mrsartis

Motherless on my wedding day

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl... sorry about this. Just keep the positive attitude! K? ang a BIG congratulations... I'm so happy for you!

thanks Cathy..and to you too for the baby ..:D yay!

waaah...baby? does that means Pregnancy... :D

Si shapey muna sis Joms. :thumbs:

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it's okay girl! i know she may not be here in flesh but her thoughts will be with u! Best wishes!

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can feel the emotion thinking mom can't be with you on your wedding day, but she is more than happy to know her daughter is happy with her life now.

Best wishes!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
sorry girl... keep the faith though. some better things are coming your so chin up!

hell .. seems there is no other way .. all we can do is HOpe and pray for better things to come our way.. :whistle:

😁

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear this. ang hirap kasi talagang kumuha ng tourist visa kahit na legal papers mo at babalik ka nmn talaga :(

pero don't worry i am sure naman na masaya nga mommy mo for you on your wedding kahit ala cya personally with you.

Best wishes and cheer up and be the prettiest bride :star::luv:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Just don't worry, smile and be the most beautiful in your wedding day!

Best wishes! :star::star::star::star:

:crying: :crying: :crying:

thanks girls.. i hopei can get through it.. we know we have plans of us getting married in the ohilippines when we get back for the sake of our family but of course thinks can change like we are saving for a house, what if ill get pregnant? we have to allot monies instead not for the wedding but for our future family.

naiiyak talga ako.. pero i was like the type who is not really showy with my emotions with my parents.. my dad cried when he last called, so i cant help it but to cry to but i hid the tone so he wont get overwhelmed and cry the whole minutes of his call.. he only needed one reassurance he needs to hear these words: "WALANG PROBLEMA, OK LAHAT MBABAIT SILA LAHAT SAKIN DITO" and i did tell him those words so he finally found his relief.. im sure it s hard for a macho guy like my dad to cry but he cant help it.. im his unica hija..and im getting married with a whetto (hehehhehehehe) but he trusts mike..

i miss pinas, my brothers, :crying: :crying: :crying:

This is the actual scene during my wedding. We don't even have camera man to take our pics and so my husband called everyone there "my family".

My auntie happened to be at the city office because there was a Teacher's Convention, thanks God there's at least one member of the family!

uu nga sis, kasad naman la yung parents mo.. im sure ill get over it oh yeah.. pero while thinking about it... waaaaaa :crying:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I can definitely relate to your feelings on this. I am glad you are still blessed with having your mother alive. :) A suggestion, if I may? I hope you and your fiancé plan on taking lots of pictures of the wedding. With the pictures you have of the wedding, why not make a slideshow of the wedding, complete with music, and send it to your mom? It doesn't take the place of her being there (and I know she is just as disappointed) but it will be the next best thing IMHO. Photobucket is one place for slideshows and you can also download PhotoStory 3 for free and do a music slideshow. It will be a project you and your new hubby can work on while you wait for your AOS to process.

Best wishes for your new life together (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
I can definitely relate to your feelings on this. I am glad you are still blessed with having your mother alive. :) A suggestion, if I may? I hope you and your fiancé plan on taking lots of pictures of the wedding. With the pictures you have of the wedding, why not make a slideshow of the wedding, complete with music, and send it to your mom? It doesn't take the place of her being there (and I know she is just as disappointed) but it will be the next best thing IMHO. Photobucket is one place for slideshows and you can also download PhotoStory 3 for free and do a music slideshow. It will be a project you and your new hubby can work on while you wait for your AOS to process.

hihihi.. i like your suggestions thank you so much and we will do our best to atleast make her happy,, :D

😁

hihihi.. i like your suggestions thank you so much and we will do our best to atleast make her happy,, :D

First, I know nothing can take the place of anyone's family being at their wedding in person, but for those who's family cannot attend a wedding for whatever reason, here is another suggestion.

My wife and I got married in Las Vegas and the chapel we used offered a service that streamed our live wedding over the internet in a web broadcast. If you are not in Vegas and don't plan on that place for your wedding, look around your local area for a company (or a techie at your local high school :lol: ) that could set this up for you. The easist way would be with a good webcam and video chat program, but if you hire a company you might be able to get fancier. While your loved one will not be able to sit in the chapel (or wherever) with you, maybe they could still be there watching over the internet. If you really want to get more into it, you could even stream a cam from their home or wherever (internet cafe) to a monitor in the place of the wedding so that you could see (and hear if you want) them also. We did not do the last part, but her family was able to see the wedding back in the Phils over the internet.

It's just a thought for those that want their relatives to witness their happy day, but can't be here. For those going to Las Vegas to get married, we used "Little Chapel of the Flowers" and they offer package deals that include streaming the ceremony over the internet. I am actually surprised more places don't offer this service as it's really nice for people that have families spread out over the USA and abroad that might not be able to attend in person. They also record it and people can watch in it replay over the net for up to 12 hours (or longer for a fee).

Good luck to you and hope you have a wonderful wedding day.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

First, I know nothing can take the place of anyone's family being at their wedding in person, but for those who's family cannot attend a wedding for whatever reason, here is another suggestion.

My wife and I got married in Las Vegas and the chapel we used offered a service that streamed our live wedding over the internet in a web broadcast. If you are not in Vegas and don't plan on that place for your wedding, look around your local area for a company (or a techie at your local high school :lol: ) that could set this up for you. The easist way would be with a good webcam and video chat program, but if you hire a company you might be able to get fancier. While your loved one will not be able to sit in the chapel (or wherever) with you, maybe they could still be there watching over the internet. If you really want to get more into it, you could even stream a cam from their home or wherever (internet cafe) to a monitor in the place of the wedding so that you could see (and hear if you want) them also. We did not do the last part, but her family was able to see the wedding back in the Phils over the internet.

It's just a thought for those that want their relatives to witness their happy day, but can't be here. For those going to Las Vegas to get married, we used "Little Chapel of the Flowers" and they offer package deals that include streaming the ceremony over the internet. I am actually surprised more places don't offer this service as it's really nice for people that have families spread out over the USA and abroad that might not be able to attend in person. They also record it and people can watch in it replay over the net for up to 12 hours (or longer for a fee).

Good luck to you and hope you have a wonderful wedding day.

Scott

An even better idea! :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mom was denied of a tourist visa here in US too..even if she's been touring other country..she was still denied here and at 57 the Interviewing officer told her that he believed that she will just work here!! gosh :rolleyes: And my mom being a not confrontative type of person she didnt plead against the officer's word..Anyways so Im motherless in my wedding too...but nevertheless they're always in my heart and someday will be wed again (with my husband of course ^_^) with them..in my home county...good luck and god bless ^_^

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jomai, Sorry to hear that ur mom didnt make it. Im praying so hard here coz i want my mom to be there on my wedding day but I am not hoping too much too. All i can do here is pray so hard for her coz I dont think there will be anyone from my family nor my fiance's family is going to be there for us. Maybe just the two of us with his close friends in Virginia. By the way, I have already made a decision to just travel alone to save money for wedding reception and for my moms plane ticket in case she will make it. I am scared though it will be my first time on the plane and I might get dizzy when i get off from the airports. Sigh, I wish we could do something from these things that troubles us. I really hope I wont get lost from those airports.

I will just wish u luck on ur wedding day and hoping the both of u will cherish and love each other forever. It will be sad without ur mom being there but Im sure she is very happy and proud of u so try to smile as well ok. Take care!

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

Timeline

hi scott,

thank you so much for that sugestion, now im looking for someone who can do the streaming.. if not then maybe a video atleast we can do for the family in US..: :star:

😁

Timeline
Hi Jomai, Sorry to hear that ur mom didnt make it. Im praying so hard here coz i want my mom to be there on my wedding day but I am not hoping too much too. All i can do here is pray so hard for her coz I dont think there will be anyone from my family nor my fiance's family is going to be there for us. Maybe just the two of us with his close friends in Virginia. By the way, I have already made a decision to just travel alone to save money for wedding reception and for my moms plane ticket in case she will make it. I am scared though it will be my first time on the plane and I might get dizzy when i get off from the airports. Sigh, I wish we could do something from these things that troubles us. I really hope I wont get lost from those airports.

I will just wish u luck on ur wedding day and hoping the both of u will cherish and love each other forever. It will be sad without ur mom being there but Im sure she is very happy and proud of u so try to smile as well ok. Take care!

HI SIs, thank you so much..

with your mom naman saboi nila case to case basis daw so dont lose hope parin pero try to keep an open mind..ganun na nga lang.. kaya mo yan sis..:D ilang airport ba stop overmo? ingat ha?

😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.