Karri

September 08 K1 fillers

828 posts in this topic

Well Add our names to list of Sept 08 file... We are using a lawyer... and I personally feel better using one... Plus he was real reasonable compared to some I have seen. If any body needs one let me know... and I forward you his information. I am kinda glad I found this web site but then again I was better not knowing some of the peoples stories.. Take care and God Bless...

I have a lawyer as well because I have kids involved in my case and my lawyer is my best friend anyways, hahahaha!

Like everything in this world, there are good and there are bad. Good lawyers and Bad lawyers.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I just want to share something. Last Friday, I watched the movie, "Twilight". Well, the simplicity and clear picturesque of the movie fascinate me. For me, the movie is really romantic in any sense of it.

After I watched and have a thought of it. I realize that it isn't far from the situation that I have right now and maybe most of VJ'ers too. Lovers living in a different world with different acceptance. The man could survive to live in the word of his mortal lover, just to be with her, but it will give risk to his life and the woman he loves. On the other hand, the woman could definitely adapt and survive in the world of the man she loves. But even though, there are so many hindrances that go between them, which makes them being together hard to achieve but could be.

Living in different part of the world is one of the greatest hindrances that goes between us and the person we love. It can be overcome by having understanding, patience, unconditional love, and faith.

Am I being so mushy? :lol: I just miss my Bebe ko so much! Please bear with me. :P

I dont think I have seen that movie yet, but it kind of sounds like "Ghost" with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. But too answer your question, YEAH, too mushy! haha

Don't feel bad. I requested an expedite on october 20th and still havent heard anything. I call the 800 number and just get told to not bother them again, they don't know anything, and i'll be contacted soon. =(

I just want to share something. Last Friday, I watched the movie, "Twilight". Well, the simplicity and clear picturesque of the movie fascinate me. For me, the movie is really romantic in any sense of it.

After I watched and have a thought of it. I realize that it isn't far from the situation that I have right now and maybe most of VJ'ers too. Lovers living in a different world with different acceptance. The man could survive to live in the word of his mortal lover, just to be with her, but it will give risk to his life and the woman he loves. On the other hand, the woman could definitely adapt and survive in the world of the man she loves. But even though, there are so many hindrances that go between them, which makes them being together hard to achieve but could be.

Living in different part of the world is one of the greatest hindrances that goes between us and the person we love. It can be overcome by having understanding, patience, unconditional love, and faith.

Am I being so mushy? :lol: I just miss my Bebe ko so much! Please bear with me. :P

I dont think I have seen that movie yet, but it kind of sounds like "Ghost" with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. But too answer your question, YEAH, too mushy! haha

Don't feel bad. I requested an expedite on october 20th and still havent heard anything. I call the 800 number and just get told to not bother them again, they don't know anything, and i'll be contacted soon. =(

And whoops i replied to the wrong post lol gg me. I ment to reply to the one about the expedite. Sry =(

~Our Story Time Line~

How We First Met: World of Warcraft, an online game ~ 2004

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

First Time Face-to-Face: June 30, 2008

Sent I-129F: Sept 26, 2008

NOA1: Sept. 29, 2008

NOA1 Hardcopy: Oct. 3rd, 2008

Touched: October 2, 2008

Requested Expedite: October 20, 2008

Touched: October 21, 2008

Holiday in US: December 17, 2008

Touched: January 9, 2009

NOA2 online: January 9, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA2 Hardcopy: January 15, 2009

NVC Receives Paperwork: January 20, 2009

NVC Letter Saying They Will Forward to Consulate: January 23, 2009

Back to NZ =( : January 30, 2009

Packet 3 Received: February 1, 2009

Sent Packet 3 : February 2, 2009

Consulate Receives Packet 3: February 3, 2009

Medical: February 4, 2009

Checklist Sent: February 4, 2009

Interview Appointment: February 12, 2009, 8:45am

Visa Approved!!! : February 12, 2009

Picked Up Visa: February 19, 2009, WOHOO!!!

POE San Francisco: February 22, 2009

Wedding: February 27, 2009

Honeymoon: February 27 - March 6 in beautiful Santa Cruz!

AOS Paperwork Received: April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appointment: May 1, 2009

Card Production Ordered for I-765: May 28, 2009

Work Authorization Card Received: June, 2009

I-485 Appointment: July 8, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I actually got a call from CSC today! The guy was an a :devil::devil: hole, but was polite about it anyway. Basically told me he was going to deny my expedite request unless I could get a doctor to say the situation is very severe - I told him that is the point :bonk: - the doctor doesn't know, so I want her here to get medical treatment. So he asked for the doctor to send an update, but I told him she is leaving for Japan today, and he said "well, if she is well enough to fly, then I cant see why we need to expedite this". I told him it is not about her, it is about our baby. Flying doesnt change the fact the mass on the baby's fetal stem could be cancer, or anything else. Anyway, he gave me a week to send more information (before he denies my request).

He also told me he just received my fax today - I have sent him 3 or 4 faxes since the 18th. So you might try sending yours again, and again and again. I also sent one to the director as I mentioned, which didnt seem to help, but it is funny that only a few days later this guy finally called me. Maybe it did help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just watched Twilight with my friend tonight. I'm not really into Vampire -esque movies but this movie was amazing and exceeded all of my expectations! The romance, the sexual tension, it was amazing. I left with warm fuzzies hehe. Now I want to read those books!

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just watched Twilight with my friend tonight. I'm not really into Vampire -esque movies but this movie was amazing and exceeded all of my expectations! The romance, the sexual tension, it was amazing. I left with warm fuzzies hehe. Now I want to read those books!

Hahaha! It made me wanted to read the books too. Actually, I already asked my Bebe ko to find me the books in his place. I might not have the time to read it here because I have to concentrate with my class and my thesis proposals. Though I already checked the bookstores here, they don't have the stocks of it.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
I am safely with my fiance after having both a bus and an airplane breaking down during my travels (making my travels more than 48 hours!)

I missed Thanksgiving with him, but I am very excited about Xmas. It is snowing here in Colorado Springs - very beautiful

what part of colorado springs do u live at? we will live in fountain but the time i was there he was renting a house closed to fort carson, near Uncle Guidos bar...do u know it!? It would be fun if we live close!

We live on Peterson AFB. Its right next to the airport. I dont know the area near Fort Carson yet, we have not been out in that direction. But as soon as you are here or if you come visit we should meet up. Colorado Springs is all spread out so getting anywhere needs a drive in any case.

2008-09-22: Mailed I-129f package.

2008-09-25: NOA1

2009-01-13: RFE

2009-02-17: NOA2

2009-02-25: NVC

2009-03-03: Package 3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you felt warm fuzzies with the movie, you will be on fire with the books! :yes: They are awesome!! I highly recommend them! :thumbs:

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok guys...we must be the quietest forum on all of VJ! We need some action here. :jest: I think August filers will start seeing approvals any day now, and hopefully we won't be too far behind. Does anyone else feel like time is standing still?!? The first couple of months flew by and I hardly thought about it at all, but now, AGH!!, I can't stop thinking about it. It is so exciting to read the July thread with all of the approvals going on, and even the August thread where there is so much anticipation. I can't wait until that's us!!! :dancing: I'm trying to do all I can to stay busy because that seems to make time go by quicker. I am going up to Seattle this weekend to "play" with a couple of my good friends, and then on the 24th I am going to Mexico to spend the holidays with Aldo (8 days!!!). :wub: I cannot wait! Other than that, I am just working hard, going to the gym, eating WAY too much, spending entirely too much time online...anything to keep my mind off this whole process. Anybody have any ideas for what keeps you occupied and staying positive?

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
I am safely with my fiance after having both a bus and an airplane breaking down during my travels (making my travels more than 48 hours!)

I missed Thanksgiving with him, but I am very excited about Xmas. It is snowing here in Colorado Springs - very beautiful

what part of colorado springs do u live at? we will live in fountain but the time i was there he was renting a house closed to fort carson, near Uncle Guidos bar...do u know it!? It would be fun if we live close!

We live on Peterson AFB. Its right next to the airport. I dont know the area near Fort Carson yet, we have not been out in that direction. But as soon as you are here or if you come visit we should meet up. Colorado Springs is all spread out so getting anywhere needs a drive in any case.

I've been at Peterson AFB once while I was in Colorado...that is a awsome base, very big! Its not that far away from Fountain...I think I still may be able to enjoy some snow from this winter if everything will go fine at the interview! Of course we should meet up for a cook out or something!!

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

We filed first week of September and I find the time has gone by rather quickly. Peter is coming to visit for Christmas and I find December flys by anyways. So come New Years we will have about 4 months of waiting gone by. At least I get to spend Christmas and New Years with my sweetie. I see my timeline bumped ahead on here anyways, but that's ok. The thought of driving to Montreal in January or February didn't impress me. I'd be much happier with April or May. I have to sell one of my properties and real estate doesn't move to good through the winter months. Moving in late spring or early summer suits me just fine. We September filers are such a quiet forum! I started checking the August filers to see if anyone's approved yet....its starting to get exciting now guys!! Its getting close.....

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline
Ok guys...we must be the quietest forum on all of VJ! We need some action here. :jest: I think August filers will start seeing approvals any day now, and hopefully we won't be too far behind. Does anyone else feel like time is standing still?!? The first couple of months flew by and I hardly thought about it at all, but now, AGH!!, I can't stop thinking about it. It is so exciting to read the July thread with all of the approvals going on, and even the August thread where there is so much anticipation. I can't wait until that's us!!! :dancing: I'm trying to do all I can to stay busy because that seems to make time go by quicker. I am going up to Seattle this weekend to "play" with a couple of my good friends, and then on the 24th I am going to Mexico to spend the holidays with Aldo (8 days!!!). :wub: I cannot wait! Other than that, I am just working hard, going to the gym, eating WAY too much, spending entirely too much time online...anything to keep my mind off this whole process. Anybody have any ideas for what keeps you occupied and staying positive?

Amy and Wis-Can, Your right! This is the quietest group. I have said the same thing before. Like you two, I filed at the beginning of September, so I am going to be really happy to see some August Filers start to move through the system. I think I have seen threads about nothing with more pages than this group. :unsure:

Glad time is going by so quick for you guys, :thumbs: but it has absolutely been dragging by for me since I came back from Japan in October :angry: . I was planning to go back again in November, but it didnt work out :angry: . She was in the Philippines then anyway, so it wouldnt have mattered I guess. I had been really lucky this year to be able to go to Japan and or Philippines to see her about every 6 weeks. I spent about 22 weeks out of the office this year, but that was all before the end of October. I am sooooooooooo ready to go again.

Fortunately, my kids and I am leaving on the 26th to go see her and her family :dance::dance::dance: . We meet up with her in Japan, then take the same flight to the Philippines. I cant wait! A little late Christmas present, but I will take it. Still hoping for a NOA2 by then also, but I am about 99% sure I wont be so lucky. . . but as long as your hoping.

Killing time? - When I really have free time and am not reading VJ, I have been studying Tagalog. Her daughters english is not great, so I thought if might make the transition a little easier if I could speak tagalog to her. But I guess nothing will make the transition from the tropic Philippines weather to Michigan weather easy!

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The word on the street is that August people are now getting approved! Too bad they are all from VSC and not CSC but still! That gives us a little hope, right? hehe.

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Getting closer now!

:dance:

ROC

Sept 9/11 - Sent I-751 Package in Mail

Sept 12/11 - Package received at CSC

Sept 15/11 - Cheque cashed

Sept 16/11 - Receive NOA for I-751

Sept 19/11 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter dated 9/15/2011

Oct 7/11 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 2/11 - Greencard production ordered

Dec 3/11 - received email from USCIS advising card production

AOS

Aug 6/09 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP Package in mail

Aug 8/09 - Packaged received in Chicago

Aug 13/09 - Cheque cashed

Aug 17/09 - Receive NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Aug 21/09 - Receive Notice for Biometrics Appt

Aug 24/09 - RFE Sent in Mail

Aug 29/09 - RFE recieved

Sept 3/09 - Mail back RFE package

Sept 5/09 - RFE package received

Sept 10/09 - I-485 case resumed

Sept 10/09 - Address changed on I-485, I-765 and I-131

Sept 15/09 - Biometrics Appt

Sept 28/09 - AP Approved, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #1

Oct 1/09 - Received AP Hardcopy in Mail, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #2

Oct 5/09 - Received EAD Card

Oct 29/09 - Received Interview Letter

Dec 2/09 - Interview --APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

Well, it also gives me hope that our timelines will move back to where they were. if they are getting approvals now, hopefully they are onto Sept by mid January, so maybe the original estimtate of Jan 21 to Feb whatever was right. I hope it is sooner than that.

It is nice to see some movement. I really hope CSC gets moving soon. that will give me a better feeling for January.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been awhile since i posted here. I became so busy with my work and school. But I am glad because somehow it helps me not thinking so much of the process. But seeing some August K1 filers getting their NOA2 makes me feeling excited.

I wonder how will you spend Christmas this year?....

Mine.... still figuring it out....

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.