• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Yup Yup Yup, look at the chart, almost done almost done!!!

hope everyone can pass their interviews!!!

Good Luck to ALL!!!

congratulations to all!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

Congrats Lynn&Ahmed,

Ofcourse we would love to hear ever juicy detail, please, please write, i for one know il be glad to hear of the experience and every single question!

Il be waiting to read!

Congratulations again.

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lynn and ahmed, I would love to hear the details if you feel up to writing them all out! or if you could at least just list the questions they asked you, that would be awesome. thank you!

and congrats to everyone who has had their i485 card ordered! that is awesome!

AOS Journey

12/07/2002 - Eric and I start dating during my semester abroad in Mexico

11/30/2005 - Eric receives F-1 Student Visa

03/13/2008 - We get engaged!

07/12/2008 - We get married :)

09/17/2008 - Send in I-485/I-765/I-130

09/19/2008 - Forms delivered to NBC

09/23/2008 - NOAs

10/18/2008 - Biometrics in San Antonio

12/02/2008 - EAD Case Status touch, CRIS e-mail: "Card Production Ordered on December 2"

12/08/2008 - EAD Case Status touch, CRIS e-mail: "Card Production Ordered on December 5"

12/09/2008 - EAD Case Status touch, CRIS e-mail: "Approval Notice Sent: On December 9th, we mailed you a notice that we have approved I-765"

12/10/2008 - EAD Case Status touch

12/11/2008 - Receive EAD in the mail. The EAD is dated 12/02/2008, and the letter's postmark is dated 12/08/2008

01/09/2009 - Receive Interview Appointment Notice in the mail. Notice date is 1-2-09, and interview is scheduled for 2-26-09

02/26/2009 - AOS Interview. We are approved!!!! Eric gets stamp in his passport that will serve as conditional LPR status until card comes in mail

03/03/2009 - Receive 2 NOAs dated 2/26/09. (The I-130 approval and the I-485 "Welcome to the United States, Your PR Card will come in 3 weeks" approval)

03/10/2009 - Receive LPR card in the mail

11/29/2010 - File Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (this is a Monday, 89 days before 2 years are up)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow!!!!!

Congrats everybody!!!! Looks like they are working again!! :thumbs:

Wooo-hoo! :dance::dance::dance:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Envy me, we were approved today after our interview so you can put an "A" in the AOS column.

They said greencard within 30 days.

If people seem interested in the questions that were asked then I can post them.

But if nobody is really interested, then I will save the typing since

I am still with this awful cold.

Just wanted to let you guys hear the good news today on Jan 26th!!

CONGRATULATION!!!!

Of course we want to know the details! Write them as soon as you feel better!

Take care! (F)

Congratulations to all the approvals!!! :dance::thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay then,

since there are 3 of you who would like to hear the details of the interview questions, then I am motivated now.

I can't leave you three hanging. The lady in the lobby at the reception desk on the second floor took

our interview letter. We had to go through security on the first floor before we could enter the building. He wanted

our passports or drivers license plus interview letter.

Here are some of the questions:

First she made us take an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

She began by asking for our passports, drivers licenses, evidence of joint accounts, birth certificates with any necessary certified translation, his EAD card, AP documents, etc. She returned his EAD card and AP documents after making copies.

Ahmed got asked his full name and his birth date to start. She asked him our address. Then he was asked what day he entered the USA. She asked if he had traveled outside of the US yet on the Advanced Parole.

I got into one of the coughing fits from a cold and had to leave to the restroom crying. By the time

I came back, he had been asked more questions, like was he a terrorist or plan on being a terrorist. Later, he told me that she asked me some of the same questions once I returned from the bathroom as he was asked. I guess

to see if we were both telling the truth. After just one minute, I started another coughing fit and had to leave. I couldn't believe it!! Each time I had to leave a locked door to make it the water fountain and restroom. Then, I returned again and was able to make it through the rest of the 40 minute interview without another coughing fit. She asked us how we

met and when did I go to Egypt for the first time. She asked when Ahmed proposed to me. She asked us the date of our wedding and who were the people that attended, their exact names. She asked where the reception was afterwards.

She also asked where we got married. She asked us if Ahmed's parents knew we got married and had I met

his parents, which I haven't. Then, she wanted to know why. She wanted to know if Ahmed had met my parents

and when and how that went.

She wanted to know how we handled our age difference even though she felt it was not a problem.

She wanted to know if Ahmed was working and where, also what his job was exactly.

She ended up being from my home town and we connected on that level, discussing the difference between

California and the South.

She wanted to know if Ahmed was planning on going back to Egypt and when.

She then asked for our two picture albums and asked if she could keep some of the pictures. She took six. Three of before our marriage which were two with me in a hijab and one of us before the Sakarrah step pyramid, one of Ahmed with my family, one

of everyone at our wedding party, and one of our wedding. She also asked if she could keep the evidence of

all our joint documents, like bank account,cell phone bill, power bill, trash bill, credit card bill, comcast bill, etc.

She asked how we handled being from different religions.

Then, she left the room for a while. When she came back, she handed us the approval letter and said you are approved.

She told Ahmed to take good care of me, and that she and I were sisters, both being from the South.

I told her that I would shake her hand if I wasn't sick with this cold and she said that's okay, that she didn't want my "koodies".

She was super nice and made us feel totally comfortable, even though we were very nervous.

We just told the truth about everything and tried to not tell too many details, just short and sweet. I was afraid

to talk too much anyway because of my throat and getting another coughing fit.

She did not stamp his passport, just removed the I-94 card.

If I think of anything else, then I will come back and add it. Hope this helps others in their interviews in the next

2 months. It was helpful reading other people's posts of their interviews and helped prepare us for ours.

Edited by LynnandAhmed

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Okay then,

since there are 3 of you who would like to hear the details of the interview questions, then I am motivated now.

I can't leave you three hanging. The lady in the lobby at the reception desk on the second floor took

our interview letter. We had to go through security on the first floor before we could enter the building. He wanted

First she made us take an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

She began by asking for our passports, drivers licenses, evidence of joint accounts, birth certificates with any necessary certified translation, his EAD card, AP documents, etc. She returned his EAD card and AP documents after making copies.

Ahmed got asked his full name and his birth date to start. She asked him our address. Then he was asked what day he entered the USA. She asked if he had traveled outside of the US yet on the Advanced Parole.

I got into one of the coughing fits from a cold and had to leave to the restroom crying. By the time

I came back, he had been asked more questions, like was he a terrorist or plan on being a terrorist. Later, he told me that she asked me some of the same questions once I returned from the bathroom as he was asked. I guess

to see if we were both telling the truth. After just one minute, I started another coughing fit and had to leave. I couldn't believe it!! Each time I had to leave a locked door to make it the water fountain and restroom. Then, I returned again and was able to make it through the rest of the 40 minute interview without another coughing fit. She asked us how we

met and when did I go to Egypt for the first time. She asked when Ahmed proposed to me. She asked us the date of our wedding and who were the people that attended, their exact names. She asked where the reception was afterwards.

She also asked where we got married. She asked us if Ahmed's parents knew we got married and had I met

his parents, which I haven't. Then, she wanted to know why. She wanted to know if Ahmed had met my parents

She wanted to know how we handled our age difference even though she felt it was not a problem.

She wanted to know if Ahmed was working and where, also what his job was exactly.

She ended up being from my home town and we connected on that level, discussing the difference between

She then asked for our two picture albums and asked if she could keep some of the pictures. She took six. Three of before our marriage which were two with me in a hijab and one of us before the Sakarrah step pyramid, one of Ahmed with my family, one

of everyone at our wedding party, and one of our wedding. She also asked if she could keep the evidence of

all our joint documents, like bank account,cell phone bill, power bill, trash bill, credit card bill, comcast bill, etc.

Then, she left the room for a while. When she came back, she handed us the approval letter and said you are approved.

She told Ahmed to take good care of me, and that she and I were sisters, both being from the South.

I told her that I would shake her hand if I wasn't sick with this cold and she said that's okay, that she didn't want my "koodies".

She was super nice and made us feel totally comfortable, even though we were very nervous.

We just told the truth about everything and tried to not tell too many details, just short and sweet. I was afraid

If I think of anything else, then I will come back and add it. Hope this helps others in their interviews in the next

2 months. It was helpful reading other people's posts of their interviews and helped prepare us for ours.

I forgot to add that we also gave her our car insurance papers with both of us as operators.

Also, I read a post today with people speculating as to why some get interviewed and maybe our application

wasn't as complete as others who don't get interviewed. We got no RFE's and didn't have a lawyer and felt the application was very complete.

I really think it is random as to who gets an interview and who doesn't, unless it was our age difference?

Anyway, who can predict what they are thinking. One can speculate all day. It's difficult to ascertain.

Good luck to everyone on here that is still waiting for EAD's, AP's and greencards!

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Okay then,

I forgot to add that we also gave her our car insurance papers with both of us as operators.

Also, I read a post today with people speculating as to why some get interviewed and maybe our application

wasn't as complete as others who don't get interviewed. We got no RFE's and didn't have a lawyer and felt the application was very complete.

I really think it is random as to who gets an interview and who doesn't, unless it was our age difference?

Anyway, who can predict what they are thinking. One can speculate all day. It's difficult to ascertain.

Good luck to everyone on here that is still waiting for EAD's, AP's and greencards!

Thanks so much for sharing your interview experience! :)

K-1 Visa:

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-02

NVC Received : 2008-05-20

NVC Left : 2008-05-22

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-28

Interview Date : 2008-08-26

Visa Received : 2008-08-27

US Entry : 2008-08-27

Marriage : 2008-09-04 Yaay!

AOS/EAD Process:

Package Sent: 2008-11-21

Package Received: 2008-11-24

NOA's Notice Date: 2008-12-04 (Day 1)

Cheque Cashed: 2008-12-05 (Day 2)

NOA's Received: 2008-12-08 (Day 5)

Touched: 2008-12-09 (Day 6)

Biometrics Appt: 2009-01-05 Done! (Day 33)

Touched: 2009-01-06 (Day 34)

EAD Approved (Online) 2009-02-02 (Day 61) Card Production Ordered

EAD Touched: 2009-02-03

Interview Letter Received: 2009-02-07

EAD Card Received: 2009-02-12

GC Interview: 2009-03-19 He said we were approved! Got the I-551 stamp in my passport.

Welcome Notice Received, Card Production Ordered: 2009-03-25

Received my GC in the mail: 2009-04-03

Removal of Conditions i-751

Application Sent: 2011-2-28

Biometrics: 2011-3-23

Lynn...

Thanks for sharing the experience, as for not having a complete application, i too belive its random, anyways who's smiling now? you who went for interview or me waiting to hear from california? You see it worked out for good for you and for the others who has had interviews and have been approved.

I'm happy for you both.

Congratulations.

K-1 TIMELINE

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Update....

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First, Congratulations Lynn&Ahmed!

Second, no interview letter yet, nothing.

Third, my husband and I went to the Infopass Monday about the missing letter in his second middle name on the AP document. What a waste of time ! The lady told us that what probably happened was they ran out of room when printing his name because it is soooo long. She got a CO and asked him what should be done and he said nothing, that all the information on the AP is correct and that it would not cause a problem upon re entry. When we asked about looking into our case, such as where is our case, is it being worked on? Why haven't we got an interview letter yet, she said she could not tell us that information ( like it was top secret ) and basically blew us off. What a farce they are down in Detroit. I'm now as disgusted and disappointed as my husband.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

OMG!!!!

I can`t believe it...

I just received a notice from USCIS

I-485 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

It looks like I am going to get my conditional green card around the same time as my EAD!

Good news!!

I have a feeling those who got touched around the 12th are going to get some good news....

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

When did you have an interview?

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

First, Congratulations Lynn&Ahmed!

Second, no interview letter yet, nothing.

Third, my husband and I went to the Infopass Monday about the missing letter in his second middle name on the AP document. What a waste of time ! The lady told us that what probably happened was they ran out of room when printing his name because it is soooo long. She got a CO and asked him what should be done and he said nothing, that all the information on the AP is correct and that it would not cause a problem upon re entry. When we asked about looking into our case, such as where is our case, is it being worked on? Why haven't we got an interview letter yet, she said she could not tell us that information ( like it was top secret ) and basically blew us off. What a farce they are down in Detroit. I'm now as disgusted and disappointed as my husband.

These people are frustrating... i wonder when they ll do what they have to do and completely too.

Sorry for the disappointment.

K-1 TIMELINE

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Update....

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.