outlawvette

Help! I am lost.........

27 posts in this topic

How can you she have an interview date if she hasn't sent in the DS2001 and DS230? That is what I am confused about. She needs a medical exam and police certificates for her interview too. Here is the information needed for a fiance visa in Rio:

http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/inde...amp;itemmenu=58

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Thanks, were on it now

We applied for a passport in 2006 and it only took a week. Unless things have changed, you should be able to get one in time for the interview. Have her get to Rio and submit her application as soon as possible. She'll have to return to pick it up, but she can do that a day before she goes to the interview.

By the way, does she live in Rio? If not, where does she live?

Good luck.

Edited by Carol and Bruno

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
How can you she have an interview date if she hasn't sent in the DS2001 and DS230? That is what I am confused about. She needs a medical exam and police certificates for her interview too. Here is the information needed for a fiance visa in Rio:

She already has the police reports as I told her to get them last week. She has several of the vaccinations already and she is now trying to schedule an appointment with one of the doctors listed in Rio. I know this is all moving very fast, a lot faster that I could ever imagine. What if her packet never arrives? Her and I both have no confidence in the mail system there. She lives in a small town in the northern part of the Para, in Altamira.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She already has the police reports as I told her to get them last week. She has several of the vaccinations already and she is now trying to schedule an appointment with one of the doctors listed in Rio. I know this is all moving very fast, a lot faster that I could ever imagine. What if her packet never arrives? Her and I both have no confidence in the mail system there. She lives in a small town in the northern part of the Para, in Altamira.

All that is needed is available on the website...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, except for the interview letter! I am not sure security will let her in without that letter.

As to the mail, my fiancee who lives in a small town in Minas received the interview letter/packet 3/packet 4 (there's just one packet) 5 days after it was mailed by the Consulate.

You can email the Consulate at ImmigrationRio@state.gov for questions, they have always replied within 24 hours (or less)... unlike the NVC!

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
But she does not have a Brazilian passport. That is what I meant to ask, if she needed a Brazilian passport first. If so this would be the first we have been told about it.

Passports are required for international travel by humans. It's such common knowledge it isn't really addressed in explanations of the visa process. Visas go in passports.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Well, except for the interview letter! I am not sure security will let her in without that letter.

As to the mail, my fiancee who lives in a small town in Minas received the interview letter/packet 3/packet 4 (there's just one packet) 5 days after it was mailed by the Consulate.

You can email the Consulate at ImmigrationRio@state.gov for questions, they have always replied within 24 hours (or less)... unlike the NVC!

Packet came to her today and the Federal Police assured her she would have her passports in one week. Thanks guys for all the help.

Timeline
Passports are required for international travel by humans. It's such common knowledge it isn't really addressed in explanations of the visa process. Visas go in passports.
I am sorry to disappoint you but not all of us are as up to date on such procedures as for many this is a first time deal. I assumed that she would recieve a US Passort and Visa at the time of her interview if approved. I was incorrect and I am not afraid to say so. Afterall, this is a forum to ask questions and learn from them. You can also learn how some people try to make others look stupid for not knowing all the answers.

I am sorry to disappoint you but not all of us are as up to date on such procedures as for many this is a first time deal. I assumed that she would recieve a US Passort and Visa at the time of her interview if approved. I was incorrect and I am not afraid to say so. Afterall, this is a forum to ask questions and learn from them. You can also learn how some people try to make others look stupid for not knowing all the answers.

Don't worry about asking questions. Most people are here to be helpful.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You said nobody told you. I explained why. It's as simple as that. You asked a question and got a straight answer. That's what this forum is for. Your first clue was that in order for the two of you to meet one of you had to travel abroad. Since she has no passport, you did the traveling and have a passport and visa so it follows you'd have some exposure to the need for a passport and that visas go in passports.

/ 04SEP08 / 0504 UTC

National U.S.A. (US) /Destination Brazil (BR)

Brazil (BR)

Passport required.

- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid

at least for the period of intended stay.

Visa required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You said nobody told you. I explained why. It's as simple as that. You asked a question and got a straight answer. That's what this forum is for. Your first clue was that in order for the two of you to meet one of you had to travel abroad. Since she has no passport, you did the traveling and have a passport and visa so it follows you'd have some exposure to the need for a passport and that visas go in passports.

/ 04SEP08 / 0504 UTC

National U.S.A. (US) /Destination Brazil (BR)

Brazil (BR)

Passport required.

- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid

at least for the period of intended stay.

Visa required.

There's a way of answering a question so as not to try to make a person feel stupid he asked such a simple question in the first place. You obviously have no grasp of this said talent. Yes, I may have asked a stupid question without doing any research but I had envisioned a different idea about passports from fiancees coming to America to stay. I was wrong about this and I openly admit it. You and your responses make me feel so welcome on this board. I thank the rest of you for bearing with my ignorance and trying to help me. I do appreciate it greatly.

[ There's a way of answering a question so as not to try to make a person feel stupid he asked such a simple question in the first place. You obviously have no grasp of this said talent. Yes, I may have asked a stupid question without doing any research but I had envisioned a different idea about passports from fiancees coming to America to stay. I was wrong about this and I openly admit it. You and your responses make me feel so welcome on this board. I thank the rest of you for bearing with my ignorance and trying to help me. I do appreciate it greatly.

I wouldn't take his remarks personally. Perhaps it is just his choice of words that makes it seem like he is talking down to people. You're not the only one who recieves this type of reply. Who knows, it's the internet. :lol:

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.