman and her family some respect, y'hear?

:P

Well my friend has been to Israel, that means she knows all about how to solve that problem, right?

I love the way that some shows are available on-demand. Since we left England we've caught up with a bunch of show on that service, and now we're all up to date for the new seasons to start. It's a pity they only seem to to the last season though. There are a few shows (like Mad Men) that I've only caught a couple of episodes, and I'd love to start from the beginning again.

I've spent loads of hours in the pub (in the evening) listening to guys (especially sound mixers for some reason) remembering the good old days of taking a 2 hour liquid lunch. Apparently very few people were sober by the end of the day at Pinewood. The stories are great, but then you realise that there are almost no women in them, and a lot of those men are divorced now, and reaping the health consequences.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.