Larry and Maria

Fiancé(e) I-129F Petitions Recalled by DHS

90 posts in this topic

So, I have a received date of March 1, 2006, a Notice date of March 7, 2006, and a blank priority date. From what I read of your post, aussie, that means that this petition doesn't fall under the new law and therefore won't be recalled for a security check, is that correct? Gotta ask just to make sure.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if we received an NOA1 on March 7, but have already gotten a NOA2, and an email from the NVC stating that they have forwarded the case to the Consulate, will our case STILL be recalled and an RFE sent?

I am not a lawyer so take this with a grain of salt. But it looks like anyone that has a NOA1 date after March 5 will get sent back. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Good luck!

Yours is before so it looks like your OK.

So, I have a received date of March 1, 2006, a Notice date of March 7, 2006, and a blank priority date. From what I read of your post, aussie, that means that this petition doesn't fall under the new law and therefore won't be recalled for a security check, is that correct? Gotta ask just to make sure.

As with Gary, I am not a lawyer, but petitions that are received before the act came into practice will not be affected. Imagine the law suits if that happened. A different kettle of fish if the act was retroactive...which it isnt.....there is nothing in the act from what I can see that makes it retroactive...nor is there anything on any of the immigration lawyer sites that would give this notion.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

This is exactly what I thought the reason for the recalls was - but Im glad they've actually put it out there so its 'official' and people have an article they can reference.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that the depts involved didn't meet the deadlines - I doubt very much any of them were alotted extra staff to deal with this situation - although as others have said, why they then sent the cases to NVC (when they hadn't gone thru the USC security checks) is beyond me. That part of it seems quite insane - did they think no-one would NOTICE? :blink:

Or were VSC worried they'd lose their 'fastest processing center' status??

I'm sure many of the people affected, while being annoyed at any delays for an NOA2, would have been happier with a delay at THAT stage than a recall after they thought things were moving.

Seems like a 0/10 for customer relations - and common sense - there.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We did see some approvals from Nebraska after IMBRA law. There were two approvals last week. Did they have to send in any new form? Maybe they just mean they need to make new notes on the forms, like they said "some cases were processed after March 5

using the old forms and procedures and sent to posts for

processing." What I mean is, they wouldn't be accepting any new petitions before changing the I-129F form, so maybe it's something they were supposed to do at USCIS, and we won't ALL get an RFE.

I could be just dreaming, but really, 5 months to do this like, sounds way more than anyone can bear with. I'm sure they can come up with something that goes faster, like an e-form the petitioners can fill and send, especially for those with a NOA1, they can just use their case number to send the info online. That would be reasonable.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry for the double post but with this new memo, are they saying EVERYONE needs the extra check? Or just those under IMBRA?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

As I read it, the law changed on march 5/6th and all petitions rec;vd from then onwards fall under the USC criminal history checking requirements

Applied for K1

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
I am SO pissed - how stupid can they be?

Rather stupid.

My mother works for the government (not with immigration though -- Social Security Admin.) and she always tells me about the ridiculous incompetence of her co-workers -- how much misinformation they give out to people and all the mistakes they make while processing claims, etc. The problem is that government workers can't lose their jobs for practically any reason or any number of hideous mistakes, so it doesn't motivate them to do their jobs attentively. My mother happens to do her job very well and she cares about it, but maybe half her office does NOT feel like that. I'm sure USCIS is the same way -- people ignoring or never bothering to learn new procedures. :angry: And instead of punishing the workers (or officer managers, or whoever) they punish us for their mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

"No cases in issued status will be recalled."

What does that mean? Cases received before March 6th? They already have recalled cases received by USCIS in January, February and earlier in March. Maybe that means that if the consulate sent back a case with a NOA1 before March 6th, those cases will get bumped back to the consulate?

Or does that mean cases where the visa has already been issued?

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
We did see some approvals from Nebraska after IMBRA law. There were two approvals last week. Did they have to send in any new form?

I think one of the approvals last week was post RFE

The other, one of my friends, came from a petition with a receipt date of March 3 I believe. So it looks like they aren't moving.

If anyone is using an attorney, it would be great to hear from advice on how we can voice our complaints and complete dissatisfaction with how, once again, the USCIS has totally botched something that could have been easily managed. It doesn't seem like emailing congressmen would be very effective but if anyone's lawyer has an idea, I'm open to shooting some wicked letters all of the country - just tell me who to send them to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

this is definately TEH SUCK. I know I had looked at IMBRA implications when I filed in April and made sure I had all the newest forms. I had hoped that would save me this kind of hassle.....

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them - Einstein

What does that mean? Cases received before March 6th? They already have recalled cases received by USCIS in January, February and earlier in March. Maybe that means that if the consulate sent back a case with a NOA1 before March 6th, those cases will get bumped back to the consulate?

Again, just by looking at the article, and with no 'inside info' I would imagine this means that visas that are already issued (as in PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN THE PASSPORT) are not being recalled.

Applied for K1

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

I could be just dreaming, but really, 5 months to do this like, sounds way more than anyone can bear with.

Well think of it this way it has already been 2 1/2 months since this law went in effect and we are just now seeing people being recalled, etc. :angry:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I believe that means they can't take back the visa if it's already been issued. They do mention cases with 221g, which means people who are in AR or AP (that is post-interview, pre-visa) may be affected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.