rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
hello all,

I was wondering, do you guys think USCIS updates the system at or after a certain time, or do you guys think it is random. Have the people that have gotten emails from them, receive them at pretty much the same time or does it vary? just had that thought since this waiting thing is just driving me nuts. 2 service requests and no emails so far........

the wait over the weekend is the worst, cause we know there will not be any emails on the weekend.

my EAD notification came at 8:15pm, yes, it's after 5pm... and I have no idea why...

Hey same with me, 8.15pm! I still have not had an email from them about my AP, I just noticed online when I went to look at my EAD, so don't forget to check there too.

Good luck, I really hope you can still get a Christmas email. :thumbs:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
hello all,

I was wondering, do you guys think USCIS updates the system at or after a certain time, or do you guys think it is random. Have the people that have gotten emails from them, receive them at pretty much the same time or does it vary? just had that thought since this waiting thing is just driving me nuts. 2 service requests and no emails so far........

the wait over the weekend is the worst, cause we know there will not be any emails on the weekend.

my EAD notification came at 8:15pm, yes, it's after 5pm... and I have no idea why...

Hey same with me, 8.15pm! I still have not had an email from them about my AP, I just noticed online when I went to look at my EAD, so don't forget to check there too.

do USCIS work in a different time zone or something??? or they are working overtime on our cases??? that's nice if they do...

H-1 Process:

10/01/2007 Activated my 3 year H-1b visa

AOS Process:

08/06/2008 Appointment with civil surgeon, blood-work

08/08/2008 Getting married!

08/15/2008 Additional vaccination and chest x-ray taken as per I-693

09/13/2008 AOS packet mailed out to USCIS in Chicago

09/15/2008 AOS packet received by USCIS in Chicago

09/18/2008 NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP issued

09/19/2008 $1010 for I-485 cashed

09/22/2008 $355 for I-130 cashed

09/26/2008 NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 10/15/2008 in Boston USCIS

10/15/2008 Fingerprinting and photo taken for Biometrics in Boston USCIS

10/16/2008 AOS and EAD touched

12/16/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document approval notice sent

12/18/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization card production ordered

12/22/2008 I-797C, Notice of Action received for request for applicant to appear for initial interview for I-485

12/23/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization approval notice sent

12/23/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document received in the mail

12/26/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization document received in the mail

02/13/2009 AOS interview at Boston USCIS office. Approved.

02/27/2009 Green Card received in the mail!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

01/16/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

01/21/11 I-751 received at VSC

01/23/11 Cheque Cashed

01/27/11 NOA1

03/01/11 Biometric appointment

06/17/11 Received Approval Notice in the email

06/22/2001 - Received Approval Notice in the mail (Receipt dated 06/16/2011)

02/23/2009 Green Card received in the mail via USPS priority

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
hello all,

do USCIS work in a different time zone or something??? or they are working overtime on our cases??? that's nice if they do...

Time zone obviously depends on the local office....but...they do work multiple shifts - I believe in some cases even up to full 24 hour shifts, I cannot confirm this though - just what I've heard...

then again, their mail servers might just queue emails until after hours when bandwidth is cheaper

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
hello all,

Thank you,

I hope so too, this week was my 90 day which I called and put in a service request after putting one after my 75 day one and still haven't gotten any updates. I can't do anything else but to wait and pray.

congrats to all that have gotten theirs as I know how relieving it probably is.......

it wouldn't be so frustrating if I didn't need to work, but we could use the second income....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
thank you all for the kind words.... but in regards to my recent approvals, I really think it's the frustrating phone calls that "trigger" those e-mail... now I am waiting for the magical mail to appear in my mailbox and also I wish to hear more good news from all Sept filers!!!

thanks, cutie!

yes, we've made some frustrating phone calls ourselves...

hopefully we'll have some good luck like you did! :innocent:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

:crying: It's been 2 weeks since the wonderful email arrived telling me they had approved my AP. I still don't have the documents and I was really hoping to spend the holidays with my baby girl.

What do I do? I need them by Tuesday. :crying:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Helo Vj, I made a service request call since it's way pass 75 days since NOA. So he gave me number and told me I should hear something by December 24. Hopefully because it will be a good presence then. What's with the number?

Congrats to those newly approved EAD and AP... as well as GC!

More to come pls...

Vida Taylor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

SO NICE TO HEAR THAT THERE ARE SO MANY APPROVALS OUT HERE...

CONGRATS EVERYONE...CHRISTMAS S REALLY ON THE AIR...ITS RAINING GIFTS HERE...

MORE POWER TO THE SEPT FILERS, TO OUR WONDERFUL ENVY_ME, AND TO ALL VJ MEMBERS..

GOD BLESS EVERYONE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called USCIS again today, as after my call last week the operator told me to call after the 18th if we hadn't heard anything about the AOS. My first call was around 3 pm, but the operator told me that she couldn't check for updates from the National Benifits Center because their system was down and that I should wait to call in a couple hours to get an update.

So I called back at 5. This time, however, the operator wasn't of much help. She did put in a request for an interim EAD, thankfully. But she also said that we had to wait until six months after filing for AOS in roder to complain! #######??

I thought there was some sort of 60 or 90 day limit, but didn't have anything in front of me to check. After looking at our case status, I've been justified in my indignation:

"You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response."

And as of Dec 16th it has been 60 days. So there! I was right!

Unfortunately it's now Friday after 6, so I'll have to wait until Monday to call again. But I will surely give them an earful this time! :ranting:

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi friends.

I just got this e-mail from Japanese Consulate here in L.A.

I wish it were a surprise e-mail for my EAD being approved... :crying:

I called USCIS again today. But, no change in my status so far....

Anyway, the e-mail was about Electronic System for Travel Authorization:ESTA.

According to the source, anyone traveling to the U.S. under visa waiver program must register with Electronic System for Travel Authorization:ESTA beforehand. If not, they have rights to decline a person's board to aircraft or entry to the U.S.

There are much more details on the link below.

Since this is only for people traveling under visa waiver program, we do not have to worry about it.

But, if your family members or friends are traveling to the U.S. to visit you under visa waiver program, make sure to read the details from the link below and make sure that they register beforehand.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/

Nao

Edited by Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Hi friends.

According to the source, anyone traveling to the U.S. under visa waiver program must register with Electronic System for Travel Authorization:ESTA beforehand. If not, they have rights to decline a person's board to aircraft or entry to the U.S.

Since this is only for people traveling under visa waiver program, we do not have to worry about it.

But, if your family members or friends are traveling to the U.S. to visit you under visa waiver program, make sure to read the details from the link below and make sure that they register beforehand.

NAO

I am with you. No updates. I will call them on Monday for Interim EAD. I am also going for infopass on Tuesday. I am going to loose my job soon (financial mkt sucks) and I want EAD to ASAP.

Nao

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hi friends.

NAO

I am with you. No updates. I will call them on Monday for Interim EAD. I am also going for infopass on Tuesday. I am going to loose my job soon (financial mkt sucks) and I want EAD to ASAP.

Nao

dont worry I have already lost my job since last wed... and getting an EAD is much better you have the freedom to do what you want to do :) things will eventually workout for you...

H-1 Process:

10/01/2007 Activated my 3 year H-1b visa

AOS Process:

08/06/2008 Appointment with civil surgeon, blood-work

08/08/2008 Getting married!

08/15/2008 Additional vaccination and chest x-ray taken as per I-693

09/13/2008 AOS packet mailed out to USCIS in Chicago

09/15/2008 AOS packet received by USCIS in Chicago

09/18/2008 NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP issued

09/19/2008 $1010 for I-485 cashed

09/22/2008 $355 for I-130 cashed

09/26/2008 NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 10/15/2008 in Boston USCIS

10/15/2008 Fingerprinting and photo taken for Biometrics in Boston USCIS

10/16/2008 AOS and EAD touched

12/16/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document approval notice sent

12/18/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization card production ordered

12/22/2008 I-797C, Notice of Action received for request for applicant to appear for initial interview for I-485

12/23/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization approval notice sent

12/23/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document received in the mail

12/26/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization document received in the mail

02/13/2009 AOS interview at Boston USCIS office. Approved.

02/27/2009 Green Card received in the mail!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

01/16/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

01/21/11 I-751 received at VSC

01/23/11 Cheque Cashed

01/27/11 NOA1

03/01/11 Biometric appointment

06/17/11 Received Approval Notice in the email

06/22/2001 - Received Approval Notice in the mail (Receipt dated 06/16/2011)

02/23/2009 Green Card received in the mail via USPS priority

I know. Most of us already got their EAD and AP and they have stopped cribbing. Some of us are busy in holiday shopping.

Rest of us like me still waiting for their EAD and AP.

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.