rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lynn,

Why the crying?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, anyone seen........

Tea and Honey..?

FromJapan...?

Annie & Tim..?

i'm dying to hear from them how the interview went....

Come out come out where ever you are, with the Green Card!

:lol:

i saw Annie&Tim online here this afternoon..

Really? Guess they are tired out with all the anxiety that came with preparation and anticipation, i only wish they said one little teeny thing....

Well hope it went well.

Feed us details!

Ok!!! Here we are...just back from the Seattle USCIS office! and....(drum roll, please..) IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE!

Very short wait to be called and then a very nice lady did our interview. While we were waiting, I was a little concerned as it seemed everyone else there waiting had their lawyers with them. (We did K3 and have not used a lawyer at all in this process.) The lady took us to her office - very unlike our K3 interview where our "interview" consisted of standing at a window and answering two or three questions. She first asked me for WA State ID...I explained that I couldn't get anything from the State without a SSN, and couldn't get a SSN without my EAD, which I had only received in the mail yesterday. I showed her my brand new EAD card :-) and she took the photocopy of it (that I rushed out and made this morning). Then she pulled out our big fat file. It was nice to see that all the piles of paperwork we had been submitting to them over the past year had not fallen into some black hole, but was all there "present and accounted for". She confirmed the answers from the tickey box page of my I485 (where they ask if you have ever been a terrorist, a prostitute or smuggled people into the US). Then she started going through her file, saying out loud each form and making tick marks on them in red ink. The only thing she asked for from us, where the copies of the documents we had supporting our relationship. She asked to look at our pictures and made nice comments about them. She really didn't ask a whole lot of questions other than "where did you meet?" and a few general questions about what events, and who were the people in some of our photos.

She then asked us both to sign a form saying that IF our GC was approved, we knew that we would need to file to have conditions removed and they wouldn't give us any warnings or notice to do that. She suggested that it was a good idea to start a folder for accumulating documents and things for proof of relationship during the next two years..it would make it easy to have everything together for Removing Conditions.

Then she said that she had everything she needed from us and that it would take up to 8 weeks to receive the GC....she didn't, at any point, use the word approved, but everything else lead us to believe that we passed with flying colors!!!!!!!!!!

Praise God!!! We're looking forward to hearing all about everyone else's interviews! May approvals and Green Cards abound for our fellow September filers!

Annie & Tim

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Hey, anyone seen........

Tea and Honey..?

FromJapan...?

Annie & Tim..?

Really? Guess they are tired out with all the anxiety that came with preparation and anticipation, i only wish they said one little teeny thing....

Well hope it went well.

Feed us details!

Ok!!! Here we are...just back from the Seattle USCIS office! and....(drum roll, please..) IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE!

Very short wait to be called and then a very nice lady did our interview. While we were waiting, I was a little concerned as it seemed everyone else there waiting had their lawyers with them. (We did K3 and have not used a lawyer at all in this process.) The lady took us to her office - very unlike our K3 interview where our "interview" consisted of standing at a window and answering two or three questions. She first asked me for WA State ID...I explained that I couldn't get anything from the State without a SSN, and couldn't get a SSN without my EAD, which I had only received in the mail yesterday. I showed her my brand new EAD card :-) and she took the photocopy of it (that I rushed out and made this morning). Then she pulled out our big fat file. It was nice to see that all the piles of paperwork we had been submitting to them over the past year had not fallen into some black hole, but was all there "present and accounted for". She confirmed the answers from the tickey box page of my I485 (where they ask if you have ever been a terrorist, a prostitute or smuggled people into the US). Then she started going through her file, saying out loud each form and making tick marks on them in red ink. The only thing she asked for from us, where the copies of the documents we had supporting our relationship. She asked to look at our pictures and made nice comments about them. She really didn't ask a whole lot of questions other than "where did you meet?" and a few general questions about what events, and who were the people in some of our photos.

She then asked us both to sign a form saying that IF our GC was approved, we knew that we would need to file to have conditions removed and they wouldn't give us any warnings or notice to do that. She suggested that it was a good idea to start a folder for accumulating documents and things for proof of relationship during the next two years..it would make it easy to have everything together for Removing Conditions.

Then she said that she had everything she needed from us and that it would take up to 8 weeks to receive the GC....she didn't, at any point, use the word approved, but everything else lead us to believe that we passed with flying colors!!!!!!!!!!

Praise God!!! We're looking forward to hearing all about everyone else's interviews! May approvals and Green Cards abound for our fellow September filers!

Annie & Tim

Welcome Back and Congrats, Annie & Tim :star:

Yea, it sounds like that your GC was approved though she did not mention the exact word. :thumbs:

It is great to know that the interview was a piece of cake and you got a nice interviewer. :) It makes everything a lot easier.

So, all you need to do now is to wait for temporary GC to arrive.

This is gonna be your "last" waiting game before removing conditions after 2 years of receiving temporary GC. :yes:

Thanks for the great news. :)

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Lynn,

Why the crying?

hey!! I remember you!!!

We were hoping the case would go to CSC and we would get to skip the interview

like what happened to Ahmed's friend.

Guess we can't be greedy..........

Just noticed only 3 K-1's with interviews from all the Sept. peeps.......

Wonder if the three K-1's are from Arabic countries?

So did you say it is usually shorter to get the EAD card than 30 days?

Good to see and hear from you!!!

I am excited!!

If you love me, then I have everything I need

this is like the best tip for removing conditions.. :thumbs:

annie&tim, congrats! sounds good to me..

try to check the uscis website before u sleep or tom morning..

cos ive heard some people receive some update the night after their interivew..

something like "card production ordered" for GC..

good luck! :dance:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS, Annie & Tim !

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Hey Anne and Tim.... congratulations, it really was a piece of cake if there was a problem she would have indicated so, i'm glad you are over with this aspect now all you have to do is relax until you get your letter and green card. Hopefully it wont be long!

Welcome back and thanks for updating!!! :thumbs:

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!! What a relief!!!!

:dance:

Hey, anyone seen........

Tea and Honey..?

FromJapan...?

Annie & Tim..?

Well hope it went well.

Feed us details!

Annie & Tim

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Hello All,

I am new and this is my first post in this forum. I have sent my applications on 9/19 and still haven't received my EAD/AP. It is frustrating to see that many people who filed after me have already got theirs. I called them for service request and they opened it but still no updates. Hopefully I'll have it soon.

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

Hello All,

I am new and this is my first post in this forum. I have sent my applications on 9/19 and still haven't received my EAD/AP. It is frustrating to see that many people who filed after me have already got theirs. I called them for service request and they opened it but still no updates. Hopefully I'll have it soon.

Welcome here, now that you are on september filers list ... you ll see how fast you ll get your approvals! hehehe.

Dont worry much, they are working on it, if its been up to 90days since you filed then you can call uscis non stop or else they ll ask you to wait some more most times, yes a lot have recieved their approvals and cards some also are yet to and patiently waiting after several calls to uscis.

Welcome to our list!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Hello All,

hello welcome to vj and to sept filers group..

il add u up to our list..

pls update your timeline or post here the info for our timeline table..

hope u dnt mind..

good luck.. :dance:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline
Lynn,

Why the crying?

hey!! I remember you!!!

We were hoping the case would go to CSC and we would get to skip the interview

like what happened to Ahmed's friend.

Guess we can't be greedy..........

Just noticed only 3 K-1's with interviews from all the Sept. peeps.......

Wonder if the three K-1's are from Arabic countries?

So did you say it is usually shorter to get the EAD card than 30 days?

Good to see and hear from you!!!

I am excited!!

Lynn,

I could not forget you....I used to pray for your approval at Embassy level !

I think, and it is only theory, that the EAD card should arrive before the 30 days unless there is some screw up with the postal peeps.

I don't know about the other K-1's. Jamie76 's wife is Asian.

Good to see you, too...who knew we would be September AOS filers together? Really it is sort of a shame if I think about it, considering we applied for the first I-129-F back in 2006 and just now getting to this stage in the game. But at least we made it, eh?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello September filers...

I have a good news and a bad news today. Last week Tuesday I took a QuantiFeron test. It's an additional test for having positive TB skin test. Of course that is after the CXR which was negative for me. I took the test because my doctor advise me since I came from the Philippines and BCG vaccines are given to children there. I had that particular vaccine and so the Quantiferon test will prove if being positive with skin test affect the BCG or not. To make it short, my doctor called me this afternoon and informed me that I AM NEGATIVE!! SO I got a false positive with my TB skin test. YAHOOO!! I am so happy! That's my good news!

Now the bad news is... when I checked my mail just a while ago... I got an email from CRIS saying >

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On December 9, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

How unfortunate!! huhuhuhu :crying: :crying:

I wonder what else is lacking or what kind of evidence they need. I hope I could get ASAP so I could response immediately. Whew! It's a long day!

Another agony of waiting. My I-485 haven't been touched since 11/5 says pending to the office to which it was transferred.

Vida Taylor

Edited by blukiss24

Yay!!!

Just got an email from CRIS that on December 9th, my EAD production of my EAD card was ordered. I assume this means that I have been approved!!

Haven't had any approval notice, but finally I will be able to go back to work before Christmas (after 8 long years!!). I'm glad because I applied for a couple of jobs just yesterday.

I hope everyone else that's been waiting gets some good news real soon!!!

Gaz.

Edited by gazarama

My AOS Timeline

• 09/27/2008 - I-485/I-765 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
  • 09/30/2008 - Package received
  • 10/02/2008 - NOAs mailed out
  • 10/03/2008 - Check cashed
  • 10/06/2008 - Both applications appear online
  • 10/07/2008 - NOAs received
  • 10/17/2008 - I-765 touched
  • 10/18/2008 - Biometrics Appointment received
  • 10/31/2008 - I-485 touched
  • 11/03/2008 - I-485 touched
  • 11/04/2008 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 11/06/2008 - I-485/I-765 touched
  • 12/09/2008 - EAD Card Production ordered
  • 12/10/2008 - I-765 touched
  • 12/15/2008 - EAD Card Production ordered
  • 12/16/2008 - I-765 touched
  • 12/17/2008 - I-765 Approval Notice sent
  • 12/18/2008 - I-765 touched
  • 12/20/2008 - EAD received
  • 12/23/2008 - Applied for SSN
  • 01/03/2009 - SSN received
  • 01/15/2009 - I-485 touched
  • 01/16/2009 - I-485 touched
  • 01/21/2009 - Start work again after 8 years away
  • 01/26/2009 - I-485 touched
  • 02/02/2009 - Received AOS interview letter (March 17th)
  • 03/17/2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!!!
  • 03/20/2009 - GC Card Production ordered
  • 03/30/2009 - GC Card received in the mail. Good for the next 10 years!
    AOS Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.