almaty

Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey, well, the 9/11 bombing was from Allah, apparently. So God is basically battling multiple personalities, I guess, and belongs in a mental institution.

With proper medication and weekly visits from a case manager, I'd advocate for God to be allowed out in the community.

I'm not convinced - God's recidivism risk is high.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's customary to post a source link or you can just make it up.

Whatever the religious angle, the Republicans have two candidates with sons in the military and the Democrats don't have any but they are quick to run from Iraq to send others' sons and daughters off to Afghanistan (or perhaps Pakistan).

When do we start hearing the cries of "chickenhawk" on the Internet applied to Obama like we did for Bush?

yeah, i wrote it myself.. ....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmmm, I must have thanked the wrong person on post #37.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

If people like me are stupid, but I am not stupid, then I must not be like people like me.

More Venn man!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Strangely Obama doing it doesn't make it any less objectionable.

True however, there is a difference between postioning on a subject because it's god's will and trying to reach a rational position on a subject based on all the available data and then asking god to bless your decision.

Of course, as there is no evidence of what data Sarah Palin used to reach her decision that it is 'a task from god' it's a little difficult to be sure, but the absence of much rationale is indicative of itself, in my opinion.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Hmmm, I must have thanked the wrong person on post #37.

lol...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
Strangely Obama doing it doesn't make it any less objectionable.

True however, there is a difference between postioning on a subject because it's god's will and trying to reach a rational position on a subject based on all the available data and then asking god to bless your decision.

Of course, as there is no evidence of what data Sarah Palin used to reach her decision that it is 'a task from god' it's a little difficult to be sure, but the absence of much rationale is indicative of itself, in my opinion.

Well there is that of course... Now that I think of it wasn't there some question of Tony Blair's religious scruples in regards to his decision-making? I figure something must explain the close relationship between TB and GWB (and he got visibly irritated at Jeremy Paxman for asking "if they pray together").

I can totally understand needing appeal to certain demographics with certain types of language (in that respect - Obama probably has work to do because the religious right are not ordinarily inclined to vote Democratic), but if these guys really do believe that God is speaking through them when they make decisions - that's pretty frightening.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Well there is that of course... Now that I think of it wasn't there some question of Tony Blair's religious scruples in regards to his decision-making? I figure something must explain the close relationship between TB and GWB (and he got visibly irritated at Jeremy Paxman for asking "if they pray together").

I remember seeing that. He told Paxman that they didn't pray together and tried to laugh it off. I'd bet any money he was lying. If Bush is the God Warrior that he likes to make out he is, there's no way on Earth they wouldn't have bowed their heads together during their tete a tetes.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Talking of, was it Ronald or Nancy who used to consult a medium?

Yes, Blair's religious zeal was a little troubling at times and could explain their apparant closeness and I don't really know if these people do believe what they spout or whether they are just pandering. Palin does seem to believe her own version of the religious dogma which is what worries me, creationism etc.

What's interesting is that I don't find Bush 2 gives of that 'religious zeal' aura. He doesn't seem to embrace it quite so enthusiastically. It could be that's just the way he comes over though, he seems to sort of let life brush over him without taking anything very seriously.

Timeline
Talking of, was it Ronald or Nancy who used to consult a medium?

Yes, Blair's religious zeal was a little troubling at times and could explain their apparant closeness and I don't really know if these people do believe what they spout or whether they are just pandering. Palin does seem to believe her own version of the religious dogma which is what worries me, creationism etc.

Yeah the abstinence-only stuff and wanting schools to teach Creationism does seem to suggest that.

Incidentally she also doesn't believe in climate change, which is something else to be a little concerned about. Bush/Cheney used that to their advantage over the last 8 years, but I believe there was a recent statement to the effect that the administration now recognises it.

Will this be a step back I wonder? Aggressive industrial expansion and ####### the consequences...

What's interesting is that I don't find Bush 2 gives of that 'religious zeal' aura. He doesn't seem to embrace it quite so enthusiastically. It could be that's just the way he comes over though, he seems to sort of let life brush over him without taking anything very seriously.

Its hard to tell - because as was mentioned yesterday a pre-requisite for being president is a belief in God (or at least saying you believe in God).

Edited by Paul Daniels

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
damn your hide brother arijit...the right wing be coming after you..you just insulted their new crowned princess

Palin is a new face, her ideas are as old as dirt.

They're worth less, though.

Religious freak with a button.. or close to one.

We hear consequences of that time to time in the news.

Its usually been that way throughout history. Just instead of buttons they heralded trumpets to battle. Or crusades. :wacko:

I dunno - I kinda find it disturbing when people talk about areas of policy (and indeed their own responsibilities) as being somehow appointed to them by a higher power. It has the smell of manifest destiny all over it.

Dude it reeks of lunacy.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
damn your hide brother arijit...the right wing be coming after you..you just insulted their new crowned princess

Palin is a new face, her ideas are as old as dirt.

They're worth less, though.

Religious freak with a button.. or close to one.

We hear consequences of that time to time in the news.

Its usually been that way throughout history. Just instead of buttons they heralded trumpets to battle. Or crusades. :wacko:

I dunno - I kinda find it disturbing when people talk about areas of policy (and indeed their own responsibilities) as being somehow appointed to them by a higher power. It has the smell of manifest destiny all over it.

Dude it reeks of lunacy.

I don't know about Religious freaks but GWB's adventures in the middle-east remind me a lot of General Custer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
It's customary to post a source link or you can just make it up.

Whatever the religious angle, the Republicans have two candidates with sons in the military and the Democrats don't have any but they are quick to run from Iraq to send others' sons and daughters off to Afghanistan (or perhaps Pakistan).

When do we start hearing the cries of "chickenhawk" on the Internet applied to Obama like we did for Bush?

Yeah I'm really sure he made up the article himself :rolleyes:

Well he IS a prolific writer. :lol:

I didn't say Charles was stupid. I said people that think like him are stupid. That's NOT the same thing!

you might wish to reread what you posted.....

you really see the universe like a cartoon villain vs. a superhero, don't you? it's still difficult for me to believe people of such stupidity are born in the 21st century. Of course, it all makes sense, as you and other religious nuts (of all stripes) want us all to return to the Dark Ages.

I said you were a religious nut; I didn't say you were stupid. I said people LIKE YOU are stupid and that religious nuts are stupid. :innocent:

it's amazing how you think i'm a religious nut. that has to be the post of the day! :rofl:

I think most of us here can conclude that you are... into the whole MISSIONARY [position] thing. :yes: (as most of us guys I presume! :lol:)

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.