rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Congratulations justagirl24! :dancing:

That sounds like a pretty good interview. It is really helpful and sort of comforting to read other peoples interview experiences in detail. It makes me feel more prepared and less nervous about our own!

Well, we are going to talk to them tomorrow morning. I have my two large binders ready to take with me. :)

It's funny how much stuff it takes! A lot of it for me is all of the documents ever issued to me by USCIS since I've been in the country for 10 years.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

AOS timeline

07/17/2008 - POE Washington D.C. as an F1 visa student (had an F1 since 2006)

08/22/2008 - married a very charming and gorgeous USC

09/02/2008 - mailed my AOS submission with EAD and AP (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765 together to Chicago Lockbox)

09/04/2008 - AOS submission received and signed for by V. Bustamante

09/09/2008 - checks with fees for i-130 and i-485 cashed

09/12/2008 - NOA1 arrives in the mail (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765 one each), notice dates 09/09/2008

09/13/2008 - Biometrics appointment letter arrives in the mail. Appointment scheduled for 10/01/2008

09/15/2008 - Walk in biometrics successful! Biometrics done.

09/25/2008 - i-130, i-131 and i-765 viewable online! i-485 not viewable - showing a Validation Error.

11/13/2008 - i-131 (the AP) touched online! i-485 still not viewable

11/13/2008 - i-765 EAD card production ordered - online notification! Yay!

11/15/2008 - i-131 AP comes in the mail! It was approved on 11/12, not updated online yet.

11/21/2008 - received an e-mail from CRIS that my EAD has been mailed.

11/22/2008 - receive EAD in the mail

12/12/2008 - received the letter scheduling the interview with USCIS

02/05/2009 - date of the interview, green card approved!!!

10454.gif

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can't wait to hear how smooth the interview went, and also to read you have been approved! My prayers are with you, Tena.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello my September filers!

So I finally have my interview today! In my excitement I woke up 4am and started getting ready. My husband, mother in law and I started our journey on the way to the office around 6:30am. My appointment will be at 8am and just trying to get out the house early to avoid the morning rush. We arrived in the office at around 7:25am. Went through the security and everything. No digital camera allowed. Immediately ride the elevator going through the 3rd floor where the office is. There was already 2 couples( I believe so) ahead of us. Just gave my appointment letter and told me to sit down. It was 5 minutes to 8am when a woman called my name. My husband stood up and walked with me but the lady told him she wants to speak with me first. So I went inside the room brought with me my papers and bag. I sat down and told me to stand up first and made me swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.. Crazy me:) So after that she smilingly said ok you may sit down. That smile made me feel at ease.

She began by asking my passport and took out my I-94 in it. Then she went through my AOS papers (the I-485 form) and asked me one by one with everything I wrote there. Stated my name first,address,birthday,social security,my moms first name, my dads first name,my birthplace, and everything that I have wrote in the form. While I am answering those, she kept on marking a check in the form until we reached to those questions answerable by Yes or No. She asked for my husband's passport..I gave him 2 passport because the other one with stamp on it where he went visited me in the Philippines was kinda torn out because I accidentally washed it. I didn't checked his pocket that time and the passport was there.. silly me! So anyway, I explained it to her and she laughed. After that she asked for my husband's birth certificate. Asked about when did I arrived in the US, when was our wedding and asked some pictures on it. I gave her several pictures outside the album.. didn't put it in the album anymore since it doesn't fit. I have the native album where I put all the pictures I had during our first meeting. She asked each person in the wedding picture. Thought the officiator was my mother in law. She then said I will keep some of it. Asked for our marriage certificate. She then asked for proof of living together. I gave her our tax return document and the Joint billing statement of our lot rent. She seems satisfied of it.

The second part was a lil bit personal because she asked me about my husband's status. My husband is unemployed right now. Actually from the time I arrived here until now because he was laid off and since then he was just receiving unemployment benefit and till now no luck of finding a job. She told me so your financial sponsor is your mother in law and she appreciated a lot that she went with us as well. She was our co sponsor. Then she went back to the personal problem of my husband and she began explaining about the waiver if ever we both decided to part ways before the expiration of my green card. She told me about my choices and that I could be granted a 10 year green card if ever I chose to leave him. OK, it might be confusing to you guys, my husband has a lil problem that I can't tell here.. but I told the Immigration Officer that I love my husband mam despite of it. So she was like yeah I know I am just explaining to you your options if ever you decide to leave him because we don't know what will happen the next couple of months and that she said that you will receive you green card probably 2 to 3 weeks utmost. She also explain that you need to file the removal of conditions 90 days before your card expires. Again she explained about the waiver if ever I will need it. I find it ridiculous but I didn't say any word and just smiled at her thank her. Then this time she called my husband. Just asked him about his problem and if he is dealing with it. Since we both proved to her that he is dealing with his problem and she asked him the same questions she asked me and we have the same answer. So she end up saying... ok that's it! I don't see any problem here! Do you guys have questions? SO I said, well Mam I guess I just want to ask if I am approved? And she said YES! You will get your card in the mail soon. Good luck to both of you and she congratulated us! That's it! Whew! No sweat at all. Probably all in all it was just like 20 minutes.

When we were going out the building I saw lots of people in line. I am very glad that our schedule is first thing in the morning. Then we went back home and I had fun taking pictures on our way.

Thanks to all the people here who encourages me... beautiful years,Lucie and Damon,Nagishaw for your prayers, envy_me for that very awesome chart and you can now put "A" next to my interview date..and to everybody here! My September filers don't lose hope and you guys will soon have approvals!

Thank God Almighty for being with me and my husband throughout all these stressful process. I am very glad that I am a member of this site!

Now waiting for my actual green card!! SO happy!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you for reading and God bless us all!

Vida Taylor

Edited by blukiss24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Congratulations everybody on the latest approvals and interviews!

I just received a nice package in the mail....

Green Card received on Feb 4th!

Application for Citizenship

N400: NOA 11/01/2011

In queue for interview scheduling: 11/28/2011

Yellow letter asking to bring state issued ID: 12/23/2011

Interview: 04/09/2012

Oath ceremony: 07/31/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, congrats to all!

Today I received the magic email! :dance: :dance:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. "

The last touch was on Jan 12th, so for those in the same time frame, cheer up, yours might come real soon! :yes:

Thanks to eeveryone for the support and for Envy Me updates which was really helpful! :thumbs:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Timeline
Congratulations everybody on the latest approvals and interviews!

I just received a nice package in the mail....

Green Card received on Feb 4th!

COngrats Dutti!

Vida Taylor

Timeline
Hello my September filers!

So I finally have my interview today! In my excitement I woke up 4am and started getting ready. My husband, mother in law and I started our journey on the way to the office around 6:30am. My appointment will be at 8am and just trying to get out the house early to avoid the morning rush. We arrived in the office at around 7:25am. Went through the security and everything. No digital camera allowed. Immediately ride the elevator going through the 3rd floor where the office is. There was already 2 couples( I believe so) ahead of us. Just gave my appointment letter and told me to sit down. It was 5 minutes to 8am when a woman called my name. My husband stood up and walked with me but the lady told him she wants to speak with me first. So I went inside the room brought with me my papers and bag. I sat down and told me to stand up first and made me swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.. Crazy me:) So after that she smilingly said ok you may sit down. That smile made me feel at ease.

She began by asking my passport and took out my I-94 in it. Then she went through my AOS papers (the I-485 form) and asked me one by one with everything I wrote there. Stated my name first,address,birthday,social security,my moms first name, my dads first name,my birthplace, and everything that I have wrote in the form. While I am answering those, she kept on marking a check in the form until we reached to those questions answerable by Yes or No. She asked for my husband's passport..I gave him 2 passport because the other one with stamp on it where he went visited me in the Philippines was kinda torn out because I accidentally washed it. I didn't checked his pocket that time and the passport was there.. silly me! So anyway, I explained it to her and she laughed. After that she asked for my husband's birth certificate. Asked about when did I arrived in the US, when was our wedding and asked some pictures on it. I gave her several pictures outside the album.. didn't put it in the album anymore since it doesn't fit. I have the native album where I put all the pictures I had during our first meeting. She asked each person in the wedding picture. Thought the officiator was my mother in law. She then said I will keep some of it. Asked for our marriage certificate. She then asked for proof of living together. I gave her our tax return document and the Joint billing statement of our lot rent. She seems satisfied of it.

The second part was a lil bit personal because she asked me about my husband's status. My husband is unemployed right now. Actually from the time I arrived here until now because he was laid off and since then he was just receiving unemployment benefit and till now no luck of finding a job. She told me so your financial sponsor is your mother in law and she appreciated a lot that she went with us as well. She was our co sponsor. Then she went back to the personal problem of my husband and she began explaining about the waiver if ever we both decided to part ways before the expiration of my green card. She told me about my choices and that I could be granted a 10 year green card if ever I chose to leave him. OK, it might be confusing to you guys, my husband has a lil problem that I can't tell here.. but I told the Immigration Officer that I love my husband mam despite of it. So she was like yeah I know I am just explaining to you your options if ever you decide to leave him because we don't know what will happen the next couple of months and that she said that you will receive you green card probably 2 to 3 weeks utmost. She also explain that you need to file the removal of conditions 90 days before your card expires. Again she explained about the waiver if ever I will need it. I find it ridiculous but I didn't say any word and just smiled at her thank her. Then this time she called my husband. Just asked him about his problem and if he is dealing with it. Since we both proved to her that he is dealing with his problem and she asked him the same questions she asked me and we have the same answer. So she end up saying... ok that's it! I don't see any problem here! Do you guys have questions? SO I said, well Mam I guess I just want to ask if I am approved? And she said YES! You will get your card in the mail soon. Good luck to both of you and she congratulated us! That's it! Whew! No sweat at all. Probably all in all it was just like 20 minutes.

When we were going out the building I saw lots of people in line. I am very glad that our schedule is first thing in the morning. Then we went back home and I had fun taking pictures on our way.

Thanks to all the people here who encourages me... beautiful years,Lucie and Damon,Nagishaw for your prayers, envy_me for that very awesome chart and you can now put "A" next to my interview date..and to everybody here! My September filers don't lose hope and you guys will soon have approvals!

Thank God Almighty for being with me and my husband throughout all these stressful process. I am very glad that I am a member of this site!

Now waiting for my actual green card!! SO happy!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thank you for reading and God bless us all!

Vida Taylor

Congratulations, so nice to hear the good news and the details of your interview ...I am so glad for you...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congratulation Vida! I m so happy for you guys! I hope you and your husband will find a job soon now! :thumbs:

Congratulation to Dutti too! that was not painful for you at all! no interview, just get the card like that! ;)

And congrats to you Precious! I hope you ll receive it soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
I haven't posted much on here and periodically check here to see what's going on. It was transferred in November 2008 and we were touched on 1/12/09 saying that the paperwork was at the place it was transferred to. Is anyone other than us having trouble with getting anything done since our paperwork has been transferred to the CSC? :wacko:

Mine is the same way, I expect that the CSC folks will be hearing something soon. Hang in there! :)

Yep, so is mine. The last touch was also on 1/12/09. Hopefully we will get some good approval news soon :)

Yeah, a bunch of us who were transferred to CSC got touched on 1/12... no word since then, but a few approvals have rolled in since 1/12 (none before that), so hopefully they're working on us finally!

Ditto. We are in the same boat, but ours was touched on 1/13. :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. "

The last touch was on Jan 12th, so for those in the same time frame, cheer up, yours might come real soon! :yes:

Thanks to eeveryone for the support and for Envy Me updates which was really helpful! :thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS Precious!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS Precious!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks!

I don't post much, but I visit the forum everyday.

I have noticed that there is a bunch of us that got the last touch on 1/12.

I guess they ARE moving this pile now!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Kiwinana,

I recently got approved wthout an interview and I didn`t have the TB skin test done, just the X rays while in Belgium.

Neither did I get anything transcribed. My medical and vaccination record were complete and I handed them over in the

big brown envelope at the POE.

I read a lot about the new requirements ( my medical was dated after June 1st, so new rules would apply to it)

I didn`t get any RFE and got approved sooner than expected after being transfered to CSC.

But if you`re still in your home country, I would get the skin test done, just to give them what they want.

Anybody else have some advice on this?

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your reply! :) The new requirements are very confusing! It's good to hear that you had no problems!! Just wish uscis would be 100% clear on the new rules. it seems that even they don't really know what is going on :wacko:

Best wishes!!! :star:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

We received our email yesterday for the approval of Barry's I-485! Looks like things are moving along for all the Sept. filers!

Debbie & Barry

K-1 Timeline:

10-29-2007 Sent I 129-F to CSC

10-31-2007 I 129-F received CSC 9:48 AM

11-02-2007 NOA-1

11-07-2007 check cashed!

11-09-2007 NOA-1 hard copy received

3-11-08 RFE

3-17-08 RFE received by mail

3-22-08 RFE reply sent from England

4-09-08 RFE received CSC case resumed

4-18-08 NOA2 by email (after 172 days)

4-24-08 NOA2 hard copy

5-01-08 NVC received

5-02-08 case forwarded to US Embassy London

5-07-08 received by London Embassy

5-08-08 Packet 3 sent from Embassy

5-15-08 Packet 3 mailed recorded delivery

5-21-08 Packet 3 received US Embassy London

6-02-08 Medical

6-13-08 packet 4 received

7-01-08 Interview London Embassy Approved!

7-04-08 Visa in hand! hurray!

7-13-08 POE Cleveland, OH

9-23-08 (AOS package sent)

9-29-08 NOA received I-485, I-131, I-765

10-21-08 biometrics appt

12-12-08 EAD and AP received by mail!

2-04-2009 AOS approved!

2-12-2009 card received

11-05-2010 I-751 mailed to CSC

11-08-2010 received CS, NOA1 date

12-20-10 biometrics

02-09-11 ROC approved

02-14-11 Greencard received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats :thumbs:

We received our email yesterday for the approval of Barry's I-485! Looks like things are moving along for all the Sept. filers!

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.