Beauty for Ashes

blood and organ donation in MENA

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't donate blood. Several times I could not because of some exceptions. Mostly I do not because I pass out at the site of my blood or any blood going through tubes. Needles and medical stuff just bothers me really bad (ironic I married a doctor, lol). If there was ever an emergency near me, I guess I could hide under a blanket and stick my arm out. Its not that I'm being selfish. I just don't handle it well mentally. At this time I've never dontated, but all my blood tests say I am perfectly healthy and have no weird things so I guess I could. I thank God for those of you who do donate. Don't judge me, we each have our phobias, this is mine.

As for organs, I have no problem donating mine, at least the major ones. I want my eyes left alone. It sounds silly, but I don't want my eyes removed or in someone else's head. Maybe I should stop watching strange movies though, lol.

My husband got upset when he found out my driver's license says I am an organ donar. He told me to take it off. It is not that he has a problem with organ donating. He just gets protective of me. There have been cases where someone could have been saved and the hospital let them go so they could get the organs. It is rare, but I know it worries some people.

I was a blood transfusion recipient so I cant in good conscience NOT donate.I have donated so much over the last 20 years its hard to find a vein LOL

As far as organ donation. I would donate my childrens organs as well as my own and that includes anything that was needed. I feel that our body is just a shell and they stuff it full of cotton anyway when they embalm and it seems selfish not to fight to save the lives of others when you arent in the body anyway.

I would gladly donate marrow,blood , plasma if it mean saving a life. The whole living kidney thing scares me a bit because I would be afraid that my one kidney could not handle my body alone although I think that if a family member needed one , I would strongly consider it.

This is NOT a family thing. My mom wouldnt dream of donating nor would anyone else in my family and none of them regularly give blood

the body farm

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

They won't take my blood or organs, I have diabetes and MS, I could donate my body to the MS research, doesn't matter to me, if would bring a cure I am for it. My mother donates all the time, and she just had a knee replacement and she had to get a unit. I think donating blood is a wonderful thing, I would give mine, but like I said no one really is thrilled to take it. lol

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Curious Wahri, have you seen the blood donation/tranfusion methods used in Algeria?

No. But I do know that they get alot of blood from police and army since they seem to be a captive audience and they can force them into donating

By the way , 2 cm -3 and still havent got pit yet and I have been at the hospital since 5 yesterday. They dont have a bed for me in labor and delivery and i have been having contractions since last night around 9 but I am not progressing because I cant get my pit till they move me onto the other floor

OMAZING GRACE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am an organ donator but I like S & S can not stand the sight of blood. Also my veins are super tiny, when I have to get an IV or give blood they have to use a baby needle on me. When I had my last son they had to flip him around (he was breech) and they put an IV in you in case something goes wrong, so they don't have to take the time to hook you up. Anywho, it took like an hour to get the IV in and the procedure took like 10 minutes. So if it were someone very close to me and I was the only way they would be able to get blood I would do it, but mentally I can't do it regularly.

My husband isn't an organ donator - I'm not really sure what his reasons are (maybe it freaks him out). I am wondering if there is some kind of legal ruling (islamic) on this...hmm

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I am an organ donator but I like S & S can not stand the sight of blood. Also my veins are super tiny, when I have to get an IV or give blood they have to use a baby needle on me. When I had my last son they had to flip him around (he was breech) and they put an IV in you in case something goes wrong, so they don't have to take the time to hook you up. Anywho, it took like an hour to get the IV in and the procedure took like 10 minutes. So if it were someone very close to me and I was the only way they would be able to get blood I would do it, but mentally I can't do it regularly.

My husband isn't an organ donator - I'm not really sure what his reasons are (maybe it freaks him out). I am wondering if there is some kind of legal ruling (islamic) on this...hmm

I checked on that when arguing with my husband because I want to donate my organs. There are some schools of thought that say you can donate. Here is one link you can look at:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satelli...aEAskTheScholar

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks - the quoted scholar I know personally (Dr. Siddiqui) so I'll trust this for sure! :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Thanks - the quoted scholar I know personally (Dr. Siddiqui) so I'll trust this for sure! :)

No problem, glad it helped!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.