Motherless on my wedding day

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Jomai, Sorry to hear that ur mom didnt make it. Im praying so hard here coz i want my mom to be there on my wedding day but I am not hoping too much too. All i can do here is pray so hard for her coz I dont think there will be anyone from my family nor my fiance's family is going to be there for us. Maybe just the two of us with his close friends in Virginia. By the way, I have already made a decision to just travel alone to save money for wedding reception and for my moms plane ticket in case she will make it. I am scared though it will be my first time on the plane and I might get dizzy when i get off from the airports. Sigh, I wish we could do something from these things that troubles us. I really hope I wont get lost from those airports.

I will just wish u luck on ur wedding day and hoping the both of u will cherish and love each other forever. It will be sad without ur mom being there but Im sure she is very happy and proud of u so try to smile as well ok. Take care!

HI SIs, thank you so much..

with your mom naman saboi nila case to case basis daw so dont lose hope parin pero try to keep an open mind..ganun na nga lang.. kaya mo yan sis..:D ilang airport ba stop overmo? ingat ha?

Stop over ko sa japan pero same plane naman daw un going to Detroit. Sa Detroit na ang change plane connecting flight to Virginia. Can I carry cash maybe $600 in my purse? Hindi kaya ako maligaw sa mga airport? Bigyan mo naman ako ng tips in travelling. Thanks!

BTW, hindi ba nakakabaligtad ng sikmura ung take off and landing? Hirap kasi ako sa ganung feeling!

Edited by rlynvince

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there i can totally relate to you because my mom won't be there on my wedding also but it's a good thing that her sister (my aunt) lives 15 mins from my fiance's place so she will be at my wedding along with my cousins and some of my high school friends. if you have relatives there maybe you can invite them also. best wishes!

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

malungkot talaga

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

There was absolutely no way that I was going to deny my sweetie's one and only opportunity to be wed in the presence of her large family and caring friends, and that demanded that we marry at her place and then deal with the CR-1/K-3 processing. Situations vary with everyone, but it worked perfect for us. There were no extraneous complicating issues for us, so a civil wedding in a beautiful outdoor garden setting was chosen. Even so, a minimum 3 week visit is required for the USC to fulfull all requirements, and if you'd like a church or Catholic wedding, plan to be there longer due to inevitable complications. I received the affidavit from the US Embassy the day after my arrival, applied for the license two days later when we arrived at her place, waited the required 10 days and then had to leave two days after the wedding. In the end, her wedding day was a blessing for her, and for me, it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Beside, where else on this massive planet can you get a fully catered event for 200 in a beautiful tropical paradise, with two very resourceful and industrious wedding planners, for a bit more than $1000 (yes, this was in the rural provinces)!! And even more delightful was that our CR-1 processing took less than 9 months, so she was here in America as a full immigrant with a green card less than one year after our wedding.

My heart goes out to all who have chosen the K-1 route and will marry in America. It's so very difficult to celebrate that very special day so far away from a beloved mother and family. But, as others have said, think about the special moment the two of you are experiencing and make the best of it, no matter how simple or elaborate the setting. Your heart is filled with your's mother's love and that is with you always. It's your special day, so enjoy it!!

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.